What's new

Can Mods get rid of character limit of titles on new posts

Remove character limit on title of new posts

• Yes

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
This is really annoying, sometimes you have to cut important stuff out of title because you cannot fit it in because of this character limit. Mods should remove it

That limit is enforced by Software/OEM not by PDF.

It's probably a limitation imposed by the database design as the title is probably stored in a varchar field and a varchar field can contain 255 characters at most. So, they can probably increase the limit to that number but not more.

Titles shouldn't be too long, else they dont remain titles

I agree but it's too short, almost every time I post something I have to cut out important info from title

For a person who hasn't been on the forum for even a year, You sure do make alot of demands..

Being a "recent" member doesn't meet anyone cannot come with ideas that they think can improve the forum.

On topic,I think the current character limit of titles is good,titles shouldn't be novels..

This is really annoying, sometimes you have to cut important stuff out of title because you cannot fit it in because of this character limit. Mods should remove it
Aspen,
A title is always short and precise. If you want to write crux of any article or news for example, I suggest you to write either on the top or at the bottom of the page. If you'll write long titles than reader will not on earth going to browse the article and loose his or her interest quickly or may misunderstand the POV. Hence, write a short heading followed by one linear or few linear summary and then respective article.

regards

Back
Top Bottom