What's new

British women of Pak origin raped in Libya

Slav Defence

THINK TANK VICE CHAIRMAN: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Two British national Pakistani women got raped in Libya---just saw on TV source is Ary news channel----

The overland convoy left Britain on Feb. 25, but was stuck for days along the Libyan-Egyptian border after Egyptian border guards refused to let them to cross.

Al-Barassi told Libya al-Hurra TV late Thursday that the women were in “very bad shape.” Two of the women are sisters and their father witnessed the rape of the women, he said.

Their 10-vehicle convoy carrying medical supplies was named “Mavi Marmara” in honor of a ship involved in a 2010 deadly flotilla incident, according to Huseyin Oruc of IHH, a Turkish humanitarian relief organization.

IHH was the group that helped organize the international flotilla that was attacked on May 31, 2010. Israeli commandos stormed the Mavi Marmara while stopping the flotilla that was trying to breach an Israeli blockade of Gaza. Eight Turks and a Turkish-American were killed, and dozens of activists and seven Israeli soldiers were wounded.

IHH mediated the release of the kidnapped women and men after they were contacted by the convoy’s organizers and pled for help. The man and his daughters were scheduled to return to Britain on Friday, he said.

Libyan official says 3 female British activists of Pakistani origin raped in eastern Libya - The Washington Post

Thats bad. I wish them speedy recovery from physical and mental trauma.

Libya has now become a complete hellhole. The country is awash with rabid savage militia, crazy ****** groups and leftovers of the last regime. The aftermath of any regime change is often chaos. These nations should be avoided like the plague.

Another thing about Pakistanis is that they very keen to go out and help any "Islamic" cause around, but are completely oblivious to the dangers that they will encounter. Our folk should watch and tread very carefully and woman under any circumstances should not go.

I feel sorry for our sisters. They were doing good deeds and met monsters. Allah reward them and bring their health back.

it is very tragic to hear this about our sisters---may Allah help them in this critical time(Ameen)

There are hundreds of thousands of Pakistanis living in Libya. It dates back to Bhutto-Gaddafi relations...

They worked for a turkish NGO... Also libyan govt has arrested few people... and assured GoP tht action will be taken... lets see what happens!

If those attacked were British nationals, then it should be the responsibility of the British government to protect them and extend consular assistance as necessary.

But the BBC is not showing this news . They should have already created a havoc out of this issue as the citizens hailed from Britain .

If those attacked were British nationals, then it should be the responsibility of the British government to protect them and extend consular assistance as necessary.

but you are forgetting that they are british national PAKISTANIS---THIS IS INDEED A TRAGIC INCIDENT--

But the BBC is not showing this news . They should have already created a havoc out of this issue as the citizens hailed from Britain .

Yes, that is what I am wondering too. I would wait for an official British response on this incident before commenting any further. After all, they were in Libya as British citizens.

but you are forgetting that they are british national PAKISTANIS---THIS IS INDEED A TRAGIC INCIDENT--

British passport = British national. (The title should be corrected.)

Rape is tragic no matter which nationality, but to help these ladies is for the British government. Let them step up to their responsibilities.

Yes, that is what I am wondering too. I would wait for an official British response on this incident before commenting any further. After all, they were in Libya as British citizens.

British passport = British national. (The title should be corrected.)

Rape is tragic no matter which nationality, but to help these ladies is for the British government. Let them step up to their responsibilities.

i HAVE seen IN Ary News--the government of Pakistan is still in connection with Libyan and British authorities.Furthermore brithish news will try all its best to dilute this issue I assume!

Back
Top Bottom