What's new

Breathtaking! The Enchanting Taj Falaknuma Palace, Hyderabad

OrionHunter

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Guys! This one is a must see. Relive the magical period in history at the gorgeous Taj Falaknuma Palace, Hyderabad, one of the finest palaces in the world. It was built by Nawab Vikar-ul-Umra, prime minister of Hyderabad and the uncle and brother-in-law of the Nizam, Nawab Mir Mahboob Ali Khan Bahadur.

The palace has 220 lavishly decorated rooms and 22 spacious halls. It has some of the finest treasure collections of the Nizam. Falaknuma houses a large collection of rare treasures including paintings, statues, furniture, manuscripts and books.

In 2000 Taj Hotels started renovating and restoring the palace. The renovated hotel was opened in November 2010. The rooms and halls were decorated with ornate furniture, handcrafted tapestries and brocade from France. The interiors have Venetian chandeliers and intricate frescoes, and have outdoor terraces with rare artifacts, including paintings, statues, furniture, manuscripts and books. The palace has a 101-seat dining hall, considered the largest in the world, and the Durbar Hall, embellished with intricately carved wooden ceilings, parquet flooring, walnut furniture and handcrafted mirrors.

Here's the video that wowed the world! Enjoy!

Last edited:
I think they over used the word history a bit too much to the point where started to sound a bit grating, but still nice place!

The food is not that great . its better in the Taj Banjara.

I wish those richest in sub-continent had done something good for their people instead of ripping off of them. The best thing happened to sub continent is the British raj.

The food is not that great . its better in the Taj Banjara.
Where food is concerned, there's no one to beat Taj Lake Palace at Udaipur!

And it's breathtaking too!

Lily_Pond_at_the_Lake_Palace,_Udaipur.jpg

taj+lake+palace+hotel.JPG

taj-lake-palace.jpg

Taj%3Dlake+palace.JPG

Delicious stuff!

And Rs 40k per night ain't too bad!

But my choice of the tastiest ever are the Lahori kababs of Anarkali Bazar!!! You just can't beat it!!

Last edited:
Where food is concerned, there's no one to beat Taj Lake Palace at Udaipur!

And it's breathtaking too!

Lily_Pond_at_the_Lake_Palace,_Udaipur.jpg

taj+lake+palace+hotel.JPG

taj-lake-palace.jpg

Taj%3Dlake+palace.JPG

Delicious stuff!

And Rs 40k per night ain't too bad!
I wont stay there just go for dinner, enjoy the ambiance , plus the last time i was in Udaipur i was a student in 96 and did not have the dosh to go for diner at the taj :)

Here a some recent, not-so-great cell phone photos of this total stunner of a palace hotel...
2qbei2o.jpg

jk985l.jpg

23vm2hf.jpg

aaiys4.jpg

xnrfgw.jpg

hvrwgy.jpg

b7chp4.jpg

hrddw5.jpg

cc: Bombaywalla

image.jpg
Falaknuma palace dining table that can seat 101 guests.

Last edited:
Ashamed of being a Hyderabad and not visiting the place once. :(

Guys! This one is a must see. Relive the magical period in history at the gorgeous Taj Falaknuma Palace, Hyderabad, one of the finest palaces in the world. It was built by Nawab Vikar-ul-Umra, prime minister of Hyderabad and the uncle and brother-in-law of the Nizam, Nawab Mir Mahboob Ali Khan Bahadur.

The palace has 220 lavishly decorated rooms and 22 spacious halls. It has some of the finest treasure collections of the Nizam. Falaknuma houses a large collection of rare treasures including paintings, statues, furniture, manuscripts and books.

In 2000 Taj Hotels started renovating and restoring the palace. The renovated hotel was opened in November 2010. The rooms and halls were decorated with ornate furniture, handcrafted tapestries and brocade from France. The interiors have Venetian chandeliers and intricate frescoes, and have outdoor terraces with rare artifacts, including paintings, statues, furniture, manuscripts and books. The palace has a 101-seat dining hall, considered the largest in the world, and the Durbar Hall, embellished with intricately carved wooden ceilings, parquet flooring, walnut furniture and handcrafted mirrors.

Here's the video that wowed the world! Enjoy!

Nice palace,good thing we annexed the place

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom