What's new

Can I take a Mavic Mini drone (less than 250g) with me on holiday to Pakistan?

tman786

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a Mavic mini drone which is less than 250g. Would I be able to take it on holiday with me to Pakistan...

I've googled it and the opinion seems to be don't bother as custom scums will confiscate it 😔

I was wondering if anyone had any personal experiences of doing the same?

It seems a shame if they are putting this restriction in because drone footage is great advertising for the beauty of a holiday destination.

I was in the exact situation as you, but my drone wasn't as expensive as the Mavic Mini.

They took the drone, but let me keep the controller lmao- uneducated people for you. Ironically, the controller is the part that I'd have expected them to take

Even so, I'm sure that you'd be able to dismantle it into an unrecognisable unit, and take it with you

Hi all

I have a Mavic mini drone which is less than 250g. Would I be able to take it on holiday with me to Pakistan...

I've googled it and the opinion seems to be don't bother as custom scums will confiscate it 😔

It seems a shame if they are putting this restriction in because drone footage is great advertising for the beauty of a holiday destination.

IDK how much it costs, but I'd say take a risk, but put it in your suitcase, maybe dismantle it so it doesn't look like a drone in basic scans. Just don't tell anyone about it and when you're leaving the airport march towards the door like a boss. They prey on people who look towards them or are trying to make/avoid eye contact.

I was in the exact situation as you, but my drone wasn't as expensive as the Mavic Mini.

They took the drone, but let me keep the controller lmao- uneducated people for you. Ironically, the controller is the part that I'd have expected them to take

Even so, I'm sure that you'd be able to dismantle it into an unrecognisable unit, and take it with you

bro, how did they find out you had a drone on you?

Did they return the drone to you when you left Pakistan?
Nope. As part of their "unspoken policy", I never saw it again.
It had these polymer blades that snap really easily, and become sharp edges. I hope the people who took it fell foul of those.

IDK how much it costs, but I'd say take a risk, but put it in your suitcase, maybe dismantle it so it doesn't look like a drone in basic scans. Just don't tell anyone about it and when you're leaving the airport march towards the door like a boss. They prey on people who look towards them or are trying to make/avoid eye contact.

bro, how did they find out you had a drone on you?
I had a separate briefcase for it, with a foam lining.

Check with the airline for local regulations. I have a Mavic 2 pro and its been a bit of a hassle even travelling domestically in India so I've parked it in my current location and not planning to travel with it unless I'm riding or driving (or maybe taking a train)

Batteries in carry on hand luggage, the rest in the hold.. its a pain even though I registered through a super tedious government wabsite and got my ID numbers.. both drone and owner ID numbers.. jeesus.. fvck that was a pain :suicide::suicide:

Pak might be stricter still given some security issues but I've seen plenty of drone footage from Pak vloggers.. maybe ask one of them or on an appropriate forum ?

Nope. As part of their "unspoken policy", I never saw it again.
It had these polymer blades that snap really easily, and become sharp edges. I hope the people who took it fell foul of those.

I had a separate briefcase for it, with a foam lining.
Aah.

@tman786 if you want to take the risk, put that seperate briefcase inside a hardshell suitcase, surround it with clothes.

Should be fine i reckon - but dont hold me to it!

Hi all

They're confiscating chocolates and you expect mercy on a mini drone? :drag:

Check with the airline for local regulations
Hold on. Checking the local regulations.

It says here: "Bend over and offer *** in addition to everything else you got, We'll decide what to let you leave with, but your dignity isn't among that"

They confiscate these drones because they dont want you to find out their party and lavish lifestyles using its aerial camera.

Quadcopters with cameras are used worldwide to monitor crops, cell phone towers, electric poles, cinematography etc.

my drone was taken from me by the #@&%$ on the airport some years ago.

so I bought a dji spark in Pakistan and left it there. went to fly it after 2 years and it was dead and that really annoyed me.

the batteries are designed to go into hibernation and when they do you are going to spit fire.

I bought some batteries for dji mavic 2 and was going to buy dji mavic 2 as well but due to covid I didn't buy the drone and then strict restrictions came into effect with drone weight.

thinking about getting a mavic mini 3 BUT dji have the worst battery system ever imagined.

if the battery discharges 100% then thats it. you are royally #%$@. My two dji mavic 2 batteries are dead and I curse dji.

I have developed a hate for dji because of it.

that will not work. I bought a survival or outdoor knife and took it to Pakistan. the knife I had came with a tang which is a piece of exposed metal at the back handle of the knife.

the security guy said to me the knife in your luggage has a exposed metal part. I said yes its called a tang.

so despite all the screwed up things the security on airports is very strict.

on the way back asf caused me issues, nothing that threatening to call ghq didnt fix ;p

Hi all

do not take it as one,
disassemble it,
and put the pieces in difference cases,
don't bring the box, or other literature.

hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom