What's new

Callous rhetoric “Poor of Bangladesh still go hungry so they cross over to India”: Amit Shah’s ‘anti-Bangladeshi card’ can jeopardize ties

We in Bangladesh cosset our minorities (especially Hindus), giving them quota protection in jobs, education. Hindus are employed in govt. in far exceeding numbers than their ratio of population would imply, and thanks to Hasina, those are quite senior positions, especially in public law enforcement (with all the "wealth perquisites" that come with it).

Peddling more lies at the beginning of Ramadan? There was no quota for any religious minorities except tribal people in govt job ever. After the quota reform movement, there is no quota in recruitment in 1st and 2nd class post (9th to 13th grade) at present. Recruitment at all government departments, autonomous or semi-autonomous institutions, and various corporations will be based solely on merit from now on.

Until the abolition, about 56 percent of government jobs had been reserved for candidates from various quotas. Of this, 30 percent were for freedom fighters' children and grandchildren, 10 percent for women, 10 percent for people of underdeveloped districts, five percent for members of indigenous communities and one percent for physically challenged people.

Same goes for education. There are only freedom fighter, physically challenged and tribal quota in our educational institutions, mostly in higher education level like university. Medical exam has district quota and all the educational institutions inside military area has quota for the children of military personals. Notre Dame and probably other educational institutes backed by Christian community have quota for Christian students. And DU has quota for Dalit community. There's some one-two other quotas like ward, athletic.

So tell us where did you find the imaginary quota for Hindus and enlighten us elaborately with proof that Hasina favors Hindus in senior positions, especially in public law enforcement with all the "wealth perquisites". I mean you know everything for "50 years" and your "education level far exceeds that of uneducated chowkidar types", so you must know something the Chowkidars don't know, right? Is it a crime now for get more jobs indiscriminately?

1618438945473.png

I still feel that there are sections of Indian Muslims (talented ones like @jamahir bhai) deserve a place in our soil (or in Pakistan). We must give them a preference to migrate to our country compared to Indian Muslims who publicly show their allegiance to India.

This is an opportunity to fill our talent ranks with some Indian Muslims who deserve a better lot - than they are getting in India.

Better focus on improving our own education system, creating more jobs for our people to stop the brilliant-intelligent ones to seek job in other countries and repatriating your Bihari brothers and Rohingya ingrates from Bangladesh instead of dragging more troubles inside Bangladesh.

If you are so concerned about Indian Muslims then how about you do them a favor starting with @jamahir. Start sponsoring them for their visa and citizenship in USA, let them live in your house. Did @jamahir or any Indian Muslim ask you to do this? Why do you keep dragging him everywhere like this as if he is in some pitiful state and embarrass him? No matter how much you cry in PDF, it won't happen. Your cry don't reach to anyone and never will.

@jamahir i have no problem with you but my country and people always come first. BD is already burdened with two refugee groups. So no sane mind can support to shelter any Indian Muslim in BD even if they are talented. BTW what do you do actually? Why some moron want to shelter you in BD so much?

Bakwas Karne se pehle post padh liya Karo.

OMG!! Indian cultural aggression?! :o: How does Billy boy love such aggression? :o::hitwall:

Last edited:
Peddling more lies at the beginning of Ramadan? There was no quota for any religious minorities except tribal people in govt job ever. After the quota reform movement, there is no quota in recruitment in 1st and 2nd class post (9th to 13th grade) at present. Recruitment at all government departments, autonomous or semi-autonomous institutions, and various corporations will be based solely on merit from now on.

Until the abolition, about 56 percent of government jobs had been reserved for candidates from various quotas. Of this, 30 percent were for freedom fighters' children and grandchildren, 10 percent for women, 10 percent for people of underdeveloped districts, five percent for members of indigenous communities and one percent for physically challenged people.

Same goes for education. There are only freedom fighter, physically challenged and tribal quota in our educational institutions, mostly in higher education level like university. Medical exam has district quota and all the educational institutions inside military area has quota for the children of military personals. Notre Dame and probably other educational institutes backed by Christian community have quota for Christian students. And DU has quota for Dalit community. There's some one-two other quotas like ward, athletic.

So tell us where did you find the imaginary quota for Hindus and enlighten us elaborately with proof that Hasina favors Hindus in senior positions, especially in public law enforcement with all the "wealth perquisites". I mean you know everything for "50 years" and your "education level far exceeds that of uneducated chowkidar types", so you must know something the Chowkidars don't know, right? Is it a crime now for get more jobs indiscriminately?

@Bengal71 looks like it's too hard to hide the tail.

View attachment 734166

It is true there is no quota for Hindus but @Bilal9's comments about Hindu recruitment is correct.

You see I am a pure Bengali nationalist which means I don't give a f%^&k about AL, BPN or Jamat. I also don't give a F*^&k about Pakistan or India or any other country for that matter. I only care about the interest of BD alone. That automatically means I must give credit where it's due and I must criticize where criticism is due and I must see and identify things for what actually they are. With the present AL government, they have done a lot of good things for the country, at the same time they have adopted some very bad policies.

AL (mainly the present day AL) as part of their secular leaning think they have a fortress of supporters among the Hindus and they are right. Because BNP-Jamat have a more Islamic leaning, Hindus feel more secure with AL. As part of AL's current policy of staying in power by vote rigging, they must ensure extreme loyalty within the administration, bureaucracy and the military. As a result they have pursued a deliberate policy of filling up important roles with Hindus from whom they would get loyalty ad unrelenting support and ability to control any attemp to overthrow the illegal government. The same is also true for BCL, they have many of their senior leadership as Hindus and it's not by accident but by design. Today or tomorrow this policy I suspect will backfire, it will have a heavy toll on the secular, liberal and tolerant nature of our people. Muslims will eventually become fed up and perhaps do undesirable things.

It is true there is no quota for Hindus but @Bilal9's comments about Hindu recruitment is correct.

You see I am a pure Bengali nationalist which means I don't give a f%^&k about AL, BPN or Jamat. I also don't give a F*^&k about Pakistan or India or any other country for that matter. I only care about the interest of BD alone. That automatically means I must give credit where it's due and I must criticize where criticism is due and I must see and identify things for what actually they are. With the present AL government, they have done a lot of good things for the country, at the same time they have adopted some very bad policies.

AL (mainly the present day AL) as part of their secular leaning think they have a fortress of supporters among the Hindus and they are right. Because BNP-Jamat have a more Islamic leaning, Hindus feel more secure with AL. As part of AL's current policy of staying in power by vote rigging, they must ensure extreme loyalty within the administration, bureaucracy and the military. As a result they have pursued a deliberate policy of filling up important roles with Hindus from whom they would get loyalty ad unrelenting support and ability to control any attemp to overthrow the illegal government. The same is also true for BCL, they have many of their senior leadership as Hindus and it's not by accident but by design. Today or tomorrow this policy I suspect will backfire, it will have a heavy toll on the secular, liberal and tolerant nature of our people. Muslims will eventually become fed up and perhaps do undesirable things.

Absolutely correct. Even if the hindus of Bangladesh are not 5th columnists, disproportionate and completely undeserved overrepresentation in BD public sector needs an immediate correction.

BAL has supplanted democracy and filled levers of power with their supporters and their supporters alone. This is a complete dereliction of duty and is harming the nation.

@Bengal71 looks like it's too hard to hide the tail.

View attachment 734166

Better focus on improving our own education system, creating more jobs for our people to stop the brilliant-intelligent ones to seek job in other countries and repatriating your Bihari brothers and Rohingya ingrates from Bangladesh instead of dragging more troubles inside Bangladesh.

If you are so concerned about Indian Muslims then how about you do them a favor starting with @jamahir. Start sponsoring them for their visa and citizenship in USA, let them live in your house. Did @jamahir or any Indian Muslim ask you to do this? Why do you keep dragging him everywhere like this as if he is in some pitiful state and embarrass him? No matter how much you cry in PDF, it won't happen. Your cry don't reach to anyone and never will.

@jamahir i have no problem with you but my country and people always come first. BD is already burdened with two refugee groups. So no sane mind can support to shelter any Indian Muslim in BD even if they are talented. BTW what do you do actually? Why some moron want to shelter you in BD so much?

OMG!! Indian cultural aggression?! :o: How does Billy boy love such aggression? :o::hitwall:

Are you seriously telling us we do not have a growing problem with hindu overrepresentation in the BAL administration? You can not keep a straight face and say this or be so blind to the patently obvious.

@Bilal9's comments about Hindu recruitment is correct.

Meh, too hard to believe without any factual proof. Anybody can say anything but it's not wise to believe in BD's case when we see people trying create division. Like i said if people can secure their position with their work and talent then what's the problem here?

Meh, too hard to believe without any factual proof. Anybody can say anything but it's not wise to believe in BD's case when we see people trying create division. Like i said if people can secure their position with their work and talent then what's the problem here?

Problem is Muslims in BD are not behind in education or qualifications than Hinuds. That should mean that percent of religious groups in jobs should be commensurate with their percent numbers in population. If there are a disproportionately high number of Hindus in government jobs compared to their percentage number in polulation and other religious groups are not lagging in education and qualification, then it points towards a deliberate policy of favoring one against the other. It is injustice.

Bangladesh is perhaps the only country in the neighbourhood today that has excellent relations with India
Finally and Indian Journal that doesn't report half-truths or fake news.

Maybe Motu wants to increase vote share of his party in upcoming elections.

Every time they have used cheap tactics to win elections, it backfired on them like the
Galwan clash where they lost land and men (as a result of revoking art 370).Not to mention Balakot humuliation. Now they have antagonised China and opened another front that was relatively quiet in last 25 years . Good luck. Was it really worth it ? They would have won the election anyway.
probably… All India's courage is shown only in South Asia.
All reactionaries are paper tigers

Last edited:
Mullah @DalalErMaNodi bhai, eibar biar dawat na khaia zamu na ! Andolon hoibo , ki kon @Bilal9 bhai and Mullah @Michael Corleone bhai:omghaha:
Tottabodhayok kazi lagbe? Lagle Ami at @DalalErMaNodi achi shobai ekta ekta biya poraya dibo 🤣

@Bilal9 bhai apnakeo ekta koraya dei? Bhabhi ke razi Koran 😂😂😂

Ami monohoi ekhane comment kori nai age so thread caption pore reply dilam: why would bengalidesh is go to india to eat when all they eat is rats

None at all if its by merit. Are you seriously it is thus?

