What's new

Buy F-16s to avoid sanctions post-Russia deal, US tells India

The better way to stop India from buying S-400 is to threat them sale of THAAD & PAC-3MSE to Pakistan along with release of funds and equipment on hold with possible sale of 18 F-16-B70 and used F-16s to Pakistan. It will work.

You are free to buy the Patriot and THAAD from the US. The question is whether the US will offer it.

The US offered THAAD and Patriot to India because we are already developing equivalents. So it's pretty common for others to offer the same stuff we are developing.

You are free to buy the Patriot and THAAD from the US. The question is whether the US will offer it.

The US offered THAAD and Patriot to India because we are already developing equivalents. So it's pretty common for others to offer the same stuff we are developing.

You just didn't get the point.

The Japanese do not want the F-22 with F-35 avionics since it's outdated.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/japan-wont-build-super-f-22-or-new-f-15-after-all-33781

Nowhere does it say Japan has rejected the F-22/F-35 offer. F-22 avionics are outdated. F-22 Airframe with F-35 Avionics would not be outdated. The main issue is the price.

No, it's still active. We never left, but we haven't made a decision either, so work on FGFA has stopped since mid 2013.

We are waiting for PAK FA to mature and the definitive engine to start flying before we make a decision on FGFA. We basically want the Russians to commit to their own program first, before we pony up the monies. It obviously doesn't make sense for us to buy FGFA in triple digits when the Russians themselves are yet to order any.

India has pulled out. Whether is it would join after the new engine improves the performance depends on the US offer on F-22/F-35 hybrid.

The IAF is not interested in any American jet, neither the F-22/F-35 hybrid, nor the F-35. Both jets do not suite our environment since they do not have enough range. And of course, by the time we get these jets, they will be outdated, so our only way forward is a development program.

Only the PCA could interest us. But the Americans won't be offering that.

PCA is a paper plane. It is still in requirements/design phase.

That problem will remain with any fighter the Indians buy from the Yanks. The Yanks have no way out of this other than bullying India out of the S-400 deal.

LOL the Indians would be crazy to buy any F-16 configuration. What an incredible dillema for the USA. This is fascinating.
The problem is not f16..its hands down the best fighter in its class ib V configuration and is actually the only affordable option too. I would have brought it rather than rafale..problem is USA Unpredictable politics..

india could have easily brought 120 fighters for 10 billion dollars rather than getting just 2 sq of Rafale for 8 billion along with some production rights

The better way to stop India from buying S-400 is to threat them sale of THAAD & PAC-3MSE to Pakistan along with release of funds and equipment on hold with possible sale of 18 F-16-B70 and used F-16s to Pakistan. It will work.

India may counter that by offering to buy THAAD from US too.:D

You just didn't get the point.

My point is you can't do anything to stop the S-400 deal. Any threatening action from the US will only make our S-400 choice more secure.

Even this plan to blackmail us with F-16s for waiver will fail miserably.

Nowhere does it say Japan has rejected the F-22/F-35 offer. F-22 avionics are outdated. F-22 Airframe with F-35 Avionics would not be outdated. The main issue is the price.

By the time the F-22/F-35 hybrid is made, it will be outdated. You will see what I'm talking about in the next few years.

India has pulled out.

Nope. You will see this pretty soon. Right now the focus is on our other programs. Once that's taken off, you will see the IAF themselves insisting on the FGFA.

Whether is it would join after the new engine improves the performance depends on the US offer on F-22/F-35 hybrid.

Even the Japanese are not sure if the US will allow its exports.

PCA is a paper plane. It is still in requirements/design phase.

The PCA is expected to get IOC in 2028.

The problem is not f16..its hands down the best fighter in its class ib V configuration and is actually the only affordable option too. I would have brought it rather than rafale..problem is USA Unpredictable politics..

india could have easily brought 120 fighters for 10 billion dollars rather than getting just 2 sq of Rafale for 8 billion along with some production rights

There's no point buying something that doesn't meet requirements. If the F-16 couldn't make the MMRCA shortlist, there was no point going for it anyway. And the MMRCA requirements are not complex to meet.

• F-22/F-35 hybrid for Indian Airforce
  • F-35C & F-35B for Indian Navy
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Rafale lene pe lene k dene padey hien aor baat kertey hien F-35 or F-22 ki....

Oonchi Oonchi batyen kertey hien aor beek maang kr khatay hien lolsss:lol:

By the time the F-22/F-35 hybrid is made, it will be outdated. You will see what I'm talking about in the next few years.

It would be the most capable fighter in the world when it is ready in few years. Do you think USAF are fools to plan to induct an obsolete fighter? :hitwall:

The PCA is expected to get IOC in 2028.

They are still finalizing the requirements and this would be new design & air frame altogether.

Nope. You will see this pretty soon. Right now the focus is on our other programs. Once that's taken off, you will see the IAF themselves insisting on the FGFA.

India withdraws from FGFA project, leaving Russia to go it alone

https://www.janes.com/article/79457/india-withdraws-from-fgfa-project-leaving-russia-to-go-it-alone

Even the Japanese are not sure if the US will allow its exports.

What? LM has already made the offer to the Japanese.

SUPA POWER 2012. "Counter weight to China". The "great" Indians.

Offered an outdated fighter jet, not even equivalent to its lesser nations like Turkey :omghaha:

Not goIng to happen.

India already committed to indict thejas.

Hahaha shows usa wants to turn india into next pakistan of 2000s..... Rely on USA take prdes . thank God we got rid of any Liverage USA had on us. I hope we never fall in that trap ever. Usa as a partner= Master in disguise.
Well I am not sure about your diplomacy and politicians but when It comes to India, I trust Indian diplomacy ( no matter which govt). You'll be surprised to see how our diplomats handle certain situations. Just sit and watch and if at all, LEARN!!!!

I believe they have more problems selling that to Pakistan than to stop India acquiring S-400 from Russia. Ain't It?

I doubt india has back bone to say otherwise on american dictation. I'll take ur advice and wait to watch. Im doubt india can surprise USA. Usa already thinks they own india as a client state against china.

This is just funny.
Back in the 20th century when pakistan was busy selling her soul to the West, we more often than not were defying America, and that was when the power disparity between India and America was far-far more in favour of the US than it is today.
So no, we won't be bullied into buying anything we have already rejected in the past.

Some production rights?
Firstly, the whole point of the MMRCA competition apart from empowering the IAF was to induce a local defence-industrial complex, so even if we did chose the F-16IN instead of Rafale we would still not be buying it off the shelf, and we would like we did with the French be vying for offsets with the Americans as well, hence 100+ fighters for just $10 billion would still not be happening.

Secondly, the offsets deal excluding the classified ones, are very diverse and will be extremely helpful for India's indigenous defence manufacturing.

Offsets:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

The Rafale offsets are also helping us with our own turbofan engine Kaveri(which has been cleared for a limited envelope flight test by Safran Aircraft Engines)which we'll be integrating with the Tejas.
downloadfile-4.jpg

We are playing the long game here, it may cost us more now but unlike "some countries" we don't intend to stay dependent on other nations for long.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom