Is a bufferzone a good option?

• Yes

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
I just don't understand why Turks love war... especially unjustified wars , who the heck calls for burning the a whole nation ... what you think this is a video game??... you sound like you live in a cave..... you sound worse then Bin Laden...
lol, I don't hate you or anything, but if my self preservation requires your destruction i wouldn't hesitate. And if Asad's death can end the bloodshed between millions, it also looks like a fair deal.

And i didn't say "burn the nation" your country is in flames anyway.

lol, I don't hate you or anything, but if my self preservation requires your destruction i wouldn't hesitate. And if Asad's death can end the bloodshed between millions, it also looks like a fair deal.

And i didn't say "burn the nation" your country is in flames anyway.
Trust me the end of Alasad mean WWIII..... and the region will burn....
how you gonna end the Alasad.. by killing how many Syrians? because you killed 50k in Libya.... and destroyed the country... and now Libya is in chaos.... so again i suggest that Turkey just stay neutral and guard its borders well... and end all the smuggling routes...

Trust me the end of Alasad mean WWIII..... and the region will burn....
how you gonna end the Alasad.. by killing how many Syrians? because you killed 50k in Libya.... and destroyed the country... and now Libya is in chaos.... so again i suggest that Turkey just stay neutral and guard its borders well... and end all the smuggling routes...
Gaddafi's death didn't bring WWIII neither will Asad's. And please, we can just air-assasinate Asad it's all just a matter of good intel.

OR we can invade the whole place and disarm all Asad and FSA elements. This also requires some bombing and 50k looks like an optimistic estimate. Still better than few more years of civil war if you ask me. People might be dying right now as we speak.

We could also annex the country and establish military bases throught Israeli border :) that'd be pucking creepy :) unfortunately this doesn't look possible considering international community and current Turkish government's stances.

Gaddafi's death didn't bring WWIII neither will Asad's. And please, we can just air-assasinate Asad it's all just a matter of good intel.

OR we can invade the whole place and disarm all Asad and FSA elements. This also requires some bombing and 50k looks like an optimistic estimate. Still better than few more years of civil war if you ask me. People might be dying right now as we speak.

We could also annex the country and establish military bases throught Israeli border :) that'd be pucking creepy :) unfortunately this doesn't look possible considering international community and current Turkish government's stances.
lol Syria is different then Libya and Alasad is different from Gaddafi....
or what u can do is end your support to F"S"A and support peace and dialogue... which sounds better war or peace?

lol Syria is different then Libya and Alasad is different from Gaddafi....
or what u can do is end your support to F"S"A and support peace and dialogue... which sounds better war or peace?
We should indeed cut support to FSA but if you think it'll bring peace than you are more stupid than i imagined.

We should indeed cut support to FSA but if you think it'll bring peace than you are more stupid than i imagined.

what you talking about? if FSA doesn't have a base... don't have supplies... don't have weapons anymore... why wouldn't the fighting end? why wouldn't normal life return?
explain...

what you talking about? if FSA doesn't have a base... don't have supplies... don't have weapons anymore... why wouldn't the fighting end? why wouldn't normal life return?
explain...
Because bases, supplies and weapons don't mean sh*t. Because a very good percentage of your population has turned against your regime and you can't deny it.

Don't be an idiot, there are men and women fighting for an ideology. Without outside interferance it will take even longer. They will find ways and means to fight. This sh*t is FUBAR, you can kill and oppress with all your power but you can't destroy an ideology.

Because bases, supplies and weapons don't mean sh*t. Because a very good percentage of your population has turned against your regime and you can't deny it.

Don't be an idiot, there are men and women fighting for an ideology. Without outside interferance it will take even longer. They will find ways and means to fight. This sh*t is FUBAR, you can kill and oppress with all your power but you can't destroy an ideology.

Here we go again.... turn your brain on please

IF THE MAJORITY OF SYRIANS ROSE UP, ALASAD WOULD HAVE BEEN OUT ALREADY... BECAUSE THE WILL AND THE POWER OF THE PEOPLE CAN NOT BE BEATEN NO MATTER WHAT.... Plus the west, gcc, "Arabs", and others are against Alasad... so how can Alasad survive alone against the west and it's salves?? with out the people Alasad has no power. therefore Alasad power is from the people.

Another option would be no-fly zone in Syria.

Just shoot every aircraft in their airspace. Send a couple of UAV's and coordinate attacks with jets on Assad targets.

And if we see that Assad dog we should hesitate to end his misery.

More or less 900 km. border and mostly plains. Let's say 15 km depth for the buffer zone and it will be 13500 sq. km. hostile area to secure.
When we say secure it will be same 900 km new border + the 13500 sq.km. area.
Can anyone tell me Turkey's benefit from this "buffer zone" situation?

BordoEnes

Do you think Syrian army is completely formed from Alawites ? Alawites are a just a small portion of the population if Assad really just had the Alawis in his back, his army would be scattered long times ago and you would have your precious head.

More or less 900 km. border and mostly plains. Let's say 15 km depth for the buffer zone and it will be 13500 sq. km. hostile area to secure.
When we say secure it will be same 900 km new border + the 13500 sq.km. area.
Can anyone tell me Turkey's benefit from this "buffer zone" situation?
Nobody gets in or out, nobody gets near enough to fire shells, enhanced security protocols and larger area to manuaver. And established forward operating bases can logistically supply the if and when it's necessary.

@Targon, @Bordoenes:
Don't bring religion into it guys, this is pointless.

It's funny to read the "let's bomb them to hell, let's declare war" etc. really hillarious. or the "support dialogue & peace talk".

I have so far not seen anyone even consider the credibility or the advantages of what I proposed. Even though it would defacto make safe guarding our borders a lot easier. Of course it'll cost a lot of money, but turkish construction branch is one of the best in the world.

I say we dig a canyon between Turkey and Syria, 200m deep 100m wide. if mankind can methodically dig for diamonds and gold in that fashion (see discovery) then we sure as hell can do the same and create man made "natural" border between countries. we've just have to move... 900,000m*100m*200m = 1,.8*10^10m^3 earth. And with all that excess earth/soil we have, Dubai or UAE can build a new "island". Or we could make a land connection to KKTC :)

Firstly, a no fly zone is not going to work without UN approval. Turkey cannot impose a no fly zone by themselves as Russia and Iran will continually supply Assad by air regardless of the Turkish threat. Turkey wouldn’t dare to shoot Iranian or Russian planes as a major military conflict is not something they actually want. Turkey has done too much since 2000 to become a regional power and economic force and to risk this all over support for the disorganized losing FSA. Buffer zone also isn’t going to work as Syria isn’t just going to sit idly bye as Turkey invades its country, buffer zone will result in a regional war, no doubt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom