What's new

Can anyone tell me what type of this antiship missile is?

It's definitely not the YJ12, here is the same footage 2 years ago, probably YJ18.
No,no,that is not true,the gif of YJ-12 is this:
20160711105937606-gif.318452
The launching footage was YJ12, but the explosion was a PL5 AAM fired from JH7, see the video below. CCTV is known for combining unrelated footage to confuse people.

No,no,that is not true,the gif of YJ-12 is this:
View attachment 318452
Pay attention to the speed,the terminal speed of YJ-12 exceeds 4 maches,it is unnecessary to do a "S-shape movement."

YJ-12 has a aircraft track.

Buddy,you are the closest to the correct answer.
View attachment 318453
This a screen shot few years ago,it is possibly YJ-18.
南海军演动用最强反舰导弹:一枚击穿4一艘军舰
中央电视台新闻节目中报道演习画面中首次出现海军轰-6轰炸机发射“鹰击-12”反舰导弹画面。多种新型武器亮相南海军演。其中,外媒最关注的当属“鹰击”系列反舰导弹的亮相。画面中,一枚反舰导弹击穿一艘军舰。
I saw many Chinese news said it's the YJ-12

Here is the YJ-18 supersonic anti-ship missile, VLS-launched
181167956.jpg

yj-18-launch-gif.gif

Last edited:
All the sailors ? This just goes to show everyone that they should not take the PDF Chinese cohort seriously when it comes to military and technical issues.
I remember when Iraqi exoset hit the stark frigate in the gulf it killed over 40 sailors bit it didn't kill/em all although the missile exploded inside the ship.

Also the hezollah missile that hit the saar corvette yes killed few sailors not all of them also the missile exploded on the deck of the ship.

Both missiles have a war head over 160 KG!!! yes the missile impressed me for sure.

Buddy,I think it must be subsonic missile,such a "S" maneuver is not suit to supersonic.Of course,it's just my own guess.

BrahMos is a supersonic missile which does the S maneuver.
So?

To keep the long text short, this missile has impress you isn't it?:rofl: with such devastating hit, the shock waves will literally kill all the sailors in the ship even if they're not kill by explosion.

Those sailors in the engine room wont be killed by the shock waves because it would not reach them.
blast overpressure is what caused by shock waves. And since the blast overpressure is always hemispherical waves, one more reason, sailors in the engine room wont be killed.

Kind of underground bomb shelter.

BrahMos is a supersonic missile which does the S maneuver.
Evidence source.Even now I still hardly believe that missile is a supersonic missile.
he launching footage was YJ12, but the explosion was a PL5 AAM fired from JH7, see the video below. CCTV is known for combining unrelated footage to confuse people.
CCTV!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom