What's new

Buddhism in China

Tibetan Vajrayana vehicle of Buddhism is the most corrupted.

Mahayana and Theravada Buddhism follows true Buddhist ideology much more closely.

I am not Buddhist, but i do admit that the purist form of Buddhism is Mahayana. I have studied Buddhism , however, in depth.

I am not Buddhist, but i do admit that the purist form of Buddhism is Mahayana. I have studied Buddhism , however, in depth.

Even Mahayana is not the most pure with too much ritual and blind faith. Gotama himself does not want to be worshiped, yet temples with statues of him are bowed to and the meaning is all lost.

Humanity corrupts everything to suit their leisure and sense of the divine.

In regards to other religions, I recall S.N Goenka saying something along the lines of

"God did not create humanity in his image. Humanity created god in their own image"

Thus, the concept of a god is as flawed and corrupted as humanity itself.

Most Chinese are not strictly religious.

And I don't think the Chinese 'Buddhists' strictly follow the Buddhism like those from Southeast Asia.

Most Chinese are not strictly religious.

And I don't think the Chinese 'Buddhists' strictly follow the Buddhism like those from Southeast Asia.

In a sense true Buddhist practices are seldom practiced anywhere except for maybe few Monasteries world wide.. All three vehicles of Buddhism these days have been politicized or branded with nationalism that is totally contrary to Buddha's teachings and principals.. For Example Sri Lanka , Myanmar, Thailand and Tibet are all Buddhist societies that have corrupted the philosophy with their nationalism

In a sense true Buddhist practices are seldom practiced anywhere except for maybe few Monasteries world wide.. All three vehicles of Buddhism these days have been politicized or branded with nationalism that is totally contrary to Buddha's teachings and principals.. For Example Sri Lanka , Myanmar, Thailand and Tibet are all Buddhist societies that have corrupted the philosophy with their nationalism

The Chinese culture is indeed heavily influenced by the Buddhism, but I still don't think most of our people are strictly Buddhists.

Our culture has absorbed many foreign cultures into our own, so we are quite unique actually.

The Chinese culture is indeed heavily influenced by the Buddhism, but I still don't think most of our people are strictly Buddhists.

Our culture has absorbed many foreign cultures into our own, so we are quite unique actually.

The Chinese practice of the philosophy is quite different to the rest of the so called Buddhist nations.. Especially from those in South East Asia and Sri Lanka.. Correct me if i'm wrong but i sensed Chinese specially lay people tend to take it as a guide for better living that actual religion, which was what exactly Buddha thought it to be

Just to make it clear.. My view point is of a outsider.. I'm born protestant now more or less an atheist.. But a great admirer of lord Buddha and his teachings.. No other philosophy is as apt as his teachings in the current age or beyond, as more and more people become enlightened from religious dogma particularly of Abrahamic beliefs.. Buddhism gains more prominence.. As you can see from the West.. The freedom of thought they enjoy as opposed to those in the third world make many of them to embrace Buddhist thought

The Chinese practice of the philosophy is quite different to the rest of the so called Buddhist nations.. Especially from those in South East Asia and Sri Lanka.. Correct me if i'm wrong but i sensed Chinese specially lay people tend to take it as a guide for better living that actual religion, which was what exactly Buddha thought it to be

Just to make it clear.. My view point is of a outsider.. I'm born protestant now more or less an atheist.. But a great admirer of lord Buddha and his teachings.. No other philosophy is as apt as his teachings in the current age or beyond, as more and more people become enlightened from religious dogma particularly of Abrahamic beliefs.. Buddhism gains more prominence.. As you can see from the West.. The freedom of thought they enjoy as opposed to those in the third world make many of them to embrace Buddhist thought

I can describe my experience. I am a Christian but I spent 6 years in a Buddhist missionary schools having to memorize scripture. Yet I did not cry racism like nut Islamo.

There are Buddhist and Taoist in my family and we do not care.

Personally even without going to Buddhist missionary schools and as a Christian, I still like Buddhism very much. It is deep inside my psyche.

I can still recite the Buddhist teaching like

布施 持戒 忍辱 精进 禅定 智慧

Even as a Christian, I am happy to see 100% of Chinese become Buddhist. I have no problem with that.

I cannot understand why Islamo can orgasm to the point of murdering people for apostasy.

I cannot understand why Hindus are not able to see Buddhism is good and they shit on people using caste system.

If Buddhism is lost, a large part of me is lost.

Lux is such a good man full of love than most Islamo and Hindus in PDF.

I can describe my experience. I am a Christian but I spent 6 years in a Buddhist missionary schools having to memorize scripture. Yet I did not cry racism like nut Islamo.

There are Buddhist and Taoist in my family and we do not care.

Personally even without going to Buddhist missionary schools and as a Christian, I still like Buddhism very much. It is deep inside my psyche.

布施 持戒 忍辱 精进 禅定 智慧

Even as a Christian, I am happy to see 100% of Chinese become Buddhist. I have no problem with that.

I cannot understand why Islamo can orgasm to the point of murdering people for apostasy.

I cannot understand why Hindus are not able to see Buddhism is good and they shit on people using caste system.

India is not all believed Hinduism, China is not all believed Buddhism
I have said that China has many religious,You are rubbish

There are Buddhist and Taoist in my family and we do not care".

布施 持戒 忍辱 精进 禅定 智慧

Christianity is just as blood thirsty as those Islamo facists you dispise. Abrahamic religions worship a dude in the sky who asks his follower Abraham to sacrifice his son in order to prove his loyalty. Abraham, the delusional clown was even about to do it.

One famous Christian line:

""Kill them all! God will recognise his ow""n

Christianity is just as blood thirsty as those Islamo facists you dispise. Abrahamic religions worship a dude in the sky who asks his follower Abraham to sacrifice his son in order to prove his loyalty. Abraham, the delusional clown was even about to do it.

One famous Christian line:

""Kill them all! God will recognise his ow""n

Please continue to point out the bad things of Cahristianity to save me my effort. I am sick of many aspect of it as well. So long it is honest, it will be good for everyone. I can list more.

Inquisition
Pedophille of bishop
hypocrisy
Vatican banking mafia
USA Christian elites sabotage Middle East Christian big time

Many many more...

The more one say about the bad things of Christianity, it will help Christian to improve.

I set example of exposing my own religion. I hope Islam and Hindu will follow.

yet orgainized monotheism has evolutional advance over less exclusive&violent religions.

to make it worse, those cultures' moral system originated from their religion and they simply can't let go their religion w/o crashing their own culture.

that is very screwed.

Funny how chinese insult Indian culture and beliefs yet they have the audacity adopt an Indian religion. I always feel embarrassed when videsis follow our religion.

Funny how chinese insult Indian culture and beliefs yet they have the audacity adopt an Indian religion. I always feel embarrassed when videsis follow our religion.

Everyone think Lux is unfriendly with Indians, but actually it is the very opposite. Lux is and always is in love with the good Indian culture -- Buddhism, though I am Christian.

People can say Lux has a lot of Indian pysche and I am going to admit that proudly. YES.

Buddhism is a part of me and without Buddhism, I will loss so many things. I am still vert grateful to my teachers who force me to memorize Buddhist text during my 6 years in Buddhist missionary schools. (An Islamist will rant discrimination)

Japanese has use Zen to pierce through ephemeral life and death and Zen is the essence of the greatest warror philosophy -- Bushido.

Now come to the point why I am always critical of Indians.

Do you guys forgo all your good things and do the bad things.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom