What's new

Britain bans Indian Muslim preacher

Now its Canada :D

More 'hate' on speakers' list​
The National Post reported yesterday that the conference's main speaker, Peace TV founder Dr. Zakir Naik, will not be allowed to enter Canada because of concerns surrounding past statements such as "every Muslim should be a terrorist," Jews are "our staunchest enemy," and "If [Osama bin Laden] is fighting the enemies of Islam, I am for him."
url=http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=3188467]More 'hate' on speakers' list[/url]

"Then every muslim should be a terrorist" is quoted out of context and I don't think there is any problem with other statements why he was banned then???

"Jews are our staunchest enemy"

this statement also looks like stated out of context...
:tdown: for UK government

"Then every muslim should be a terrorist" is quoted out of context and I don't think there is any problem with other statements why he was banned then???

"Jews are our staunchest enemy"

this statement also looks like stated out of context...
:tdown: for UK government

Did you thumb down to the UK when they banned anti muslim extremist from entering the UK? he was sent back to holland in the same plane he had come.

Exclusion order politically motivated, will move London court: Dr Zakir Naik

Islamic preacher and Mumbai-based tele-evangelist Dr Zakir Naik on Tuesday announced that he was initiating legal proceedings against an exclusion order passed by Britain last week. The order revoking a five-year British visa issued in 2008 cited earlier comments made by the speaker that were “inflammatory” and “not conducive to the public good.”

The order was hand-delivered to Naik last Thursday, a day before he was scheduled to travel to Britain for a series of lectures on peace.

“I have hired a battery of lawyers,” Naik, 44, said at a press conference where he was joined by filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt and lawyer Majeed Memon. “And they are shocked on seeing the exclusion order, and very hopeful.”

A judicial revision to the order would be sought in the High Court of London, he said, adding that he would also approach the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) and the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) seeking their support in revoking the ban on his entry into Britain. Naik also alleged that the decision to disallow his entry into Britain, a country he has visited twice since 2008, appeared to be a politically motivated one, “a political decision rather than a legal one” taken by the newly elected government.

Naik, president of the Islamic Research Foundation in Mumbai, read out four extracts from his earlier speeches— all delivered at various venues before his five-year visa was issued in July 2008 - that were cited in his exclusion order. Referencing the statements to the context he made them in, he maintained that he had been either misquoted or quoted out of context.

One of the passages cited in the order, in which he makes a reference to Osama Bin Laden, was sourced to a YouTube video that was dated 2006, but actually belonged to a speech he made in Singapore in 1996, he said. “...if he is fighting the enemies of Islam, I am for him.... If he is terrorising the terrorist, if he’s terrorising America the terrorist... he’s following Islam,” the extract quotes him as saying.

Arguing that the lecture was delivered five years before the 9/11 attack, Naik said he didn’t have the rushes of the speech recording, nor any knowledge if it was edited. “Whether I said it or not I don’t know,” he said, but added that he has always “unequivocally condemned” acts of terrorism and the killing of innocent civilians, whether it was New York (9/11), London (7/7) or Mumbai (7/11).

Memon said the “rash” order was unlikely to stand in a court of law, not only because it quotes Naik out of context but also because the manner in which it was passed on June 16 and delivered a day before Naik’s scheduled departure, showed great hurry and non-application of mind. “It is an ex-parte and unilateral order. It does not give Dr Naik the opportunity to show cause. This is barbaric,” said Memon, pointing out that the last allegedly objectionable statements were made in 2006, two years before he was granted a visa in July 2008.

Exclusion order politically motivated, will move London court: Dr Zakir Naik

Islamic preacher and Mumbai-based tele-evangelist Dr Zakir Naik on Tuesday announced that he was initiating legal proceedings against an exclusion order passed by Britain last week. The order revoking a five-year British visa issued in 2008 cited earlier comments made by the speaker that were “inflammatory” and “not conducive to the public good.”

The order was hand-delivered to Naik last Thursday, a day before he was scheduled to travel to Britain for a series of lectures on peace.

“I have hired a battery of lawyers,” Naik, 44, said at a press conference where he was joined by filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt and lawyer Majeed Memon. “And they are shocked on seeing the exclusion order, and very hopeful.”

A judicial revision to the order would be sought in the High Court of London, he said, adding that he would also approach the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) and the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) seeking their support in revoking the ban on his entry into Britain. Naik also alleged that the decision to disallow his entry into Britain, a country he has visited twice since 2008, appeared to be a politically motivated one, “a political decision rather than a legal one” taken by the newly elected government.

Naik, president of the Islamic Research Foundation in Mumbai, read out four extracts from his earlier speeches— all delivered at various venues before his five-year visa was issued in July 2008 - that were cited in his exclusion order. Referencing the statements to the context he made them in, he maintained that he had been either misquoted or quoted out of context.

One of the passages cited in the order, in which he makes a reference to Osama Bin Laden, was sourced to a YouTube video that was dated 2006, but actually belonged to a speech he made in Singapore in 1996, he said. “...if he is fighting the enemies of Islam, I am for him.... If he is terrorising the terrorist, if he’s terrorising America the terrorist... he’s following Islam,” the extract quotes him as saying.

Arguing that the lecture was delivered five years before the 9/11 attack, Naik said he didn’t have the rushes of the speech recording, nor any knowledge if it was edited. “Whether I said it or not I don’t know,” he said, but added that he has always “unequivocally condemned” acts of terrorism and the killing of innocent civilians, whether it was New York (9/11), London (7/7) or Mumbai (7/11).

Memon said the “rash” order was unlikely to stand in a court of law, not only because it quotes Naik out of context but also because the manner in which it was passed on June 16 and delivered a day before Naik’s scheduled departure, showed great hurry and non-application of mind. “It is an ex-parte and unilateral order. It does not give Dr Naik the opportunity to show cause. This is barbaric,” said Memon, pointing out that the last allegedly objectionable statements were made in 2006, two years before he was granted a visa in July 2008.

Will not work...when UK said Michael Savage could not enter,he said he will sue them. Nothing happened.

No one has a right to visit any other country.

Back
Top Bottom