What's new

BREAKING : India ready to carry out operation against Islamic State, indicates Manohar Parrikar

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
India ready to carry out operation against Islamic State, indicates Manohar Parrikar
Last Updated: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 11:57
SHARES
Facebook
Twitter
31 Comments
442093-isis.jpg

Islamic State fighters
New Delhi:Indiaon Wednesday said it can undertake operations against theISISterror group under a UN flag if the global body adopts a resolution in this regard.

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, who has returned after a crucial meeting with his US counterpart Ashton Carter in Washington, also said that India has been sharing intelligence on the ISIS and it will be enhanced.

"We have made it clear that if there is a UN resolution and if there is UN flag and a UN mission, then as per India's policy to operate under UN flag, we will participate," Parrikar told reporters here at India Gate after laying wreath at the Amar Jawan Jyoti on Vijay Diwas.

He was replying to questions on the possibility of India's participation in operations against the ISIS.

Watch: ISIS's 'Mission India' fails?

Asked specifically if India will operate against the ISIS under the UN flag, he said, "that depends on whether UN takes a resolution".

India had earlier this month, along with major world economies, participated in the first-ever global meeting held in Paris to discuss and evolve mechanisms to combat the clandestine and largely undetected terrorist financing network of the Islamic State terror group.

Indian security establishment suggests that around 20 Indians are currently fighting for ISIS in Iraq-Syria. They include two youths from Kalyan in the outskirts of Mumbai, an Australia-based Kashmiri, one youth from Telangana, one from Karnataka, one Oman-based Indian and another Singapore-based Indian.

Last year, a youth from Kalyan had returned home after spending about six-months with ISIS. He was arrested upon arrival in Mumbai.

Among the six Indians, who fought alongside ISIS and got killed were three Indian Mujahideen terrorists, including Sultan Ajmer Shah and Bada Sajid, who had joined its ranks after being in Pakistan, two from Maharashtra and one from Telangana.

On September 15, the UAE deported four Indians suspected to have links with ISIS.

The UAE had also sent back in September a 37-year-old woman, Afsha Jabeen alias Nicky Joseph, who was allegedly involving in recruiting youths for ISIS.

In January, Salman Mohiuddin of Hyderabad was arrested at Hyderabad airport when he was preparing to board a flight to Dubai on way to Syria via Turkey.

So far, 17 young men, mostly from Telangana, have been prevented from travelling to Syria, ostensibly to join ISIS.

India ready to carry out operation against Islamic State, indicates Manohar Parrikar | Zee News

India ready to carry out operation against Islamic State, indicates Manohar Parrikar
Last Updated: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 11:57
SHARES
Facebook
Twitter
31 Comments
442093-isis.jpg

Islamic State fighters
New Delhi:Indiaon Wednesday said it can undertake operations against theISISterror group under a UN flag if the global body adopts a resolution in this regard.

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, who has returned after a crucial meeting with his US counterpart Ashton Carter in Washington, also said that India has been sharing intelligence on the ISIS and it will be enhanced.

"We have made it clear that if there is a UN resolution and if there is UN flag and a UN mission, then as per India's policy to operate under UN flag, we will participate," Parrikar told reporters here at India Gate after laying wreath at the Amar Jawan Jyoti on Vijay Diwas.

He was replying to questions on the possibility of India's participation in operations against the ISIS.

Watch: ISIS's 'Mission India' fails?

Asked specifically if India will operate against the ISIS under the UN flag, he said, "that depends on whether UN takes a resolution".

India had earlier this month, along with major world economies, participated in the first-ever global meeting held in Paris to discuss and evolve mechanisms to combat the clandestine and largely undetected terrorist financing network of the Islamic State terror group.

Indian security establishment suggests that around 20 Indians are currently fighting for ISIS in Iraq-Syria. They include two youths from Kalyan in the outskirts of Mumbai, an Australia-based Kashmiri, one youth from Telangana, one from Karnataka, one Oman-based Indian and another Singapore-based Indian.

Last year, a youth from Kalyan had returned home after spending about six-months with ISIS. He was arrested upon arrival in Mumbai.

Among the six Indians, who fought alongside ISIS and got killed were three Indian Mujahideen terrorists, including Sultan Ajmer Shah and Bada Sajid, who had joined its ranks after being in Pakistan, two from Maharashtra and one from Telangana.

On September 15, the UAE deported four Indians suspected to have links with ISIS.

The UAE had also sent back in September a 37-year-old woman, Afsha Jabeen alias Nicky Joseph, who was allegedly involving in recruiting youths for ISIS.

In January, Salman Mohiuddin of Hyderabad was arrested at Hyderabad airport when he was preparing to board a flight to Dubai on way to Syria via Turkey.

So far, 17 young men, mostly from Telangana, have been prevented from travelling to Syria, ostensibly to join ISIS.

India ready to carry out operation against Islamic State, indicates Manohar Parrikar | Zee News

Good I hope they send ground Troops and Tanks, want see that battle and the indian performance !

If they are fighting under the UN flag, then it is not an Indian military operation. India might be ready to contribute soldiers, but they will fight alongside other country's soldiers, all wearing blue helmets.

India is not stupid enough to get involved in the perpetual wars and conflicts of those Islamic countries. They have always been fighting, they will always be fighting. Neither India nor any other country can end conflicts there - it is inherently ingrained in their social fabric. Living peacefully for a long time is not in their DNA. The society there has to evolve from the tribal mindset of the middle ages, in all spheres of activity - religious, social, cultural. Unless that happens, they will always be fighting somebody or the other.

Excellent news. Do take your carrier group there as well. In the meantime us and China can have a field day in the Indian Ocean! :D
so thats what is bothering your nation most... is that jaelousy or what :azn: :sarcastic:

but its not just a single carrier we have we have two + A&N island group which sits at the mouth of mallacca straits ... oh wait isnt it 16th december .... iff you know what i mean :sarcastic:

Excellent news. Do take your carrier group there as well. In the meantime us and China can have a field day in the Indian Ocean! :D

Actually even an official stance on Syria will be bad for India, forget about going there.

We will not go against Russian and American interests both, only way of doing it is to mind our own business.

Yes, yes. They bother us a lot. Give them a try next time at war with us. I get cold chills down my spine when I think about Indian manned super naval assets, I bet Chinese must be getting diarrhea on a daily basis too! :cheesy:

so thats what is bothering your nation most... is that jaelousy or what :azn: :sarcastic:

but its not just a single carrier we have we have two + A&N island group which sits at the mouth of mallacca straits ... oh wait isnt it 16th december .... iff you know what i mean :sarcastic:

India will not waste its resources to resolve the mess created by the west.
Let the US and NATO coalition fight the ISIS and we should rather sit back home and mind our own business.
Jb papa ghar pe nhi hote to bacche log badmashiya nhi krte.:D

Yes, yes. They bother us a lot. Give them a try next time at war with us. I get cold chills down my spine when I think about Indian manned super naval assets, I bet Chinese must be getting diarrhea on a daily basis too! :cheesy:
point is we dont need carriers for your nation as we are next door and have more tha suffiecient assets to engage your nation at every level if things go wrong secondly china wants its dominence in indian ocean and arabian sea but till india is strong it cant rest you can speculate your self :coffee:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom