What's new

Brand PAKISTAN: Food

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
We all know what the 'Indian variant' is. It's a deadly variant of the coronavirus that has evolved in India and now has spread across the globe. In UK it is again leading to prospects of third wave with lockdown now being extended. In India we all know the destruction it caused with Ganga river being chocked with dead bodies.

So you might wonder what does this have to do with food? Well bear with me please. In marketing and advertisement industry it is well know fact that to sell a product, any product you must give it a positive association. Meaning when you hear or see or think about that product it must give a good feeling or positive reaction. If you can create a image of that product that produces a positive response then you will have added value to that product and help to sell it.

This is why advertisers will use pretty girls, fantastic locations, happy faces, energetic scenes to sell cars, cigarettes, perfumes etc. It does not matter what the product is but the marketing will always be about giving that product a positive response.

The opposite of this is also true. If a product becomes associated with something bad the image will suffer and such a product will begin to recieve negative response leading to value loss.

This is where I come back to the Indian variant of the coronavirus. Not only did the world get to see the disaster play out in India thus exposing as sham the Indian claim of being a rising super star The continous news of "INDIAN Variant" which always was connected with bad news potentially was going to damage India's carefully constructed narrative of "Shining India" or "Incredible India".

Thus huge pressure was mounted by Indian lobbies and recently the INDIAN variant has been renamed as "DELTA variant" so as to avoid damaging India's image.

Thus image and value addition or value loss can cause billions of dollars loss/gain. We saw how Cristiano Ronaldo the Portuguese footballer cause $4 billion loss to Coco Coloa stocks because of what he said.

Coca-Cola loses billions in market value after Cristiano Ronaldo removes bottles and says ‘drink water’

Portugal captain held up bottle of water and shouted in Portuguese: ‘Agua!

1623968285049.png

One of Pakistan's greatest potential marketing product which could be leveraged to give the country a massive positive association and this value addition and that cost hardly any investment is Pakistan food across the world is branded as "PAKISTANI FOOD" without masking, hiding or giving handle to others to use your product to polish their own brand. So please no "desi, Asian, Indian" etc but simply "PAKISTANI FOOD".

When Cocoa Cola spend billions on advertising their product I don't think they would accept their product being sold as Pepsi Cola would they? They just keep playing the "Coco Cola. Coco Cola" until a positive image has become established across the globe.

So can I ask all Pakistani's do what they can to bring this change. Ask your local restaurents who often hide behind the 'Indian' brand, canvass Pakistan officials, celebs, media etc to push for a concerted effort across the world.

I know on PDF we often have differances but over this I think we all need to unite under BRAND PAKISTAN. I ask @ghazi52 to make this thread a sticky and hope other members come up with ideas how we can do this. To demonstrate how important this is and it requires unity I would ask even members who I usually amfd found fencing with. So in show of good intention I ask @Areesh @PaklovesTurkiye @Yankee-stani @PAKISTANFOREVER @Talwar e Pakistan @RiazHaq @VCheng etc to contribute but keep it positive. Focus on "can do" please.

I would also ask the admin to join in this effort.

1623969256477.png

Last edited:
The power of Indian lobby has forced name change to prevent name of India being tarnished.

What is the Delta variant? Why the name of the Indian strain of Covid-19 has been changed, explained

The Indian variant, which is now dominant in the UK and has caused a four-week delay to the end of lockdown restrictions, is now known as the Delta variant

author avatar image
By Alex Finnis
Reporter
June 16, 2021 3:12 pm(Updated 3:33 pm)

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has announced a new naming scheme for Covid variants in an attempt to remove the stigma of them being named after places.
It means the Indian variant, which is now dominant in the UK and has caused a four-week delay to the end of lockdown restrictions, is now known as the Delta variant.

No sports person drinks Coca Cola after a game they all grab water bottle
The power of Indian lobby has forced name change to prevent name of India being tarnished.

What is the Delta variant? Why the name of the Indian strain of Covid-19 has been changed, explained

The Indian variant, which is now dominant in the UK and has caused a four-week delay to the end of lockdown restrictions, is now known as the Delta variant

author avatar image
By Alex Finnis
Reporter
June 16, 2021 3:12 pm(Updated 3:33 pm)

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has announced a new naming scheme for Covid variants in an attempt to remove the stigma of them being named after places.
It means the Indian variant, which is now dominant in the UK and has caused a four-week delay to the end of lockdown restrictions, is now known as the Delta variant.

It hurts Indian feelings , so it is called Delta Variant but for 1 year they called Virus Chinese Virus

It hurts Indian feelings , so it is called Delta Variant but for 1 year they called Virus Chinese Virus
Actually for over one year we had UK variant, Brazilian variant etc but there were no issues. What brought the change was the recent catastrophe India went through and the Indian variant began to spread across the world. This got the Indian's concerned about the damage it would cause to their image and they mounted pressure to bring about this change. But the thrust of this thread is Pakistan has to build up BRAND PAKISTAN. Food, fashion, pink salt etc.

In Australia, they've rebranded "Indian Varient" to Delta. Indians were objecting use of India with a disease and guarded their National image in time.

Elevating "Pakistani Food" as a brand is the right step. Infect I would suggest there should be a state body that works on National brand.

We all know what the 'Indian variant' is. It's a deadly variant of the coronavirus that has evolved in India and now has spread across the globe. In UK it is again leading to prospects of third wave with lockdown now being extended. In India we all know the destruction it caused with Ganga river being chocked with dead bodies.

So you might wonder what does this have to do with food? Well bear with me please. In marketing and advertisement industry it is well know fact that to sell a product, any product you must give it a positive association. Meaning when you hear or see or think about that product it must give a good feeling or positive reaction. If you can create a image of that product that produces a positive response then you will have added value to that product and help to sell it.

This is why advertisers will use pretty girls, fantastic locations, happy faces, energetic scenes to sell cars, cigarettes, perfumes etc. It does not matter what the product is but the marketing will always be about giving that product a positive response.

The opposite of this is also true. If a product becomes associated with something bad the image will suffer and such a product will begin to recieve negative response leading to value loss.

This is where I come back to the Indian variant of the coronavirus. Not only did the world get to see the disaster play out in India thus exposing as sham the Indian claim of being a rising super star The continous news of "INDIAN Variant" which always was connected with bad news potentially was going to damage India's carefully constructed narrative of "Shining India" or "Incredible India".

Thus huge pressure was mounted by Indian lobbies and recently the INDIAN variant has been renamed as "DELTA variant" so as to avoid damaging India's image.

Thus image and value addition or value loss can cause billions of dollars loss/gain. We saw how Cristiano Ronaldo the Portuguese footballer cause $4 billion loss to Coco Coloa stocks because of what he said.

Coca-Cola loses billions in market value after Cristiano Ronaldo removes bottles and says ‘drink water’

Portugal captain held up bottle of water and shouted in Portuguese: ‘Agua!

View attachment 754373

One of Pakistan's greatest potential marketing product which could be leveraged to give the country a massive positive association and this value addition and that cost hardly any investment is Pakistan food across the world is branded as "PAKISTANI FOOD" without masking, hiding or giving handle to others to use your product to polish their own brand. So please no "desi, Asian, Indian" etc but simply "PAKISTANI FOOD".

When Cocoa Cola spend billions on advertising their product I don't think they would accept their product being sold as Pepsi Cola would they? They just keep playing the "Coco Cola. Coco Cola" until a positive image has become established across the globe.

So can I ask all Pakistani's do what they can to bring this change. Ask your local restaurents who often hide behind the 'Indian' brand, canvass Pakistan officials, celebs, media etc to push for a concerted effort across the world.

I know on PDF we often have differances but over this I think we all need to unite under BRAND PAKISTAN. I ask @ghazi52 to make this thread a sticky and hope other members come up with ideas how we can do this. To demonstrate how important this is and it requires unity I would ask even members who I usually amfd found fencing with. So in show of good intention I ask @Areesh @PaklovesTurkiye @Yankee-stani @PAKISTANFOREVER @Talwar e Pakistan @RiazHaq @VCheng etc to contribute but keep it positive. Focus on "can do" please.

I would also ask the admin to join in this effort.

View attachment 754379

Good thread/idea, it is.

I agree. Pakistan lags behind in PR/Image when compared with India.

I would begin with PAKOLA :)

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-...ce.pk/pdf/threads/the-story-of-pakola.680830/

What food items can be labeled as Pakistani exclusively?

Good thread/idea, it is.

I agree. Pakistan lags behind in PR/Image when compared with India.

I would begin with PAKOLA :)

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-...ce.pk/pdf/threads/the-story-of-pakola.680830/
It is estimated in UK that over 90% of so called "Indian restaurents" are actually ran by Pakistani's or Bangladeshi's. The other few % are veggie Indian outlets which are actually really Indian. This is huge part of British culture now and the boost they give to image of India is enormous.

What brought up this thought up [although it has always annoyed me] was the other day I went into a great restaurent serving real home made style kmeat kharais. The owner and the waiters were all Pakistani. The cook is from Lahore and my waiter was from Faisalabad.

The restaurent was packed like a sardine can mostly with English customers. There was a rowdy English group sat behind me and I heard one say "god this is the best Indian I have been to". Then others joined in with one saying he had gone to Agra on holiday to see the Taj Mahal and the Indian food was nothing like this.

At this point I could not help but intrude and explained to them those beef joints they were having should raise questions in their mind about whether this was a "Indian" restaurent. I then further explained that you would not go to Saudia Arabia to taste vintage wine would you? Well for meat the same applies in India. Then they all began to agree with me but asked that why was the restaurent branded as "Indian" and that they woud love to try Pakistani food.

Here is a fact. The lowest hanging fruit to help elevate Pakistan's image with least amount of money is all the Pakistani's brand their outlets and food as "Pakistani". The positive effect would be immense. Don't forget most of the so called Indian restaurents across the globe are actually Pakistani. So this would raise Pakistan's global image.

I do agree though that this requires government intervention and Pakistani embassies need to start pushing for this across the world. But for this to happen we got to start pushing buttons. So we need to get more people on this thread to explore ideas of how we can do this.
What food items can be labeled as Pakistani exclusively?
You know even your question is loaded. If every food item including Peshawari nan can be labelled "Indian" does this need a answer? But just to clarify?

EVERYTHING. If the establishment is Pakistani it must sell as "PAKISTANI".

It is estimated in UK that over 90% of so called "Indian restaurents" are actually ran by Pakistani's or Bangladeshi's. The other few % are veggie Indian outlets which are actually really Indian. This is huge part of British culture now and the boost they give to image of India is enormous.

What brought up this thought up [although it has always annoyed me] was the other day I went into a great restaurent serving real home made style kmeat kharais. The owner and the waiters were all Pakistani. The cook is from Lahore and my waiter was from Faisalabad.

The restaurent was packed like a sardine can mostly with English customers. There was a rowdy English group sat behind me and I heard one say "god this is the best Indian I have been to". Then others joined in with one saying he had gone to Agra on holiday to see the Taj Mahal and the Indian food was nothing like this.

At this point I could not help but intrude and explained to them those beef joints they were having should raise questions in their mind about whether this was a "Indian" restaurent. I then further explained that you would not go to Saudia Arabia to taste vintage wine would you? Well for meat the same applies in India. Then they all began to agree with me but asked that why was the restaurent branded as "Indian" and that they woud love to try Pakistani food.

Here is a fact. The lowest hanging fruit to help elevate Pakistan's image with least amount of money is all the Pakistani's brand their outlets and food as "Pakistani". The positive effect would be immense. Don't forget most of the so called Indian restaurents across the globe are actually Pakistani. So this would raise Pakistan's global image.

I do agree though that this requires government intervention and Pakistani embassies need to start pushing for this across the world. But for this to happen we got to start pushing buttons. So we need to get more people on this thread to explore ideas of how we can do this.
You know even your question is loaded. If every food item including Peshawari nan can be labelled "Indian" does this need a answer? But just to clarify?

EVERYTHING. If the establishment is Pakistani it must sell as "PAKISTANI".
Was reading the reason for Pakistanis run restaurants in UK named as Indian restaurant was a bit psychological...

Indians who makes a large chunk of expats in UK find it unpatriotic to visit a restaurant named as a Pakistani restaurant...you know the level of hatredness in Indians mind for Pakistan...so to invite and panders to Indians, many a Pakistani restaurants are named as Indians.

On the contrary Pakistanis don't make it an issue going to an Indian restaurant, rather a restaurant named as Indian...but they do know as you wrote, they are run by Pakistanis and BD Muslims too.

Pakistanis need to have some sort of ultra nationalism...not to the extent of Indians, living in delusions and paranoia.

Was reading the reason for Pakistanis run restaurants in UK named as Indian restaurant was a bit psychological...

Indians who makes a large chunk of expats in UK find it unpatriotic to visit a restaurant named as a Pakistani restaurant...you know the level of hatredness in Indians mind for Pakistan...so to invite and panders to Indians, many a Pakistani restaurants are named as Indians.

On the contrary Pakistanis don't make it an issue going to an Indian restaurant, rather a restaurant named as Indian...but they do know as you wrote, they are run by Pakistanis and BD Muslims too.

Pakistanis need to have some sort of ultra nationalism...not to the extent of Indians, living in delusions and paranoia.
Well, as a country Pakistan will continue to suffer. The very reason why Pink Salt, Basmati rice etc has effectively been 'stolen' from Pakistan causing billions in loss.

Well, as a country Pakistan will continue to suffer. The very reason why Pink Salt, Basmati rice etc has effectively been 'stolen' from Pakistan causing billions in loss.

Pakistan it seems has just woken up from the deep slumber, induced by the India's flattery tactics. The current PTI govt is extra effective, need to go across the board though.

The recent Basmati tussle is a case in point, registration for GI tag was filed by India, Pakistan counterfiled it and India lost the case...same is the case with Himalayan Pink salt, the exports to India has stopped and Pakistan has got the GI tag.

But your main point in the first post 'Brand Pakistan'...at the cost of making the most of the current bad vibes India is getting due to coronavirus mishandling in India and the 'Indian Virus' need to be highlighted more, if this was the situation in Pakistan, India would be crying all over the intl' forums about the Pak(Napak) Virus...

Need to be more proactive in damaging the Indian narrative of shining India and a failing and flailing Pakistan...we have a chance here, India's reputation has taken a huge free fall.

desi term is most cringe worthy vocab and it amazes me so many paks use it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom