What's new

Breakfast for Rs 5, lunch for Rs 8 under Rajasthan govt's 'Annapurna Rasoi'

Why you always have such attitude towards Indian Government schemes ?

Because I am honest to a fault.

Did you see water to wash hands or drink in that "stall" ? that too in water parched Rajasthan.

Amma canteen maintained a minimum level of hygiene. I don't see any provision for that in the video clip.

amma-canteen-295.jpg

08MA-CITY-AMMA_UNA_1748587f.jpg

Why not give this task to Gurudwara's in India? Infact there all sections of society eat together and utensils are properly washed. Full hygiene plus people do voluntary seva. Sometimes I do want all poor and backward castes in India to convert to Sikhism or Buddhism at the least. It will push India forward.

Why not give this task to Gurudwara's in India? Infact there all sections of society eat together and utensils are properly washed. Full hygiene plus people do voluntary seva. Sometimes I do want all poor and backward castes in India to convert to Sikhism or Buddhism at the least. It will push India forward.

If that was true then punjab should have been the most developed state in India in terms of HDI or GDP. :P

Only, its not.

In fact the caste divide in punjab is worse than the rest of India.

http://www.thehindu.com/2004/03/24/stories/2004032402371300.htm

Far away from the glitter of `Shining India,' the Dalits in Punjab are finding themselves subjected to increased discrimination after having exercised their `free will' in the recent elections to the State Assembly and panchayats. They are now uncertain about casting their vote in the coming Lok Sabha elections. Some Dalit leaders have even been deprived of their voting rights for speaking out against discrimination by the "upper castes."

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...b-left-leg-chopped-off-caste-killing-3077688/

Tamil Nadu under Chief Minister Jayalalithaa started subsidized meals scheme about 10 years ago and it is very successful.

The President, Shri Pranab Mukherjee inaugurating the Adamya Chetana-Midday Meal Kitchen for over one lakh children, at Bengaluru on December 30, 2016. The Governor of Karnataka, Shri Vajubhai Vala, the Chief Minister of Karnataka, Shri Siddaramaiah and the Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers and Parliamentary Affairs, Shri Ananth Kumar are also seen.
s2016123096322.jpg

s2016123096323.jpg

s2016123096324.jpg

The President, Shri Pranab Mukherjee visiting the Adamya Chetana-Midday Meal Kitchen for over one lakh children, at Bengaluru on December 30, 2016. The Governor of Karnataka, Shri Vajubhai Vala and the Chief Minister of Karnataka, Shri Siddaramaiah are also seen.
s2016123096325.jpg

s2016123096326.jpg

Back
Top Bottom