What's new

Bulgaria mulls Turkey air space collaboration

Hakan

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Bulgaria mulls Turkey air space collaboration

Bulgaria, Turkey and Romania could possibly cooperate in the safeguarding of their collective air space, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev said on Tuesday, as Russian planes are more frequently flying near the country's borders.

According to Plevneliev, Bulgarian jets have been forced to intercept Russian surveillance flights more in the last year than in the previous 20 years.

"Every time a Russian plane encroaches on air space near our countries Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey each send planes to intercept it," Plevneliev said adding that "we wondered if we could be more effective if we joined together to protect our air space."

Bulgarian Defense minister Angel Naydenov has previously said that Russian military planes are flying more frequently near Bulgaria's borders for intelligence purposes.

Bulgaria mulls Turkey air space collaboration | General | Worldbulletin News
Bulgaria wary as Russia steps up military flights over Black Sea| Reuters
Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey should boost co-operation in air policing to meet Russian flights – President Plevneliev | The Sofia Globe

Last edited:
Russia only dares to pick on smaller countries like Bulgaria and Romania. Let's see how they fare against united front.

In the Caucasus it is the same. The coalition is Turkey, Georgia, Armenia versus Russia and Armenia there.

didn´t Bulgaria recently hand over its duty to control its airspace to Greece?

@atatwolf there is a small mistake in your post.

didn´t Bulgaria recently hand over its duty to control its airspace to Greece?

@atatwolf there is a small mistake in your post.
Perhaps they are looking to use everyone in the region. They may have also realized that Greece has a tight budget so perhaps they cant do all the patrolling alone.

Now this will be interesting. Will Russia's fast growing influence and bullying tactics in Eastern Europe force Eastern European nations to look towards Turkey, a nation once hated by many in eastern Europe due to its colonial past? If Turkey plays its cards right then it could gain a lot of influence in Eastern Europe.

i was actually quite surprised to see Bulgaria in such a collaboration. Despite Bulgaria being a nato member, I thought they were quite good with the Russians, at least so-so. What would you say, @flamer84 ? what's your opinion on Bulgaria, their stance against Russia and how effective such a collaboration would be?

First the gas pipeline agreement and now this. It seems they feel so lonely and seek for some collaboration BUT If bulgars wanna see a hand by their side in tough times they should stop acting like an ***. since they have joined EU they get cocky with their small size on some issues... They often make our export trucks wait at the bordergates without a proper reason.. I remember recently they tried to change of Turkish names of some places in bulgaria but then stepped back.. And there is also a big pressure on Turkish minority in there, they often get assaulted by rising nationalism and racism.. they must remember their place again then maybe they can get some protection/back up just like old times.

i was actually quite surprised to see Bulgaria in such a collaboration. Despite Bulgaria being a nato member, I thought they were quite good with the Russians, at least so-so. What would you say, @flamer84 ? what's your opinion on Bulgaria, their stance against Russia and how effective such a collaboration would be?

When it comes to the Russians i don't trust the Bulgarians and Greeks as far as i can throw them.Their current goverments may have their hearts in the right place but when shit hits the fan it will take only take a tiny spark and they could turn towards Russia,their populations are heavily pro russkies.

Honestly,i wouldn't want to have a common front with these two countries,i simply don't trust them.Turkey-yes but i see Serbia,Bulgaria,Greece as pro Russians behind their NATO/EU membership and aspirations.

As an example of how Bulgaria and Romania react in an anti-Russian aliance look at WW2.The bulgarians sent a token force on the Eastern Front while we sacrificed everything,having the 2nd number of troops right after Germany.Basically,Bulgarians are just for show,when push comes to shove,they won't fight against Russia.My 2 cents.

Last edited:
We cant trust Bulgaria,they would sell us out like they did many times in history,they are just like the greeks.

When it comes to the Russians i don't trust the Bulgarians and Greeks as far as i can throw them.Their current goverments may have their hearts in the right place but when shit hits the fan it will take only take a tiny spark and they could turn towards Russia,their populations are heavily pro russkies.

Honestly,i wouldn't want to have a common front with these two countries,i simply don't trust them.Turkey-yes but i see Serbia,Bulgaria,Greece as pro Russians behind their NATO/EU membership and aspirations.

As an example of how Bulgaria and Romania react in an anti-Russian aliance look at WW2.The bulgarians sent a token force on the Eastern Front while we sacrificed everything,having the 2nd number of troops right after Germany.Basically,Bulgarians are just for show,when push comes to shove,they won't fight against Russia.My 2 cents.
Are Romanians and Bulgarians also slavic? I know Serbs are and Greeks are ''orthodox brothers'' with Russians.

fvck bulgaria, we need to start defence cooperation with Ukraine at once. They will require a new navy, and we have shipbuilding capabilities. We need to get our shit together and resume MİLGEM project at once!
Thats what i thought but what are Romanians if not slavic?
google is your ally :)

also, take some hint from "Dacia" car brand ;)

Russia only dares to pick on smaller countries like Bulgaria and Romania. Let's see how they fare against united front.

In the Caucasus it is the same. The coalition is Turkey, Georgia, Armenia versus Russia and Armenia there.

The Russians won't risk confronting an active member-state of NATO. Doubly is said about Turkey, which its military machine is expanding largely, both technologically, strategically.

Thats what i thought but what are Romanians if not slavic?

Well...i'll give you Romanian official history and not to be biased,Hungarian official history.

1.Romanian variant-latinised Dacians (a Thracian branch which lived in Antiquity in today's Romania)

2.Hungarian variant-latinised Thracians which migrated from the Balkans in today's Romania during the 8th-11th century.

But,however you want to put it...basically latinised thracians....NO Slavs !

Back
Top Bottom