What's new

BREAKING: DRDO test fires cruise missile Nirbhay from a defence range off Odisha coast.

Did you just corner me?

View attachment 435530
No!
I was "just saying" :D

I do not need to corner you anyway, YOU of all people boss! :) :tup:

It succeed countless time. I do not keep counts.

India successfully test fires indigenous subsonic cruise missile Nirbhay off Odisha coast
IndiaIANSNov, 07 2017 14:50:00 IST
TweetView attachment 435496
Bhubaneswar: India on Tuesday test-fired the indigenously-designed and developed long-range subsonic cruise missile Nirbhay from an Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur in Odisha's Balasore.

odisha-missile_PTI.jpg

Representational image. PTI

The missile, with a strike range of 1,000 kilometer, was test-fired from a specially-designed launcher from the launch complex-3 of the ITR, defence sources said.

The cruise missile is expected to supplement the Indo-Russian joint venture supersonic cruise missile BrahMos, which can carry warheads up to 290 kilometer.

The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) sources said the Nirbhay missile test was "successful".

It travelled along a pre-designated flight path and homed in on the target, the sources added.

Powered by a solid rocket motor booster, the Nirbhay missile, with a turbo-fan engine, is guided by a highly advanced inertial navigation system.

Capable of carrying 24 kinds of war weapons, the missile is able to target multiple places simultaneously.

It was the fifth launch of the missile in the last five years. Out of the last four, three had failed in past years.

The missile had achieved success during the second test in 2014. The maiden test flight of Nirbhay was held on 12 March, 2013.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/indi...missile-nirbhay-off-odisha-coast-4197449.html
I can help, it was SECOND successful launch. Congratulations. :)

world powers are moving to railguns and future missiles will not use burning fuel but will move with electromagnetic force and much faster than current missiles but india is testing very old technology

You said it yesterday and today there is a news that we tested Rail gun. What a co incident. Now do you agree that we are at par with best in the world?

Congratulations! India has finally started to move forward in Cruise Missile Technology. Let us see how its various variants appear in the coming years and how much can Pakistan & India do to counter each other's developments.

world powers are moving to railguns and future missiles will not use burning fuel but will move with electromagnetic force and much faster than current missiles but india is testing very old technology

We are already working on future missiles and railgun tech ... you have no clue what we are upto

We are already working on future missiles and railgun tech ... you have no clue what we are upto
what is your aim to become with poverty and hungry population.no one is going to attack you but if you not focus on providing your public basic rights and neccessasities you will disintigrate ultimately

what is your aim to become with poverty and hungry population.no one is going to attack you but if you not focus on providing your public basic rights and neccessasities you will disintigrate ultimately

what about your poverty, no one is going to fight you as well untill you don't pick one.... why don't you take care of your poverty first??

So why did the government stop further tests on Nirbhay. Two more tests were supposed to be conducted in a 3 days window?

News blackout.

What about Nirbhay cruise missile program which was launched by DRDO in 2004 and was expected to be completed by 2016. Out of the five tests of Nirbhay subsonic missile, two were declared as failures and the result for one of the tests was never declared. Nirbhay missile has suffered several setbacks. Since March 2013, three Nirbhay test launches have been classified as failures.

Back
Top Bottom