What's new

Budget of 27km buss service in Lahore is more than all south punjab

Bijli dy do, Gas dy do, Subsidy dy do.
They can make 3 big and moderate hospitals, or 2 dams that is our need. All money of Punjab is gone in a single bus project. :cry:

Nope. Deffinitely worse than them. No one beats Ganja bradran! :woot:

Biggest dog that ever roamed the planet on two legs, Zia; These ***** are his last legacy, and our final anchor to the Kingdom of Camelistan. Once these dogs are neutralized, new history will be penned.

Zia ul Haq (May He Rest in Peace) was a true patriot & an exceptionally good man ! :whistle:

I bet I can get Bhabi to name your first son as Zia ul Haq Khan ! :woot:

LOL... she knows what the 'red line' is, and never to mention the name '***'... Hush hush... let's not say it too many times, the bastard is still roaming the planet, heaven and hell both rejected him.

Zia ul Haq (May He Rest in Peace) was a true patriot & an exceptionally good man ! :whistle:

I bet I can get Bhabi to name your first son as Zia ul Haq Khan ! :woot:

Dumb thread. South Punjab's Budget has increased than ever it did before. Last government gave 20 billion but this government has pushed it to 60 billion.

This is another thread to derail Punjab's accomplishments. Let me ask. What did Sindh, Baluchistan, and KPK do ? Let alone development, what is the situation of Law and Order ?

shows the depth of knowledge you have on the subject.

Ittefaq is out of production for some 10 YEARS now :rofl:

and regarding Buses there are EURO II or EURO III standard engines. Can you tell me where such engines are manufactured in Pakistan????

I may have got the name wrong, but it is a fact that steel was sourced from there family mills, I am not on PC right now, will get the details of the matter later.

I say again, corruption took place, costs were a bit on the high side, it was an election gimmick, but aleast some development tool place.

Si I do kind of commend the chief minister, but why the check was Nawaz Sharif at the inauguration? It was a Punjab government project, not PML!

:lol:

There is a difference between Development Budget of South Punjab and ALL South Punjab Budget but few people will never get it lol

Because they don't want to. Doesn't is seem to you now that PTI, PPP, PAT, PML-Q, and MQM are on the same page i.e. against PML-N ? lol

LOL... she knows what the 'red line' is, and never to mention the name '***'... Hush hush... let's not say it too many times, the bastard is still roaming the planet, heaven and hell both rejected him.

Oh come on he wasn't so bad....yeah we make him out to be the boogeyman but he sure as hell wasn't 'that bad' ! :blink:

I may have got the name wrong, but it is a fact that steel was sourced from there family mills, I am not on PC right now, will get the details of the matter later.

I say again, corruption took place, costs were a bit on the high side, it was an election gimmick, but aleast some development tool place.

Si I do kind of commend the chief minister, but why the check was Nawaz Sharif at the inauguration? It was a Punjab government project, not PML!

Sharif family is not involved in any steel business :D and yeah get things write before you write them. Never expected a Moderator to post such stuff

And I checked 2008 elections and they were party based elections and PMLN formed the govt in Punjab + Nawaz Sharif's good relation with Turkey helped a lot in the project!!!!

why are South Punjabis/Seraikis discriminated against ? Why are they not being given their own state ? This is happening with some wannabe states in India too like Telangana. What's wrong with creating an extra state to keep people happy ?

Daffa ho. He was even worst than Hitler. :what:

What ? :what:

Aisaa kiyaa kar diyaa uss bichareiii neiii ? :hitwall:

He is only responsible for allowing religious seminaries to open up in Pakistan, letting those damn Afghans in, creating Hudood Ordinance type laws & being an honest to god Hypocrite ! :whistle:

But then again he did win us the Afghan Jihad (maybe Pakistan was next !) aur usss ne munnh pakaa kar ke Amreekaa se jhot bolaa ke Atom Bumb nahin banaa raheiiii ! :D

I'd say koi baaat nahin - Kick out the Afghans, audit & monitor the religious seminaries & restore the Constitutions to its original condition & we'd be set ! :tup:

@Armstrong :

Butt don't tell me you support PTI, PPP and MQM on this :hitwall:

That money could have been put to better use elsewhere but not that I'm complaining for this is a good project ! Anyhow PML N needs to do a lot better on their public relations front because this is again being politicized as 'Saraa Punjab ka budget Takht-e-Lahore pe lagaa diyaaa' ! :hitwall:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a good project no doubt. But just look a his govt performance in other sectors.

Remember dengue, Punjab Cardiology Institute fake medicine scam and the recent poisonous cough syrup?

There are huge problems in setting priorities with this ruling elite. They want big ticket items only to get publicity. The inauguration so close to the election is also the indication of intention to cash in this public spending.

Questions are also very legitimate about the long term viability of this project and the maintenance of infrastructure around this project. Pakistan after all is failing on the economic front only because of these corrupt and self centred leaders.

Why do I feel called upon to correct misrepresentation?

OK,
1. Punjab Government did a good job with controlling Dengue. This was not only acknowledged by Shafqat Mahmood, but also plainly obvious by the lack of recurrence of Dengue last year.

2. PIC's problem with medication was traced to massive contamination that happened at Efroze Pharma in Karachi. The said firm was an approved supplier and its operation did not fall under Punjab Government, which did everything in its power to resolve the issue ASAP. Even going overboard to victimize doctors who had no control over this contamination issue.

3. Ever since Health was made a provincial subject, there has been confusion about the ownership of Medicine regulation. This is not just a problem with Punjab, but something that is country-wide. It is rather unfair to single out Punjab government for the problem with Cough syrup. Moreover it is pertinent to note that the people who suffered because of the Tyno Syrup were all addicts who consumed the said syrup in extraordinary quantity in order to get high. They did get high, in fact too high and could not come back.

4. You are right about the priorities of the ruling elite, but again it is hardly a problem confined to Punjab. If anything Punjab's ruling elite has at least done something to make things better. SS's son-in-law was arrested for his bodyguards' hooliganism. The law was followed to the letter. The wronged person received compensation and forgave him. Not a big case for the poor man, but a small victory for the rule of law. Show me something similar in any of the other provinces: KPK, Sindh, Baluchistan, Gilgit?

5. While there is substance in your allegation that big ticket projects are being completed in time for elections, you have to admit that this is democracy in action. Electoral concerns matter and we just have to accept that and move on. No sense in crying about a non-issue. Politicians are not angels and as Maria Memon tweeted: #MetroBus service: A job well done and for those who think this is an election stunt --I hope others pull such a stunt too.

6. @airmarshal, @darkinsky, @mr420, and others of your pursuasion need to come up with solid figures to show that this project (as well as others by SS) has a serious problem with corruption. I shall be awaiting for something concrete from the Naysayers. You are just crying about 'Legitimate Question' and 'long term viability' of this project without providing a rational explanation based on numbers.

7. All the people crying about this project are trolls associated with political parties. Is it possible that they accept that people's money is being spent on people and an important need is being met. Metro project does not just cater to people of Lahore. A million people travel to Lahore EVERY day for one reason or another. This project benefits all of those. For a metropolis of ten million people which has a chronic problem with Public transport, it is a crying shame that vested interests (MQM, PTI, PML-Q, PPP) are find ing fault with a project that is sorely needed. Enough Cry baby stuff.

You cannot doubt that corruption took place in this project along with laptops scheme, Ashyana, Sasti Roti and Yellow Cab...and buses could have been sourced locally, metal could have been brought from somewhere other than Ittefaq Mills etc, but you cannot deny that it will benefit the people of lahore in the long run...

I doubt that corruption was part of this project and am awaiting for you to substantiate your allegations. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom