What's new

Cambridge, University of Pennsylvania & other top Unis in talks for opening campuses in KPK.

I think we have plenty of good educational institutes; unless these prestigious foreign universities bring their research in Pakistan, a degree will just be a degree. I have studied in Pakistan's higher education institutions and West's and it wasn't much different. What really counted was quality of research.

PTI govt. in KPK should only allow those foreign universities to open their campuses who also bring a minimum level of their research projects in Pakistan. Otherwise, it will be similar to what the large multinationals are doing in Pakistan in the name of manufacturing - they are bringing CKDs and assembling them and they are bringing high-end chemicals and mixing them (making medicines etc.); that is not the face of progress and it will stay like that unless somebody takes an initiative from the govt. side.

I think we have plenty of good educational institutes; unless these prestigious foreign universities bring their research in Pakistan, a degree will just be a degree. I have studied in Pakistan's higher education institutions and West's and it wasn't much different. What really counted was quality of research.

PTI govt. in KPK should only allow those foreign universities to open their campuses who also bring a minimum level of their research projects in Pakistan. Otherwise, it will be similar to what the large multinationals are doing in Pakistan in the name of manufacturing - they are bringing CKDs and assembling them and they are bringing high-end chemicals and mixing them (making medicines etc.); that is not the face of progress and it will stay like that unless somebody takes an initiative from the govt. side.

Nobody will bring their top of the list projects. They are just doing a business deal (even if they would do it).

They will also not bring their top guns in those institutions.

That is why, i will always say don't be emotional about these things. They are doing, what they have to do, we will do, what we have to do. No one will make our destiny. Everyone makes their own destiny.

Nobody will bring their top of the list projects. They are just doing a business deal (even if they would do it).
They will also not bring their top guns in those institutions.
That is why, i will always say don't be emotional about these things. They are doing, what they have to do, we will do, what we have to do. No one will make our destiny. Everyone makes their own destiny.

If they want business from us then they are looking for our money and before we pay them we can make them cough up which they dearly hold from the third world; it's called bargaining.

If they want business from us then they are looking for our money and before we pay them we can make them cough up which they dearly hold from the third world; it's called bargaining.

I like your word ' bargaining'. This is not about the first world or the third world. It is all about your worth.

It is same like in families, rich get more respect and honor as compared to the poor.

So now what to do. Increase your worth.

Take the example of 'Imran Khan", when he goes to England, he is invited to the Royal functions. Why, that is, his worth.

The world runs on bargaining. Means give and take.

Saudi Arabia has very close relationship with the White House. Why?

Indians have important position in Europe and United States. Why?

Japan enjoys first world status in the world, instead of being in the east. Why?

South Africa is very close to Europe and United States, instead of being in Africa. Why?

Brazil has special importance in the developed world, instead of being a part of South America. Why?

The answer to all these questions is just one. 'Worth'

Back
Top Bottom