None at all if its by merit. Are you seriously it is thus?

I don't know why i am talking about it but everyone who is familiar local education and job sector knows this.

If we are talking about recruitment through BCS then yes. (few big post are contract based). BCS is the hardest exam in BD IMO. Harder than DU, BUET (some other public universities) and medical admission. You gotta be a dedicated, hard-working good student to be a BCS cadre. You gotta study hard and you will need luck too to pass the written and viva.

To put it simply, BCS is a war. Admission exams in public universities and medical is just a trial before it. And every public universities, job sector has exam even for a simple office assistant. So anyone who pass the exams, do it with their own effort. Not only that Hindus are doing well in private sector too (not talking about garments or NGO).

And in work, bribery, politics and flattery matters besides your performance (some sector). Specially it's hard to last long with honesty cause everyone gets a part of bribe money. And for promotion, performance and seniority comes first.

But i never heard of Hindus getting favor in "senior positions specially in law enforcement" cause everyone is looking after their own interest, If there really was this kind of case we would've seen protest like "Quota Reform Movement" from govt employees. Let the racist "বিদ্যার জাহাজ" tell us where did he see such favoritism for Hindus in "senior positions, specially in law enforcement".

Indians have superpower minds. Nothing can ever break the Indian illusion that they are a superpower and people all over it's neighborhood are clamoring to get a share of their superpower riches. You can show them hunger index, open sky pooping index, rape index and whatever other index but nothing can break into a hindu's superpower mind. :)

Well Bangladesh and China don't share any common history...Bangladeshis in general are as indifferent to what happens to muslims in China as they are towards Somalia...On the other hand India,Pakistan and Bangladesh have had some degree of relevance in each other's internal politics since the inception of our countries. We are not like other countries of the world that treat their neighbors as neighbors. We have been and will continue to treat each other like we live under the same roof. Pakistan and Bangladesh will keep blaming India for a lot of their woes and India will keep blaming Bangladesh and Pakistan for its woes. Bangladeshis and Pakistanis commenting on Muslims in India or Indians commenting Hindus in Bangladesh and Pakistan are not a reflection of the Muslim Ummah or Hindu brotherhood but of our common history.
What a dangerously sensible post!

I don't know why i am talking about it but everyone who is familiar local education and job sector knows this.

If we are talking about recruitment through BCS then yes. (few big post are contract based). BCS is the hardest exam in BD IMO. Harder than DU, BUET (some other public universities) and medical admission. You gotta be a dedicated, hard-working good student to be a BCS cadre. You gotta study hard and you will need luck too to pass the written and viva.

To put it simply, BCS is a war. Admission exams in public universities and medical is just a trial before it. And every public universities, job sector has exam even for a simple office assistant. So anyone who pass the exams, do it with their own effort. Not only that Hindus are doing well in private sector too (not talking about garments or NGO).

And in work, bribery, politics and flattery matters besides your performance (some sector). Specially it's hard to last long with honesty cause everyone gets a part of bribe money. And for promotion, performance and seniority comes first.

But i never heard of Hindus getting favor in "senior positions specially in law enforcement" cause everyone is looking after their own interest, If there really was this kind of case we would've seen protest like "Quota Reform Movement" from govt employees. Let the racist "বিদ্যার জাহাজ" tell us where did he see such favoritism for Hindus in "senior positions, specially in law enforcement".

Dude I might have grown up abroad for overwhelming majority of my life but it is because my Father was a diplomat first for pakistan and then for Bangladesh.

My comment is not anecdotal but a reality from basicly the BD diplomatic and political circles whose second home is north west london. I grew up with the sheikh rehanas family and Ziaur Rahmans brothers family. My wider BD social circle remains the same.

Patronisation of Hindu minority is a reality of the current regime to create a favorable and capture long term the levers of power. It is a deliberate and a dangerous policy and is an issue that often comes up and is talked about.

You may have a different view from the ground and perhaps I am wrong. I do not have any problem with minority succeeding through merit, that is how it should be, best person for the job. But from what i hear that is not the case.

As mb444 mentioned, the evidence is anecdotal at the moment. I don't know if there is any data publicly available that will show Bangladesh civil servants and members of the Police by their religion. Most likely there won't be any for obvious privacy reasons. But if you have relatives in the Police, ask them, they can attest that there is a growing representation of Hindus in Bangladesh Police and civil services in recent years. Especially in Police, those with connections or are active AL politics through BCL, BJL, and the lots. Typically many Hindus in Bangladesh are actively involved in BAL politics. A loyal law enforcement agency is a must for any autocratic government. Again, it is anecdotal evidence.

As for why there aren't protests? It is because for one it hasn't yet reached a critical point where the people's perception match reality. And secondly, there is no explicit "official quota" in place. There is an illusion of merit and fairness. But in reality, the loyalists have a sure shot placement.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom