What's new

Can India destroy Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal?

Funny that your super power army is unable to get Kashmir in control after 70 years and you talk about talking over Pakistan LOL if the war starts India will disintegrate much quicker than you think,its not the army which fights the war its the nation and it will not matter how much weapons you have

It is not bluffing. I have within my family some retired army officers in Pakistan. And I know from their demeanour [I assume rest of the serving officer cadre is similiar] they would not hesitate to use the nukes.

Anybody who is actually in the know will not even speak about it, not even in passing.

Pakistan like the erstwhile Soviet Union is pretty well secure and insured against any military attack from any country by reason of the cost such a venture would attract on any such foolish venture. This is premised on it's nuclear forces. Be it from India or USA.

However Pakistan might be secure on the military front but is is extremely fragile on other fronts. If India or USA or combined developed more nuanced policy to gnaw away at it's weak points Pakistan would collapse with two decades much like Soviet Union did. Pakistan's fragility is it's internal order and polity. If India applied stress there Pakistan would suffer Balkanization.

I am actually surprised Indian planners have not gone for Pakistan's Achille's Heel. Such a effort would reward India with absolute victory with two decades and without even firing a shot.

This is exactly what we are trying to accomplish.

really where? how much ground do they hold and where? Indian forces in kahmir are operating since 90s still resistance is going on

so you are accepting US lost considering 40% afghanistan is still under taliban control

I don't think you understand what either means.

The Kashmir problem as far as we are concerned is a constitutional problem, not a security problem. What we are facing is cross border terrorism, where Pak trained terrorists are coming in to kill Indians.

The US has control of Afghanistan, so they don't care about everything else.

I also find it funny who civilian protestors make it to the 4rd most dangerous terrorist organization
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nati...4th-most-affected-in-world.html?fromNewsdog=1

We treat Maoists as a social or a law and order problem.

http://indianexpress.com/article/ex...is-a-difference-between-believing-and-acting/

You guys are so fed on propaganda that you guys are unable to see the actual situation.

Funny that your super power army is unable to get Kashmir in control after 70 years and you talk about talking over Pakistan LOL if the war starts India will disintegrate much quicker than you think,its not the army which fights the war its the nation and it will not matter how much weapons you have

We already have Kashmir.

Anybody who is actually in the know will not even speak about it, not even in passing.
I never said I had people working in the nuclear forces with state secrets. I merely alluded to the general culture and demeanour of military officers. Which points to in a war they would use the nukes.

This is exactly what we are trying to accomplish.
I am opening a thread on this. I would invite you there to give the Indian perspective.

I never said I had people working in the nuclear forces with state secrets. I merely alluded to the general culture and demeanour of military officers. Which points to in a war they would use the nukes.

The point is the same people will not have any place to escape to. Everybody will become a target, including families and friends. Those who escape outside Pak will be hunted as well, including by the international community. That's the price for committing crimes against humanity.

I am opening a thread on this. I would invite you there to give the Indian perspective.

Sure.

For destroying enemy nuclear forces, one need to achieve certain criteria. These criteria, even if achieved on paper, are close to impossible to implement on practical grounds. Remember, despite of being most advance State in World with support of all diplomatic, economic, strategic and geographical advantages, United States failed to conduct such pre emptive counter nuclear force strike on much weaker opponent. I. E North Korea which is much inferior in terms of quantity & quality of nuclear weapons and their delivery platforms when compared with Pakistan. These criteria are
1: Element of surprise : India must catch Pakistan off guard with its forces over stretched and unprepared to deal with overwhelming force attacking its nuclear forces.
2: Precise information : India must have pin point accurate information about location, status, numbers of nuclear weapons and relevant command and control.
3: Fire power : India must have advance stand off precise munitions and that too in sufficient numbers to strike Pakistan nuclear forces from safe distance with accuracy in order to cripple Pakistan nuclear forces. For neutralizing under ground facilities, India must have capability to locate, track, engage and destroy deeply buried targets.
4: India must have advance Missile Defense System with proven ability to intercept any nuclear tipped missile launch from Pakistan which India failed to destroy in its massive pre emotive nuclear counter value strike.
5: India must have sufficient launch platforms to deliver such heavy punch and recon assets to provide such information in first place. Above all, network centricity is critical with Zero chance of any miscalculation.
Now, ask your self. Can India do so? My answer will be, neither now nor in near future (very minor possiblity may exist in far far future but that will be very exceptional case)

we know how with keeping 500,000 hungry,depressed and frustrated so called army guys and still needs to blame every single incident on Pakistan

Haven't you ever thought that the Pakistani arsenal exists purely as a bluff?

Do you guys really think Pakistan will use nukes on India when the Indian Army is running amok within Pakistan?

Where will the Pakistani armed forces and civilians hide if you so blatantly kill Indian civilians?

Here's what I think will happen in case India declares total war on Pakistan. Pakistani authorities will reveal locations of their nukes to the Americans for extraction. The location of the ones that are forward deployed, if any, will be given to the Indians so that we can take them out in missile strikes. This will be done in order to guarantee the existence of the Pakistani state, in other words, the Pakistani Army, in a post war period.

Or the alternate, Pakistan destroys one or two major Indian cities. India blows up a few Pakistani cities in retaliation, and then the IA takes over Pakistan and starts executing anything and everything to do with the Pakistani security establishment in revenge after pinning the Pakistani state with "crimes against humanity" and the whole world will support the purge and applaud it after it's done.

So good luck with your nukes.
I think we should put a IQ test on our new member checks from now on with gems such as this post showing the need for it.. also banned from thread for posting stupid stuff and wasting the thread.

Americans don't need to go to war against Pakistan to cripple it. Reality is that if they start a full fledge sanctions regime like was in affect against Iran for eg., that made it roll back it nuclear program, Pakistan will succumb in a matter of years too. At least in Irans case they were energy independent to some extent. No such luck with Pakistan. The only way for that not to happen is for Pakistan to diversify its economy and get connected to the global markets in Europe and Asia in a much bigger way. If all we have to export is fruits and food, then we will always have trade deficits and be easily replaceable. Need to invest in human capital and education, hi tech industries, even on small scale and niche markets ... and prioritize Pakistan over everyone else. Way too many Chinese coming in for CPEC related work, even labor and construction? Why? Last I checked we had no shortage of manpower. Its the poor short-sighted policies that will eventually hamper or do-in Pakistan then any other foreign power.
For such sanction to pass whole. Unsc has to agree not possible with Chinese after there 100+ billion investment in pak China is far bigger trade pRt ner with pak then us and since in sanctions won't be passed against us us rest of world will keep o doing business with uslikd they r with IRan Cuba and Venezuela :)

Back
Top Bottom