What's new

Burmese cattle enter Bangladesh ahead of Qurbani

Riyad

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Rajnath Singh must be crying a river now. :(

Burmese cattle enter Bangladesh ahead of Qurbani

Huge Burmese cattle have been coming to Bangladesh with trawlers from Burma through Shapuri Dip corridor a head of Qurban (Eid-ul-Azah) by cattle traders, said Habi Ullah from Shapuri Dip.

‘’On August 19, in the morning, over 400 Burmese cattle were brought to Shapuri Dip, Bangladesh from Burma by trawlers. If the cows trading be continued till Eid- ul- Azah, it will be good for Bangladeshi people.’’

Bangladesh government get revenue from these cattle and collects Tk 500 as tax per head, said a source of BGB (Border Guard Bangladesh).

At present, Coming Burmese cattle is less than last year and no sheds to keep, no processing program for banking and custom to handle this cattle in Bangladesh, said Mohamed Shafi, a cattle trader from Teknaf.

Cattle trading is just started and we want all businessmen to join in the cattle business where Bangladesh will receive, said Teknaf custom super Humayun Kabir.

The central government of India issued an order to BSF (Border Security Force of India) to stop cattle smuggling to Bangladesh and should not be allowed to cross over to Bangladesh both in formal (export) and in informal (smuggling) ways on April, 2015. It causes beef price high in Bangladesh.

As a result, Bangladesh government has been trying to overcome the high price of beef and shortage of cows by importing cattle from Burma, said a local trader Kasim.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised, isn't Buddhism against animal sacrifice?

Its a basic demand and supply, we have the demand and money so if india won't supply then others will...simple as that....their lose. Bengal Meat is loving the fact, india has restricted cattle trade, now they are planning on a huge investment on their business. This has been the best news for the local industry, thank you india....

Why would Rajnath Singh be crying?

India has its right to do whatever it wants with its cattle. Bangladesh is free to import it from whoever it wants.

The objective was never to stop Bangladeshis from consuming beef....but to cater to religious sentiments and bovine welfare in India (the merits of which can be discussed in another thread).

If they want to import from Burma, that is fine. Please give Burma as much money you want in the process so they can keep arming themselves and dealing with the Rohingya in whichever way they feel like it.

Plus don't complain when Pakistan or other muslim country does business with Burma either.

Seriously Rajnath Singh has much more important matters to attend to than worry how Bangladesh is substituting its imports.

The only trade that matters with Bangladesh is heavily stacked in India's favour and according to many Bangladeshis here, SHW is an extension of RAW....and she looks comfortable in her seat....so why do you think India would care about Bangladeshi imports?

Why would Rajnath Singh be crying?

India has its right to do whatever it wants with its cattle. Bangladesh is free to import it from whoever it wants.

The objective was never to stop Bangladeshis from consuming beef....but to cater to religious sentiments and bovine welfare in India (the merits of which can be discussed in another thread).

If they want to import from Burma, that is fine. Please give Burma as much money you want in the process so they can keep arming themselves and dealing with the Rohingya in whichever way they feel like it.

Plus don't complain when Pakistan or other muslim country does business with Burma either.

Seriously Rajnath Singh has much more important matters to attend to than worry how Bangladesh is substituting its imports.

The only trade that matters with Bangladesh is heavily stacked in India's favour and according to many Bangladeshis here, SHW is an extension of RAW....and she looks comfortable in her seat....so why do you think India would care about Bangladeshi imports?

Everybody knows India export beef in disguise of Buffalo. ;)

BD should consider slaughtered beef from India though. Buffalo I mean.

as you r guys are saying Burma export onion to Pakistan and cow to BD
then they will increase the production and make money

Why Hindo in India only act as Hindos
I saw in gulf indian from higher cast consuming beef .

But Cow is considered mother by Hindos
I think now body eats their mothers meat .

Emphasis is on bold part.

Secondly who are eating Cow's meat is up to them to decide what is good for them and what is bad.

Religion is an individual affair.

In Pakistan Pork is banned as Pakistan is Islamic Republic .
India is a secular country and as per your own statement religion is an individual affair then why COW salughter and Exports are banned

Why Hindo in India only act as Hindos
I saw in gulf indian from higher cast consuming beef .
even i hv seen muslims in india consume pork too. So it is one's wish whether consume pork beef irrespective of their religion.

In Pakistan Pork is banned as Pakistan is Islamic Republic .
India is a secular country and as per your own statement religion is an individual affair then why COW salughter and Exports are banned
beef is not banned in northeast india and some other regions in india. It is banned in some states of india. Here in northeast pork beef is available. In assam pork has been always fav. Assam exports pork too to other northeast states.

But Cow is considerd mother by Hindos
I think now body eats their mothers meat .
maybe they don't consider themselves as hindus, or they could be atheist. There are different cultures in Hinduism. There are pure vegetarians, there are chiken, mutton , fish walas. There are some who eat everything leaving beef but consume pork like me,so u cannot say diz and that. Its basically depends upon the people.

Back
Top Bottom