What's new

Buying a gaming PC

One could consider cutting costs on all non super essentials too..recycle PSU and drives, RAM if you're not a generation behind, forget/save on a case.. do an open build (good for thermals) on a cardboard of whyatever non conductive material.. shelf or desk maybe ?

just make sure you don't spill you chai/drink on it and keep safe from pets and kids etc.

I used to have an open setup, never got a case for it because it looked so nerdy and technical :P

npsmll.JPG

^early iteration, I cleaned it up quite a bit and put some small props there (little robots etc) .. looked pretty good

this is the new one (it is an old pic, lots been added since, AIO
+ 2 more sticks of memory)

IMG_20191214_165935_BURST8.jpg

Hey guys so I had gaming PC some while back but I sold it.
And now I am looking to buy one again in Pakistan but a affordable one and Warzone,CS GO,War Thunder,Valorant were my go to games.
Advice needed.
What is your budget? and more importantly where are you from in Pakistan? If you are in Lahore i can help you out.

One could consider cutting costs on all non super essentials too..recycle PSU and drives, RAM if you're not a generation behind, forget/save on a case.. do an open build (good for thermals) on a cardboard of whyatever non conductive material.. shelf or desk maybe ?

just make sure you don't spill you chai/drink on it and keep safe from pets and kids etc.

I used to have an open setup, never got a case for it because it looked so nerdy and technical :P

View attachment 880520

^early iteration, I cleaned it up quite a bit and put some small props there (little robots etc) .. looked pretty good

View attachment 880525
Old parts can be sold. I sold an dusty i5 6th gen HP desktop that was not used for the last 2 years, with just a 2GB card for 20K when I bought my new PC.

And now I am looking to buy one again in Pakistan but a affordable one and Warzone,CS GO,War Thunder,Valorant were my go to games.
Advice needed.
What about a ready-made one? I mean, I've never touched a computer in my life (exaggeration, but still) and if I build it myself, there's a chance I'll break something. You're quite knowledgeable about the PC scene, so please assist me in making a decision, papi.

What about a ready-made one? I mean, I've never touched a computer in my life (exaggeration, but still) and if I build it myself, there's a chance I'll break something. You're quite knowledgeable about the PC scene, so please assist me in making a decision, papi.
No need to build it yourself contact a reliable and honest PC builder and give the job to him.

No need to build it yourself contact a reliable and honest PC builder and give the job to him.
And don't fall for scams.

View attachment 880520

View attachment 880525
Specifically, it suggests reusing components such as the power supply unit and drives, as well as RAM if it's not significantly outdated. It also suggests forgoing a case or opting for a less expensive one, and instead doing an "open build" on a non-conductive surface like cardboard or a shelf/desk. This can be beneficial for thermals, or how cool the computer runs, as it allows for better airflow.

Specifically, it suggests reusing components such as the power supply unit and drives, as well as RAM if it's not significantly outdated. It also suggests forgoing a case or opting for a less expensive one, and instead doing an "open build" on a non-conductive surface like cardboard or a shelf/desk. This can be beneficial for thermals, or how cool the computer runs, as it allows for better airflow.
its not ideal, looked pretty cool but

a decent airflow proper case would be much preferred generally

but that's all I had to work with at the time, and it suited me

1. Keep this sum.
2. Sell your laptop.

Then see if you can buy HP Victus 15 FA0031DX laptop.

If not then build budget for it.

Problem solved.
Terrible advice IMO. Laptops are shit for gaming, it will overheat and it will be very difficult to upgrade and repair the one you linked has a GTX 1650 GPU... no bueno
Advice needed.
I'd say get an 6500XT GPU, it's the cheapest available that can be of any use. get the cheapest Ryzen processor you can find and any RAM you can afford you can upgrade later.

So get the cheapest everything but don't cut costs on the mainboard and PSU, you will regret it.

Terrible advice IMO. Laptops are shit for gaming, it will overheat and it will be very difficult to upgrade and repair the one you linked has a GTX 1650 GPU... no bueno

I'd say get an 6500XT GPU, it's the cheapest available that can be of any use. get the cheapest Ryzen processor you can find and any RAM you can afford you can upgrade later.

So get the cheapest everything but don't cut costs on the mainboard and PSU, you will regret it.
While some laptops may overheat during extended gaming sessions, there are many high-end gaming laptops that are built to handle intense gaming and cooling. Furthermore, gaming laptops provide portability and convenience that desktop computers may not.

The laptop with a GTX 1650 GPU may not have the most powerful graphics card on the market, but it is capable of handling many modern games with reasonable performance. However, laptops can be more difficult to upgrade and repair than desktops, so when deciding between the two, consider your needs and preferences.

View attachment 880520

+ 2 more sticks of memory). You may enjoy fallout 3 console commands please check them too.

View attachment 880525
Thank you for sharing your experience with open builds! Cutting costs on non-super essentials is a great way to save money while still achieving a functional and efficient setup. Recyclable parts such as PSUs and drives, and even RAM if not too outdated, can be reused to build a budget-friendly rig. Open builds are also excellent for thermals and can be constructed from a variety of non-conductive materials like cardboard or wood. While open builds may not have the same polished appearance as traditional cases, they offer a unique aesthetic that is appreciated by many enthusiasts. Just remember to keep your setup safe from spills, pets, and children. Overall, building a budget-friendly and functional rig is a great way to get started in the world of PC building.

Back
Top Bottom