What's new

Can a Fighter shot down a A2A missile?

Tecnically yes if a missile is fat enough. With cannon fire or . special kinetic missiles specifically designed to take down other missiles.

Ground based anti missile systems have these missiles like the ones israel or russia makes.

So yes not impossible. We have chengdu F-7PG which has demonstrated this skill in past for Pakistan air force.

But reaction time is very less. Shooting down An AIM 120C however is not easy as it is not fat at all. Its very hard to shoot it down unlesd you shoot with s few lucky shots of canon fire.

I have my doubts . if was a pakistani israeli or russian pilot it was more believable.

Anyways it is possible in some rare scenarios . but not while running away from the missile. You have to be behind the missile or facing it head on.

This would be a concept called Flying APS. Usa china and russia are working on an automatic APS for aircraft . for now its manually done by really really good pilots and rare scenarios

For now its just a fairy tale against missles like PL-12 or AIM-120c of pakistan air force

Last edited:
AFAIK, MBDA's MICA is the only missile that is genuinely capable of providing 360° coverage against air threats, which is used by M2K in India's case, and it's arguably the most accurate of all current A2A missiles. I don't think the MKI and the Russian A2A missiles possess such capability.

May be for BM and some standoff subsonic cruise missile but not for supersonic one especially for BVRAAM

They know how dumb their public is, so they can say anything and bhagats will start jumping and ....

AFAIK, MBDA's MICA is the only missile that is genuinely capable of providing 360° coverage against air threats, which is used by M2K in India's case, and it's arguably the most accurate of all current A2A missiles. I don't think the MKI and the Russian A2A missiles possess such capability.
And please proof your points does MICA tested/USED to intercept BVRRAM @Wasteland o_O:what: your'e just assuming every country can publicize there weapons are most accurate in the world @Wasteland :crazy::crazy:

ROFL (without clicking on link)………………… But...…………………. They can do any thing man , they had internet 1000s of year ago...………..

Back
Top Bottom