What's new

Cambodian students Protest at Vietnam Embassy

@yue10 Its interesting that you know history of mainland South East Asia that deep. You even sounds like one of the player in those days' Cambodia. Are you historian? Where are you from? Let me guess: You are ethnic Vietnamese Cambodian citizenship?

Dian Bian Fu, the place where final battle between France and Vietkong happened in decisive victory of the later, was one of Siam's protectorates called Sibsongchutai (meaning 12 ??? tai) . ??? means I do not fully understand the vocab.

?????´Թᴹ?Ժ?ͧ??? (?.?.2431) - MyFirstBrain.Com

In year 1865, Muslim Chinese, known in Thai as Ho Chinese, (I think its Hui in Mandarin), or who were parts of war lost Taiping Rebels from China, migrate southward and conquer land between Vietnam and China. Later this group invaded Sibsongchutai (Dian Bian Fu) and invaded Vientian (Lao current capital city). The Ho Chinese and Siam fought the war. Siamese were able to protect Vientien and regain control over Dien Bien Fu, but then the French came and said that Dien Bien Fu belongs to Vietnam, therefore, belongs to France. France then sent the army to fight Ho Chinese. Now the Siamese and France army are at confrontation.

Later Siam lost this part of land when France navy invade Bangkok's main river, Chao Praya. To protect Bangkok, the peace treaty was signed that Siam ceded Dien Bien Fu for France.

That's how Yuon (Vietnamese when called by Cambodian) got Dien Bien Fu. Perhaps France was a good predictor when she said "Dien Bien Fu belonged to Vietnam" and later France herself loss Dien Bien Fu for VN forever.
Don't post too much bullshit please. Siam as county is a new creation in the modern history, that took lands from others. Thailand had not existed until recently. Who had given you the right to occupy Laos and Cambodia? Who recommended you to invade present day southern Vietnam?

Don't complain why we kicked you *** out of Indochinese mainland and destroyed your dream of a great kingdom.

No, yue10 is just a Khmer loser.

how many times i told your buffalo head i am not the khmer but anyways there have been no proof tai was homeland in red river delta? hahaha what a joke you are speaking my annam friend

if you did not believe me ask your comrade the dude rechoice what is the ethnic of an duong vuong

lol, what if i am telling you the light skin annam was tai got assimilate into your race and the dark skin annams was your true root? looking here the maps and also noticing how north central coast is second poorest region in VN? that's beacuse thanh nghe tinh is your true homeland of course it will be near the poorest hahaha :rofl:
Economy[edit]
The Bắc Trung Bộ region has the second lowest GDP per capita in the country, while the Northwest (Tây Bắc) region ranks the lowest GDP per capita.

fig1mt72e.gif

WATER_11599_2007_9033_Fig4_HTML.jpg

hahahaha you are such a liar, i could expect nothing more from such yuon crocodiles, look here the true face of yuons betrayed those poor khmer folks who thought there was communist brotherhood, shameless :tsk:

The Vietnamese, under pressure from the Sihanouk regime and its Western allies, did not even let the Khmer communists participate in the Geneva negotiations, and by the end of 1954 had withdrawn their combat forces from the regions of Cambodia which were under their control. Hereupon Khmer Royal Forces entered all zones that had been under KPRP authority, which forced the party underground. The consolation offered by Hanoi - granting two thousand of their allies the possibility of taking cover in the territory of North Vietnam (Nayan Chanda, Brother Enemy, N.Y., 1986, p. 59) - was obviously disproportionate to their contribution to a joint struggle. Therefore among the Khmer communists remaining in Cambodia the story gained currency that Hanoi had simply betrayed them, used them as hostages for the sake of reaching the agreement with the then leader of Cambodia, Norodom Sihanouk.
You are just a Khmer moron.

@somsak : interesting information. Do you mean there's no Laos?

Siam ancient kingdom structure is different from VN/China and other east Asia.

Lao/Cambodia/Chiangmai was "Vassel states". Lao vassel states are not a single country. Lao are actually numerous princedoms. Small princedom has only 1 city, while large princedom can look like a nation states. Siamese force under King Taksin (name so similar to Thaksin ) the great, a Thai Chinese, won these vassel states + Cambodia. King Taksin force fought war with much weaker Vietnamese force (according to our book). This is due to internal politics of Cambodia that divided into 2 fractions, one sided with Siam, and the other sided with VN. With the same food in the middle, its natural that the 2 tigers are in conflict.

The reason VN was weak because VN was not a united country, but 3 kingdoms fighting civil war. King Taksin's interesting idea was to enthrone Cambodia with his own son. His son traveled with a great general to take Cambodia for K. Taksin's Son. The confrontation with VN force was immense. However, suddenly, Bangkok got a very first coup. The great general has to come back. In VN side, VN general also has a reason of internal VN politic to went back to VN. Therefore, treaty was signed, each army go back to its own country. At that time 1 of Nguyen prince who will be Gia Long King was in Bangkok. He will be the King of a united Vietnam when this Siamese general became Siamese King.

Later, a Vietnamese girl will change the history of Cambodia from bottom up, inside out way. And you know
Not all vassel states are won by force. Only big vassal states defeated were able to convince the small princedom to be under Siamese protection.

Siam ancient kingdom structure is different from VN/China and other east Asia.

Lao/Cambodia/Chiangmai was "Vassel states". Lao vassel states are not a single country. Lao are actually numerous princedoms. Small princedom has only 1 city, while large princedom can look like a nation states. Siamese force under King Taksin (name so similar to Thaksin ) the great, a Thai Chinese, won these vassel states + Cambodia. King Taksin force fought war with much weaker Vietnamese force (according to our book). This is due to internal politics of Cambodia that divided into 2 fractions, one sided with Siam, and the other sided with VN. With the same food in the middle, its natural that the 2 tigers are in conflict.

The reason VN was weak because VN was not a united country, but 3 kingdoms fighting civil war. King Taksin's interesting idea was to enthrone Cambodia with his own son. His son traveled with a great general to take Cambodia for K. Taksin's Son. The confrontation with VN force was immense. However, suddenly, Bangkok got a very first coup. The great general has to come back. In VN side, VN general also has a reason of internal VN politic to went back to VN. Therefore, treaty was signed, each army go back to its own country. At that time 1 of Nguyen prince who will be Gia Long King was in Bangkok. He will be the King of a united Vietnam when this Siamese general became Siamese King.

Later, a Vietnamese girl will change the history of Cambodia from bottom up, inside out way. And you know
Not all vassel states are won by force. Only big vassal states defeated were able to convince the small princedom to be under Siamese protection.

when you like to discuss about the history, it is map of Vietnam Nguyen Dynasty.

250px-Map_of_Vietnam_1829.jpg

Vietnam in 1829 under the Nguyễn Dynasty

Nguyễn dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@somsak : what is your opinion about Cambodia who argue that Khmer Crom land conveyed to Vietnam by France just few decades ago ?
Vietnam ambassador, just show his view that is not true but longer time ago.

No. For this time, Vietnam could claim North of Thailand was Land of Dai Viet in Nguyen Dynasty too.

Cambodian friends can also claim that Thailand belong to them too.

khmer-empire.jpg

@BoQ77

Im not so sure. Land, King, people, language sometimes you should think as different elements, which can combine together to form a new state. King may be from one ethnic group speaking a language, while people another group. This states can change its location as well.

My understanding is that Gia Long's first peace of his controlled land was the Khmer Krom area (not sure). Do you see the 2nd map I posted in previous post? That include makhong River Delta isn't it?
Gia Long starts his King as a siamese protectorate at that area. Thats why the map shown there belong to Siam. After that he then won his way North until united VN. After he united VN, he regard Siam as equal and no more paying tribute to Siam. Thus ending, the protectorate status. Our history book said that Gia Long was so greatful with Siamese help that he will not fight Siam. Therefore, peace in Cambodia happened. On the next VN throne, Cambodia;s internal politics will get heat due to 2 suns on East and West.

Cambodian friends can claim Thailand belong to them too.

khmer-empire.jpg

I think we are Khmer ourself. This is not in our history book. I think so, Siam is a fraction of Khmer. It was a Khmer civil war that split Siam from Cambodia. Siam was actually a alliance between Tai princedom and the Khmer Capital of Ayuthaya.
But we both were Khmer. Later Siam was then flood with immigrant from the North, the Lao/Tai, thats why we speak Thai.

Last edited:
I think we are Khmer ourself. This is not in our history book. I think so, Siam is a fraction of Khmer. It was a Khmer civil war that split Siam from Cambodia. Siam was actually a alliance between Tai princedom and the Khmer Capital of Ayuthaya.
But we both were Khmer. Later Siam was then flood with immigrant from the North, the Lao/Tai, thats why we speak Thai.

origin native people in mainland of South East Asia were Mon/Khmer languages speaking people, no Thai. You are Thai came later, you speak Thai/Katay language not Khmer language, so you are not Khmer. Vietnamese and Cambodian we shared same Mon/Khmer language root.

I like borrow comment of EastSEa here for reference.

I said to you many time that Indochina Peninsula belong to Mon (in Myanmar)/Khmer (in Cambodia) /Khmu (in Laos) /Muong(Viet) in Vietnam first, WHO SPEAK MON/KHMER languages.
Thais, Laotien and Champa were new comers.

or here.

Austroasiatic languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom