What's new

BVRAAMs of PAF

That s why PAF should go with Vixen AESA radars with a range of 300+ km will enable it to target enemy A/C with BVRAAMs with considerable range.

From what I could find about Vixen-1000ES is that it can detect a 1 sqm target at 150km i.e. 224 km for a 5 sqm target.
But it's main specialty is its Wide Field of View (WFoV) radar coverage i.e. 100 degrees off the center of view i.e. a 200 degrees WFoV coverage. This is vital in providing mid flight updates to launched BVR missiles even after turning 90 degrees to the original launch path.

But if you have a source that specifies a 300+ km range for 5 sqm target then please kindly share it.

Thank you.

PL12 & PL15 are good and will come. What I'm interested in is Chinese high off bore sight missiles. When will they come?

With AESA i guess ..

Mirage 3 rose could have carried them

And they can be integrated into JF-17, just no need to as SD-10 is fairly adequate
Id trust the project director of JF-17 more than you

any Idea about Brazilian and South African BVR's ? can they be integrated in JF ?

I hope that we get best of gadgets available ASAP but why dont we focus on indigenous research. We should focus on indigenous RADAR. As, it is the first step towards many other high-end defense machines like Fifth gen fighters and long rang AAMs.

Nice thread, what about air to ground missiles in PAF inventory ?

Nice thread, what about air to ground missiles in PAF inventory ?
That field is quite established for PAF. It is the BVRAAMs and advanced RADARs which we need the most at present. RADAR because, I think having a high-end Radars is one-third part of the path leading towards 5th gen fighters. It also consolidates air-defence.

That field is quite established for PAF. It is the BVRAAMs and advanced RADARs which we need the most at present. RADAR because, I think having a high-end Radars is one-third part of the path leading towards 5th gen fighters. It also consolidates air-defence.

I know that field is well established was asking anyone to list the air to ground missiles !!

aim120 and sd10 seem sufficient. meteor is not needed in our scenario, even when not considering its extremely high cost.

would like to see the aim120d if we can get our hands on some and the aim9x as well as the pl-10. don't know how much israeli genes are left in the pl-10 and when china can spare some from its own production.

Back
Top Bottom