What's new

Brahmos to be EXPORTED to UAE ; VIETNAM; South Africa ; Chile

It is wrong. Brahmos is a cool weapon, but fast moving, large Russia missiles have been around since the 60s and defenses have come about to defend against them.

Before Brahmos we saw P-500
P-1000-Vulkan-Sandbox-Mod-1-1S.jpg

P-270
HY-3-Sawhorse-ASCM-1S.jpg

And a host of other such weapons. Because of this threat, existing for decades before P-800 or Brahmos hit the scene, it was imperative to develop countermeasures against them and developed they've become.

For the USN these hardkill countermeasures are:

RAM
rtn_rms_product_searam_pic03.jpg

And ESSM
rms_rtn_essm_pic01.jpg

Which have successfully and repeatedly demonstrated their ability to destroy supersonic, sea-skimming AShMs by training against Coyote
1024px-Coyote_flt.jpg

And a version of Russia's KH-31 called MA-31
QF-4N.jpg

Both SM-2 and SM-6 have downed supersonic targets as well:

http://breakingdefense.com/2015/06/supersonic-self-defense-navy-nifc-ca-passes-key-test/

This morning Raytheon announced its Standard Missile-6 destroyed “a medium-range supersonic target” in a June 10 test at White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico. But the SM-6 has hit supersonic targets before.This time the launcher fired the missile at a target “over the horizon,” i.e. one its own sensors couldn’t see. Instead it had to rely on data feeds from distant sensors which could track the target.

Phalanx and other CWIS gun systems may have a harder time against a Brahmos-type target, but that doesn't mean they can't defend against one either.

Don't forget that hardkill is only one part of the equation.

SLQ-32
BCD.jpg

And Nulka also help defend a ship.

As does SRBOC

New countermeasures are sprouting up too:

pandarra_fog800_2.jpg

http://defense-update.com/20140628_pandarra-fog.html

Brahmos is dangerous, but it's nothing that hasn't been seen before.

These types of threats have existed for decades and countermeasures, hard and soft kill, have been developed, are being developed and are being refined to stop such weapons.

Hey now, don't give the USN any ideas. SM-3 is already scary enough with ABM and ASAT capabilities. We don't need them going anti-lunar too:o:!

:D
USN is smart enough but I doubt abt chinese, maybe one day they shoot down our Sun perhaps there's as well :lol:,

the way Anti missiles technology is developing, same time Missile tech also progressing how to evade anti systems. Brahmos is far far Superior then Russian Oniks, yes there DNA are similar but many changes and keep on going, every 2 months some development trials keep on going. Addition of Anti Anti missiles systems, Change of guidance systems, Making a S maneuver before finishing its breakfast and many more which is not in public domain, Technologies are obtaining from even France to make Brahmos more deadly.
So let see real winner can only be known in war field.

It is wrong. Brahmos is a cool weapon, but fast moving, large Russia missiles have been around since the 60s and defenses have come about to defend against them.

Before Brahmos we saw P-500
P-1000-Vulkan-Sandbox-Mod-1-1S.jpg

P-270
HY-3-Sawhorse-ASCM-1S.jpg

And a host of other such weapons. Because of this threat, existing for decades before P-800 or Brahmos hit the scene, it was imperative to develop countermeasures against them and developed they've become.

For the USN these hardkill countermeasures are:

RAM
rtn_rms_product_searam_pic03.jpg

And ESSM
rms_rtn_essm_pic01.jpg

Which have successfully and repeatedly demonstrated their ability to destroy supersonic, sea-skimming AShMs by training against Coyote
1024px-Coyote_flt.jpg

And a version of Russia's KH-31 called MA-31

Both SM-2 and SM-6 have downed supersonic targets as well:

http://breakingdefense.com/2015/06/supersonic-self-defense-navy-nifc-ca-passes-key-test/

This morning Raytheon announced its Standard Missile-6 destroyed “a medium-range supersonic target” in a June 10 test at White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico. But the SM-6 has hit supersonic targets before.This time the launcher fired the missile at a target “over the horizon,” i.e. one its own sensors couldn’t see. Instead it had to rely on data feeds from distant sensors which could track the target.

Phalanx and other CWIS gun systems may have a harder time against a Brahmos-type target, but that doesn't mean they can't defend against one either.

Don't forget that hardkill is only one part of the equation.

SLQ-32

And Nulka also help defend a ship.

As does SRBOC

New countermeasures are sprouting up too:

http://defense-update.com/20140628_pandarra-fog.html

Brahmos is dangerous, but it's nothing that hasn't been seen before.

These types of threats have existed for decades and countermeasures, hard and soft kill, have been developed, are being developed and are being refined to stop such weapons.

