What's new

BSF to Replace all INSAS Rifles with Beretta MX 4 Storm Carbines.

Doctor Death

BANNED
Reaction score
BSF to get new Beretta MX 4 storm carbines from Italy will replace 7.62mm INSAS Rifle.
Published November 16, 2012 | By admin
SOURCE: TNN

The Border Security Force personnel are all set to get Beretta guns imported from Italy which will replace their old 9mm carbines. The Union government has already imported 34,377 Beretta MX 4 storm carbines.:yahoo::sniper:

The BSF was formed in 1965 and since then the guns have been changed twice. Initially the BSF used to have 303 rifles. It was replaced by SLRs and 10 years ago, Insas rifles replaced SLRs. Today, BSF jawans are guarding the border with the latest 7.62mm Insas rifle.

According to BSF sources, many battalions of BSF in Rajasthan, Gujarat and Northeast area have got the new Beretta carbines.:cheers:

IG, BSF, Rajasthan frontier, PC Meena confirmed that a few Beretta guns have been received but the proper supply is yet to come.

It is being said that a team of BSF had visited Siti Beretta factory at Brescia in Italy on August 2011 and inspected these carbines. Although some problems were found in carbines supplied at Gujarat and Northeast, the complaints were investigated and the company changed 550 carbines. Now the BSF is totally satisfied with Beretta carbine.

BSF to get new Beretta MX 4 storm carbines from Italy will replace 7.62mm Insas rifle | idrw.org

CX4Storm.jpg

"BSF to get new Beretta MX 4 storm carbines from Italy will replace 7.62mm INSAS Rifle."

wtf is this.....Insas 7.62??????????????????????????

I have seen that SMG in the hands of IA for quite some time along with INSAS, not a replacement for sure. Poor journalism i should say.

That **** looks like it will be in the new Batman film, and definitely doesn't look like a battle rifle.

Beretta MX4 Storm
Type Submachine gun
Place of origin Italy

Production history:
Manufacturer Beretta
Specifications:

Weight 2.48 kg
Length 647 mm
Barrel length 312 mm
Cartridge 9x19mm Parabellum
Action Straight Blowback
Muzzle velocity 390 m/s
Effective range ~200 m
Feed system 30 round box magazine
Sights 2 position aperture sight

Not a battle rifle, it's more suited for close range combats.

Never fired it, let alone seen or heard about it.

So, I can't say whether it's good or bad.

What do you think?

Is it an effective COIN weapon?

Never fired it, let alone seen or heard about it.

So, I can't say whether it's good or bad.

What do you think?

Is it an effective COIN weapon?

Seems like one, it's available for sale in US for civilians. You can give it try.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom