What's new

By-Poll Results: Worries for BJP in UP, Gujarat, States it Swept Four Months Ago

T90TankGuy

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
By-Poll Results: Worries for BJP in UP, Gujarat, States it Swept Four Months Ago
  1. In Uttar Pradesh, the Samajwadi Party has won six of the 11 assembly seats for which by-elections were held; the party is also leading in three. Ten of those were held by the BJP, vacated by legislators who became MPs as the party virtually swept the state in national elections four months ago. (A Mulayam Jolt for BJP in Early Trends in UP)
  2. By-elections were also held for one Lok Sabha seat - Mainpuri, vacated by Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav. The party looks set to retain Mainpuri, where Mulayam Singh's grand-nephew Tej Pratap Singh Yadav, 26, makes his political debut.
  3. In Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi's state, the BJP's perfect score of 26-0 in the May national elections remains unblemished with it's candidate winning Vadodara, the one Lok Sabha seat where by-elections were held after Mr Modi vacated it choosing to keep Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh as his parliamentary constituency.
  4. But the Congress, flattened in the state four months ago, has wrested from the BJP three of the nine seats it had vacated, necessitating by-elections.
  5. And in Rajasthan, another state that the BJP swept in both the national elections and in state elections a few months before that, the Congress has won three of the four assembly seats. Here too the BJP had held all four; it managed to win Kota South. "We have won 3 of the 4 seats. The BJP should take a lesson from these elections and introspect," said Rajasthan Congress chief Sachin Pilot. (Congress May Make a Comeback in Vasundhara Raje's Rajasthan)
  6. The third Lok Sabha constituency where by-elections were held is Medak in Telangana, India's newest state. The seat was vacated by Telangana Rashtra Samithi Chief K Chandrasekhar Rao after he became the state's first Chief Minister. His party is leading.
  7. By-elections were also held last Saturday to two assembly seats in West Bengal, five in Northeastern states and one each in Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh. The Chhattisgarh result will be declared later. (Early Trends Indicate Gains for AIUDF in Assam)
  8. It was a shot in the arm for BJP in West Bengal where it won Basirhat Dakshin (South) seat. The ruling Trinamool Congress won from Chowranghee in Kolkata. In Andhra Pradesh, BJP ally TDP has won the seat it had held. (BJP Makes Debut in Mamata Banerjee's West Bengal)
  9. Mr Modi's BJP had won a spectacular mandate to take power at the Centre in the national elections this year. But in by-elections held in August to 21 seats in key states like Bihar, Uttarakhand, Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh, but it performed much below expectation.
  10. For the BJP, today's results also test its strategy for Assembly elections in two important states next month - Maharashtra and Haryana. In both it hopes to extend big wins in the national elections to the assembly polls.

People got wiser. False promises won't work. Communal Agenda got exposed too.

Next time people will vote secular parties and Muslim vote won't split.

By poll results are often misleading. For example TDP lost 41/41 seats in by polls/elections between 2009 and 2014 but then everyone knows what happened in 2014. Similarly BJP lost by poll election in 2012 and 2013 in almost everywhere like in HP, Uttrakhand etc.
In UP results would have been exactly opposite of BSP too would have contested as without them all opposition votes consolidated in favour of SP not to forget Muslims.

I was wondering which Sikular will be the first to post :lol: .......... now we know. It will be more interesting to see some of the more "secular" folks crawl out of their holes to celebrate :P

I was wondering which Sikular will be the first to post :lol: .......... now we know. It will be more interesting to see some of the more "secular" folks crawl out of their holes to celebrate :P

That's a bit like asking which "bigot " will come running with the excuses :lol:. I'm glad with the results in U.P. (even if by-elections are irrelevant mostly) for the simple reason that the BJP ran an absolutely idiotic campaign with Yogi Adityanath as its face. Love Jihad? Seriously? That's all the BJP had to offer. Many (including me) voted for the BJP because we hoped for better governance & were delighted that the government got a complete majority on its own. We can hardly be expected to cheer a campaign like the one run by the BJP in UP. Hopefully, they will learn from this & look at development. Reasonably sure that you will have a different & probably opposite take on what they should do - go even more nutty, I assume. Modi was a correct person at the right time, with the correct message. To assume that his victory means open season for all the nutters to do their thing is, in my view, plain stupid. Going "sikular, sikular" won't change anything.

secular pigs will never come to power in many years to come, i m a voter too
5 years max for BJP. Even the media is criticizing and exposing BJP from day one. Congress is on revival. Besides Muslim voters will increase tremendously after next 5 years.

Now you can beleive whatever you want.

That's a bit like asking which "bigot " will come running with the excuses :lol:. I'm glad with the results in U.P. (even if by-elections are irrelevant mostly) for the simple reason that the BJP ran an absolutely idiotic campaign with Yogi Adityanath as its face. Love Jihad? Seriously? That's all the BJP had to offer. Many (including me) voted for the BJP because we hoped for better governance & were delighted that the government got a complete majority on its own. We can hardly be expected to cheer a campaign like the one run by the BJP in UP. Hopefully, they will learn from this & look at development. Reasonably sure that you will have a different & probably opposite take on what they should do - go even more nutty, I assume. Modi was a correct person at the right time, with the correct message. To assume that his victory means open season for all the nutters to do their thing is, in my view, plain stupid. Going "sikular, sikular" won't change anything.

Caste polarization in UP can only be countered by religious polarization. It was the VERY SAME polarization which led to Modi getting a majority earlier. That in the background and development in the front.

But in this case it might be voter fatigue with issues raised in UP.

Development does not sell in UP assembly polls. There its only caste equations that matter. Either that or religious polarization.

Your wishful thinking is not how the real world operations :lol: ....... but feel free to be prejudiced and have an holier than thou attitude if that is what it takes to keep your sanity.

Its is quite narrow minded to "label" people with a different opinion as a "nutter" LOL...... what it really shows is narrow minded bigotry that is unwilling to accept anyone else's view point except your own. Much like islamic fundoos if you think about it.

Claiming to be 'not sikular" will not change anything either.

BJP UP got its back-end strategy right. It needs better presentation which is the undefined "development". After all who doesn't love chasing a dream.

By poll results are often misleading. For example TDP lost 41/41 seats in by polls/elections between 2009 and 2014 but then everyone knows what happened in 2014. Similarly BJP lost by poll election in 2012 and 2013 in almost everywhere like in HP, Uttrakhand etc.
In UP results would have been exactly opposite of BSP too would have contested as without them all opposition votes consolidated in favour of SP not to forget Muslims.

The BJP was brought in with a simple requirement- build roads and bring back the economy. If they had stuck to that, they'd have done better instead they go an Love Jihad and Hindi promotion Manch and whatnot. You wanna know what the people of Delhi feel about the BJP? WHy the BJP is not calling for elections there? Coz BJP is gonna lose their big time.

What it had to do with sickulars?? ....
Overconfidence,disdain,arrogance + communal dimwits like yogi adithyanath......

Caste polarization in UP can only be countered by religious polarization. It was the VERY SAME polarization which led to Modi getting a majority earlier. That in the background and development in the front.

But in this case it might be voter fatigue with issues raised in UP.

Development does not sell in UP assembly polls. There its only caste equations that matter. Either that or religious polarization.

Your wishful thinking is not how the real world operations :lol: ....... but feel free to be prejudiced and have an holier than thou attitude if that is what it takes to keep your sanity.

Its is quite narrow minded to "label" people with a different opinion as a "nutter" LOL...... what it really shows is narrow minded bigotry that is unwilling to accept anyone else's view point except your own. Much like islamic fundoos if you think about it.

Claiming to be 'not sikular" will not change anything either.

I don't claim not to be a supporter of secularism, never supported anything else. As I said, ideas like religious polarisation are subject to the law of diminishing returns & here was proof (what you called voter fatigue). I didn't say whether or not development would have sold in the UP polls but what is clear now is that the BJP's attempt at communalising the elections won't have an easy run. You are right about caste polarisation but the mandate in the general elections (in UP)was a mix of religious polarisation & hope. Remove hope & you get the results like you did. The BJP would have been better off running a campaign on development even if they lost. Now they look like a bunch of sorry bigots who had to eat humble pie. Making it all about "love jihad" meant what actually?, did the elections results mean that people are okay with that? That's why this was stupid. If you hear laughter amiong the BJP's opponents, it shouldn't surprise anyone.

Getting a sermon from you on narrow mindedness is hilarious, you are a shining example of being nothing but that. I confess to being selectively narrow minded with nutters, feel free to add yourself to that list. The "Islamic fundoos" can happily give you company. Talk about wishful thinking, it's guys like you who over-read the mandate got by Modi to suggest that the country would be open to these loony ideas. Not very different from the Islamic loonies that you talk so much about.

Last edited:
In UP election, Modi's agenda and Now BJP agenda differs widely .. it was hatred,social tension and communual Riots in latter.

Modi stood for Development , He Won. but all these RSS thugs gonna lose again and again.

If Modi stand again , people vote again for him whole heartdly . But No for agenda of fear that Yogi adityanath like goons spreading.

People got wiser. False promises won't work. Communal Agenda got exposed too.
Next time people will vote secular parties and Muslim vote won't split.

Brother.. Can you Define the Term Secular ?
And Keep in Mind it was BJP which delivered the Best ( Muslim ) President of India - APJ Kalam.

Latest News: Mainpuri seat is won by Tej Pratap Singh Yadav , grand nephew of Mulayam by over 3 lakh votes.

if the polarisation worked in lok sabha in western UP why didn't it had an impact now ? ,development was the factor and directly spoken from the leadership as well,here the leadership was with yogi adityanath all he was spouting was bs ,also all the seats contested were of bjp they had their local anti incumbency, with no BSP their was no division of votes hence the results.

The BJP was brought in with a simple requirement- build roads and bring back the economy. If they had stuck to that, they'd have done better instead they go an Love Jihad and Hindi promotion Manch and whatnot. You wanna know what the people of Delhi feel about the BJP? WHy the BJP is not calling for elections there? Coz BJP is gonna lose their big time.
and congress gonna win macha?

Back
Top Bottom