Hey now, don't give the USN any ideas. SM-3 is already scary enough with ABM and ASAT capabilities. We don't need them going anti-lunar too:o:!

:D

So called American air defence can't even intercept their own sub-sonic dummy missiles during excercise. Let alone super-sonic missiles which is doing anti-AA maneuvers.
USS+Chancellorsville+drone+damage.jpg

USS+Chancellorsville+drone+damage+fix+1117.jpg

Brahmos is far far Superior then Russian Oniks

Are you kidding me? The so called Brahmos - is a Yahont missile from 2002, partly localised in India and that's all.
The Onyx has twice bigger combat range, twice bigger warhead and the different and far superior guidance system which is allow to attack ship by group of missiles from different sides.

The Onyx was finished its trials in 2011 and already widely used in our navy and never ever been exported.

So called American air defence can't even intercept their own sub-sonic dummy missiles during excercise. Let alone super-sonic missiles which is doing anti-AA maneuvers.
USS+Chancellorsville+drone+damage.jpg

USS+Chancellorsville+drone+damage+fix+1117.jpg

You mean an exercise where the ships close-in weapon systems were not on or engaged:P?

In November 2013 while testing combat weapons system off the coast of Point Mugu, California, a BQM-74E unmanned drone being used in the exercise failed to respond to commands to turn away from the ship and collided with Chancellorsville. Since it was a tracking exercise and not a live fire exercise, the crew did not engage the drone with the Phalanx CIWS.

https://news.usni.org/2014/06/27/document-investigation-uss-chancellorsville-drone-strike

Nice try, but maybe next time try a bit of reading comprehension instead of nationalistic fervor and chest pumping:wave:. It's amazing what you can learn when you read, isn't it. Stops you from making an *ss of yourself.

By the way... What's the Russian excuse for flying a missile into an apartment block:p:.

Img431467521.jpeg

Img431467536.jpeg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-target-smashes-apartment-block-village.html

Opps:partay:

Last edited:
You mean an exercise where the ships close-in weapon systems were not on or engaged:P?

That's pathetic excuse they have there.

Anyway, judging by the recent conflicts where American made AA were deployed in combat zones and failed to intercept ground-to-ground missiles which is flying by simple ballistic trajectory also tells a lot.

By the way... What's the Russian excuse for flying a missile into an apartment block:p:.

Ask your masters, because those missiles kills a lot of them :D

SCUD_Attack.jpg

American AA in action against subsonic missile
stark-afire-1024x702.jpg

USS_Stark_3.jpg

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? The so called Brahmos - is a Yahont missile from 2002, partly localised in India and that's all.
The Onyx has twice bigger combat range, twice bigger warhead and the different and far superior guidance system which is allow to attack ship by group of missiles from different sides.

The Onyx was finished its trials in 2011 and already widely used in our navy and never ever been exported.
You have v little idea abt Brahmos developments, Due you know abt Brahmos block 3 ? It has capablity to dive at 90 degree in supersonic speed towards its target (extremely imp. in hilly terrains or for navel warfare which give guarantee of sinking in single hit made it extremely lethel). It is now also converted Air to land configuration, Check out if russia process this capablity.

You have v little idea abt Brahmos developments, Due you know abt Brahmos block 3 ? It has capablity to dive at 90 degree in supersonic speed towards its target (extremely imp. in hilly terrains or for navel warfare which give guarantee of sinking in single hit made it extremely lethel). It is now also converted Air to land configuration, Check out if russia process this capablity.

It is a joint development with russia, right?

and you both are posting non-sense

oniks has longer range blah blah ... he is right but BRAHMOS is mix of the two systems .... designed to provide oniks without breaking MTCR to India

you both are wasting time arguing over non-points

It is a joint development with russia, right?

and you both are posting non-sense

oniks has longer range blah blah ... he is right but BRAHMOS is mix of the two systems .... designed to provide oniks without breaking MTCR to India

you both are wasting time arguing over non-points
I know abt this , here I meant what BRAHMOS (JV India and Russia) developed is new developments, which even other russian missiles dont have.

As reported by FE earlier, the Indian government has been receiving proposals for BrahMos from countries as diverse as Vietnam to Chile. The missile system has caught the attention of a number of countries in the Latin America such BRICS member South Africa, and other countries in that region including Venezuela, Chile, as it has been developed at a low budget of $300 million.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oy, did somebody just move South Africa?

it should be the missile can´t be intercepted by any"Anti anti ship missile" antiship missile system today?

Can Super Brahmos pass laser / energy weapons defense systems? which are now slowly comming online in many countries, even China now has one ready.

USN is smart enough but I doubt abt chinese, maybe one day they shoot down our Sun perhaps there's as well :lol:,

the way Anti missiles technology is developing, same time Missile tech also progressing how to evade anti systems. Brahmos is far far Superior then Russian Oniks, yes there DNA are similar but many changes and keep on going, every 2 months some development trials keep on going. Addition of Anti Anti missiles systems, Change of guidance systems, Making a S maneuver before finishing its breakfast and many more which is not in public domain, Technologies are obtaining from even France to make Brahmos more deadly.
So let see real winner can only be known in war field.

For bold part, why you Indians forgot same when it comes to your S-400 (future purchase) & BMD?? please dont be hypocrates.

Can Super Brahmos pass laser / energy weapons defense systems? which are now slowly comming online in many countries, even China now has one ready.
as you say sir where i ask do you have laser weapons or for that matter credible anty ship missile misslie systems like say Barrak that we have :azn:

now as for China they have many other things but here we are talikng about export potentioal of bharmos not what china has as we are not going to war against china in near foreseable future but can the same be said about Pakistan ?

as you say sir where i ask do you have laser weapons or for that matter credible anty ship missile misslie systems like say Barrak that we have :azn:

now as for China they have many other things but here we are talikng about export potentioal of bharmos not what china has as we are not going to war against china in near foreseable future but can the same be said about Pakistan ?

Did I mentioned Pakistan in my post?? I just ask how your super brahmos will defend against laser / energy weapons?? and PN will have them as soon they are fully operational with Chinese Forces, because we don't have to reinvent wheel again.

When the news of Vietnamese Kilos armed with Klub created mass hysteria in Chinese media especially "sina" imagine the sell of Brahmos.

Nothing would've stop it if its fire in Salvos.

Did I mentioned Pakistan in my post?? I just ask how your super brahmos will defend against laser / energy weapons?? and PN will have them as soon they are fully operational with Chinese Forces, because we don't have to reinvent wheel again.
well thats why i asked do you have them as i never talked about laser weapons any way but for the record we are already developing two types of laser and energy weapons for last two decades almost and now in process of minutrising them deu to new found coopration from developed nations like Israel and USA in this field

now even china is in minutrisisng and testing phase like us but thing is i never wanted to bring in china but you did sir cause you know PN or PA or for that matter PAF have nothing to counter Bhramos hence you bring china into the equation which is laughable to say the least and you sir know what im hinting at ;)

as for reinventing the wheel no matter how much you can buy but there is always a need to have those capbilities to manfacture them as you never know when things go wrong with your primary foriegn source and we have learned that hard way as they say : THINK/HOPE OF THE BEST AND PREPAIR FOR THE WORST ...... cheers mate :D

well thats why i asked do you have them as i never talked about laser weapons any way but for the record we are already developing two types of laser and energy weapons for last two decades almost and now in process of minutrising them deu to new found coopration from developed nations like Israel and USA in this field

now even china is in minutrisisng and testing phase like us but thing is i never wanted to bring in china but you did sir cause you know PN or PA or for that matter PAF have nothing to counter Bhramos hence you bring china into the equation which is laughable to say the least and you sir know what im hinting at ;)

as for reinventing the wheel no matter how much you can buy but there is always a need to have those capbilities to manfacture them as you never know when things go wrong with your primary foriegn source and we have learned that hard way as they say : THINK/HOPE OF THE BEST AND PREPAIR FOR THE WORST ...... cheers mate :D

Pakistan have capability to defend against Brahmos now, but in a salvo launch some may get through and hit targets same will happen in case of missiles launches from Pakistan side some will got through and hit targets. When I talked about reinventing wheel I never meant about buying, i was referring to TOT and learning from what China offer in terms of tech available same has happened since decades between China and Pakistan. Its called knowledge and expertise sharing.

Pakistan have capability to defend against Brahmos now, but in a salvo launch some may get through and hit targets same will happen in case of missiles launches from Pakistan side some will got through and hit targets. When I talked about reinventing wheel I never meant about buying, i was referring to TOT and learning from what China offer in terms of tech available same has happened since decades between China and Pakistan. Its called knowledge and expertise sharing.
oh really tell me which kind of SAM system you have can intercept Bhramos im too curious to know thanks in advance

but now you your talking about sharing tech and TOT with china to develop those in house .... well good luck if china shares its laser weapons tech with pakistan ... god bless china :D

as for knowledge sharing in this kind of cutting edge well sir no one shares it with you until or unless you have developed something of that kind already in house hope you get my point sir

now lets get back to the topic of the thread shall we :azn:

Back
Top Bottom