What's new

Brief analysis China's SD-10B air-to-air missile

What is the operational/developement status of sd-10B in china?

Does PA or PN have any intention to procure ground n sea based SD-10 versions? if so it may decrease dependance on PAF and would relieve them from some CAS missions and allowing them to do handle their primary role more effectively.

What did i just read??!! :close_tema: Google translated article most probably. SD-10b will add a nice offensive ability to jf17s. I read that the sd-10b model included a lot of input from pakistan as well. Good to know its custom tailored to our needs.

Did we see a picture of LCA firing AND hitting an air target?

Did we see a picture of LCA firing AND hitting an air target?

Since SD-10B is already in production then there should be the video of it with JF-Thund.

Can't wait to watch. Could you please provide the missile launch with JF-17?

Possible with correct software protocols to allow communication between the Mirage's hardware(which is 90s).
Which Com bus does the Mirage uses (if the information is shareable)

@Osacr

in a different thread (i think JF-17 thread) you said Mirage were not much of a match in air combat???

Also, have the Chinese started the delivery of SD-10s?

Thanks.

Any videos of SD-10B hitting the air target?

SD-10B is still in works and being tested, only rumors that PAF had SD-10Bs or ordered a few in numbers.

People, someone just asked a normal inquiry if you know the Answer reply if not don't bring in LCA or show hate try to be professional not an azz no matter how senior you are.

I can tell you this information comes from a reliable person and everyone knows him but he has his sources that mostly correct/true.

1. All SD-10A missiles could be upgraded to SD-10B standard
2. PAF has also received some SD-10B [rumors]
3. Additional SD-10B will be delivered after PLAAF receives them
4. SD-10B version has key R&D inputs from PAF
5. Block-II will receive a new radar, and all earlier versions will be upgraded with this new radar. Current radar may not be able to support SD-10B which PAF has decided to use as standard weapon.
6. New radar will/may be equipped with a rotating plate(Swash plate) Could it be an AESA similar to Swedish Gripen NG radar
7. The new radar will be a true and completely multi-functional
8. Small Diameter Bombs are being tested by FC-1 06 for use on JF-17 currently
9. PAC Kamra is expanding and will be able to meet maximum production

5. not new but some upgrades and lots of software upgrade. One of that is link with SD10B
6. incorrect but cannot tell more
7. the radar is already that

The rest is pretty reliable info.

The ROSE upgraded ones used the MIL-STD 1553B. Older ones are the older system :)
On an unrelated note, I think there is a need for countries like India and pakistan to use a faster comm protocol of their own, which will be compatible with contemporary mil bus but would differ in calling the remote addresses for security... I have worked with Modbus and Foundation field bus systems which are in sense derivatives of the same technology, I feel there is need to safeguard these I/o's for the com protocol security, which can only be achieved if we come up with our own comm bus arch.

Back
Top Bottom