What's new

British MP explains why Kashmir needs to be resolved

Naheed Janjua

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
It may not be on the front-page of national newspapers or on everyone’s lips but Kashmir remains one of the longest standing territorial disputes in the world. In my constituency of Burnley, the Kashmiri community have watched on for 70 years as the fate of Kashmir continues to hang in the balance. I don’t want them to have to wait any longer.

read more: Kashmir: A crisis the world wants to ignore

Nice try.
Julie Coppers constituency has a massive Pakistan origin population so she will obviously take such stance.
But from her article itself, only British who matters PM Theresa May :
Yet when Theresa May made her first official visit to India in November last year, she did not raise the issue of Kashmir. Instead, she chose to discuss trade agreements and visa concessions for Indian citizens, ignoring the ongoing conflict altogether.

Nice try.
Julie Coppers constituency has a massive Pakistan origin population so she will obviously take such stance.
But from her article itself, only British who matters PM Theresa May :
Because of brexit and now Brita are investing heavily in pakistan. $400 million today for a cement plant alone.

She is entitled to her views and she definitely has every right to speak for her constituents. I am sure there are areas in UK with large Indian populations where the British MP speaks from their viewpoint. This does not affect foreign affairs of the U.K. - it is meant for internal consumption within that constituency.

She is entitled to her views and she definitely has every right to speak for her constituents. I am sure there are areas in UK with large Indian populations where the British MP speaks from their viewpoint. This does not affect foreign affairs of the U.K. - it is meant for internal consumption within that constituency.

well said

probably right - but how educated are the people in her constituency -- she didn't have to write about it.... so i think we are demeaning her by saying only for her constituents...

probably right - but how educated are the people in her constituency -- she didn't have to write about it.... so i think we are demeaning her by saying only for her constituents...

I don't see education has to do with supporting views of constituents. A glance at most posts on PDF would show that an education is hardly needed for making emotional and patriotic demands for alien territories.

Realistically speaking what does she expect Theresa May to do? Mount an invasion of the subcontinent? Direct British firms to stop business with India? May's current priorities are to quell right wing demands back home, satisfy blue collar British workers who are losing jobs to EU-immigrants, and worry about slackening demand for British goods and services in non-EU markets.

The only thing she has done lately is to tighten immigration rules that have made it harder for Indian and Pakistani visitors, tourists and students to enter Britain.

In any event I suspect that the UK-brand of self-determination wouldn't go down well with the British-Pakistanis and Pakistani nationals who are busy quoting her for the moment. Britain has a very high standard for self-determination and taken to its logical conclusion, they'd demand a referendum for any municipality that gathered a few signatures.

Pakistan needs to have strong reactions to resolve the dispute,Like..
-Demilitarizing its side of the border and allowing the 1948 UN mandate to be held in kahmir

Pakistan needs to have strong reactions to resolve the dispute,Like..
-Demilitarizing its side of the border and allowing the 1948 UN mandate to be held in kahmir
Why, are you a idiot? Do you want to give away the 1/3 of Kashmir that our unsung tribal warriors along with Kashmiri freedom fighters liberated while the incompetent Muslim League leadership worried more about their homsteads left behind in United Provinces, Hydrabad or Junagadh? It was because of ML's lack of real concern for Kashmir that cost us dear to this day.

The 1948 UN Mandate was signed by traitors who flushed the sacrifics of the brave tribals and Kashmiri fighters down the toilet. Have you ever read the UN Resolution ever? It say's Pakistan to pull it's forces out and then it's portion (AJK) be given back to J&K. Then plebicite is held in J&K with ONLY Indian Army administering it to make sure 'peace and stability' is maintained. That my friend is as good as giving it away to India. With Indian Army administering it what do you think the plebicite results are going to be?

This sale of Kashmir to India by ML leadership has been covered up in Pakistan because ML got to write the history books and thr media heavily in awe of that group has continued to sing the fraud and deception.

• In the first step, Pakistan was asked to use its "best endeavours" to secure the withdrawal of all tribesmen and Pakistani nationals, putting an end to the fighting in the state.
  • In the second step, India was asked to "progressively reduce" its forces to the minimum level required for keeping law and order. It laid down principles that India should follow in administering law and order in consultation with the Commission, using local personnel as far as possible.
  • In the third step, India was asked to ensure that all the major political parties were invited to participate in the state government at the ministerial level, essentially forming a coalition cabinet. India should then appoint a Plebiscite Administrator nominated by the United Nations, who would have a range of powers including powers to deal with the two countries and ensure a free and impartial plebiscite. Measures were to be taken to ensure the return of refugees, the release of all political prisoners, and for political freedom.
Notice who is trusted to keeping law and order? Indian fvcking Army. Notice Pakistan nationals are required to get the fvck out of Kashmir. Very, very clever? NO?

And this was done under the Shaheed-e-Millet as PM. God forbit had it been not the Shaheed Liaquat Khan in charge what would have happened then?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Security_Council_Resolution_47

Last edited:
Why, are you a idiot? Do you want to give away the 1/3 of Kashmir that our unsung tribal warriors along with Kashmiri freedom fighters liberated while the incompetent Muslim League leanership worried more about their homsteads left behind in United Provinces, Hydrabad or Junagadh? It was because of ML's lack of real concern for Kashmir that cost us dear to this day.

The 1948 UN Mandate was signed by traitors who flushed the sacrifics of the brave tribals and Kashmiri fighters down the toilet. Have you ever read the UN Resolution ever? It say's Pakistan to pull it's forces out and then it's portion (AJK) be given back to J&K. Then plebicite is held in J&K with ONLY Indian Army administering it to make sure 'peace and stability' is maintained. That my friend is as good as giving it away to India. With Indian Army administering it what do you think the plebicite results are going to be?

This sale of Kashmir to India by ML leadership has been covered up in Pakistan because ML got to write the history books and thr media heavily in awe of that group has continued to sing the fraud and deception.
As far as I know ,The UN mandated plebiscite of 1948 had two primary constituents ,
Withdrawal of troops from both sides and Plebiscite to be held..
If we withdraw from Kashmir then India doesn't have the balls to occupy our lands ...Because International backing will be enough ,Just like it was enough for our withdrawal in 1999 kargil..
More to add @Kaptaan We need to have international backing inorder to resolve this dispute..
Even if india occupies our lands then it will turn the global opinion on itself ,Like we foolishly did in 1971

Back
Top Bottom