What's new

BRIC economy bigger than US

EjazR

Reaction score
BRIC economy bigger than US: Pranab Mukherjee

London: The G20 Finance Ministers will meet on Saturday in London to discuss trade, protectionism and climate changes. Indian Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee is confident that India cannot be ignored anymore by the developed economies of the world.

"BRIC (Brazil, Russia India and China) countries total GDP is little more than US GDP. US is about $13+ trillion. BRIC countries together are more than $14 trillion. Therefore the emerging economic entities cannot be ignored," said Mukherjee after landing in London.

Later in an interview to CNN's Richard Quest Mukherjee said that there is a need to regulate markets without indulging in protectionism.

When asked about the strong view that bankers' bonuses need to be dealt with and there need to be more regulation of the financial world Mukherjee replied, "We shall have to strike a balance. First of all, I would like to emphasise on... in the name of the financial regulation and to regulate the markets and as I started off, I mentioned protectionism need not come. Yes, there is a need of regulating the financial market."

Mukherjee on Friday met his counterparts from Brazil, Russia and China ahead of a G20 Summit in London.

Finance Ministers of the G20 nations are preparing the ground for the G20 Summit of Heads of State and Government in Pittsburgh later in the month.

The G20 comprises 19 countries Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Britain, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, the US.

The European Union, represented by its rotating presidency - currently Sweden - and the European Central Bank, is the 20th member.

What is this supposed to prove anyway? You're basically proving that you need 4 of the world's biggest economies just to overtake the USA, that's kind of sad.

What is this supposed to prove anyway? You're basically proving that you need 4 of the world's biggest economies just to overtake the USA, that's kind of sad.

It's not about overtake, it's about ignorance as of now.

The thing to note here is that BRIC economy is growing at an avg of 8% (thus adding 1.2 trillion $ annually):tup:

The gap is widening and compounding is kicking in...its just a matter of time

:china:
4de4835217e5357a76b8b02afb95376f.gif

while US growth rate currently is in stagnant phase and in best of all conditions it may achieve a 2%-3% growth (adding 300 billion $ annually) :tdown:

Too bad the living conditions in the USA are 1000000000000000x times better than those in india, this proves nothing, and besides, india's economy will not surpass America's even by 2050.

You are comparing the economies of 4 countries combined with the economy of just 1 country. Indian government have lost it, and its only because China is part of BRIC thats why BRIC's economy combined is larger than U.S.

India should not be too happy.

You are comparing the economies of 4 countries combined with the economy of just 1 country. Indian government have lost it, and its only because China is part of BRIC thats why BRIC's economy combined is larger than U.S.

India should not be too happy.

On here, i agree with you.

:azn::usflag:

today US gdp..........tomorrow it will be US+EU gdp. Still therewill be ignorants out there who are just there to give India a thumbs down. Cant blame them as they dont have anything else to do.

Kudos to BRIC.

I don't believe in monopoly that no nation should be so strong that when it sneeze other catch cold.

:china:
4de4835217e5357a76b8b02afb95376f.gif

today US gdp..........tomorrow it will be US+EU gdp. Still therewill be ignorants out there who are just there to give India a thumbs down. Cant blame them as they dont have anything else to do.

Kudos to BRIC.

where is kudos.....i guess only indians are able to see that,and i think that's why US never consider india as threat

Well the entire EU isn't equal to the US economy, atleast these four are.

Don't forget that US had a relatively trouble 200 years to develop and exploit resources int eh western hemisphere. China and India are only 60+ year old and Russia had to go through the horrible Communism+break up of USSR phase.

The point is not to compare US vs BRIC, but to give a stronger voice in forums like WTO, IMF e.t.c to the poorer people who make the majority of the world population instead of pandering to hte whims of the 300 million Americans.

The benefit of this will be felt by all developing countries including Pakistan

where is kudos.....i guess only indians are able to see that,and i think that's why US never consider india as threat

dont worry.......1/4th of my Kudos goes to China.

We dont measure the greatness of a nation with the scale of hatred from US :hang2:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom