What's new

BrahMos Mini planned for Navy, Air Force

I seriously doubt a fighter jet can have a radar with 1500 km range . As of now as far as I know the most advanced 4++ fighter jet su 35 itself as the range of 400 km at more or less 5/6 rcs .
No sir i am not talking about radar of a fighter jet i am talking about this type of radar...

EL-M-2080_Green_Pine.jpg

Oh come on
No sir i am not talking about radar of a fighter jet i am Israel g about this type of radar...

View attachment 139019
Oh bobmarley ! I was talking about fighter jet radars . Its good we have used our own radar for AMD etc . With the help of Israeli of course . But what about the radar super sukoi will have .
. To detect and track targets at the range of more than 300 km if have to he bramos on target .... Any idea. And I also read that bramos mini can be carried on Rafael as well

As A sea radar range can only be increase by increasing the radar size itself ..

Oh come on

Oh bobmarley ! I was talking about fighter jet radars . Its good we have used our own radar for AMD etc . With the help of Israeli of course . But what about the radar super sukoi will have .
. To detect and track targets at the range of more than 300 km if have to he bramos on target .... Any idea. And I also read that bramos mini can be carried on Rafael as well

As A sea radar range can only be increase by increasing the radar size itself ..

Super sukhoi will have this radar Zhuk (radar) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ( go to link on this page and then this
Zhuk-A (Export Designation Zhuk-AE) )..... :-)
+ a parallel project for another radar is also underway with improved range and that can track upto 64 targets....:cheers:

Oh come on

Brahmos is not a radar guided missile, and wont require any active guidance from the launching aircraft. The guidance is provided by INS/G3oM.

if a fighter carries only 1 or 2 minis,then it is waste to develop minis for iaf. It must carry 3 minis under its wings and belly.

MKI will be able to carry up to 3, but that's theoretical since you don't need to carry such a heavy load by a single fighter. Carrying 1 or 2 will be the most likely scenario.

How many versions are being developed for Airforce..? The airforce version was named : Brahmos-A. Now this Brahmos-Mini.

Brahmos 1 - the current version is developed for the use from land based launchers, naval vessels and now is under development for submarine launchers as well as being used from the MKI. The missile more or less remains the same, just with minor modifications for the launch platform or the role (anti ship / land attack).

Brahmos M - is a re-design of the current version, aimed on the same variety of platforms, but will not only include new systems like a new propulsion, but also will take advantage of the smaller size and weight to increase it's potential

Brahmos 2 - will be a complete new devleopment, based on the know how and experience we gained of the former versions and aimed on the same variety of platforms again. But unlike the former it will include complete new design, techs and systems.

So any Brahmos development is aimed on platforms of all 3 forces, with minor modifications. The IAF gets an air launched Brahmos 1 now, will get air launched Brahmos M later and when Brahmos 2 will be ready, they will also get it for their aircrafts.

Brahmos is not a radar guided missile, and wont require any active guidance from the launching aircraft. The guidance is provided by INS/G3oM.
The target as t be locked up home bramos at them . Hopefully to shatter the invading fighter group in the mid air or on fighter itself. So for this you need radar . When we have missile to fire 250 km aways we also need a Active Radar with the range of at least 400 /450 km . That's what am asked him... now know the super sukoi radar might be close to 400 km .. its pretty good I say

Think of the following:

10 Astra = 1 Brahmos mini (weight wise)

But not each hardpoint can carry the same weight! The first Brahmos will have a weight of 2.5t and only after dedicated modifications, the centerlinestation of the MKI will be able to carry it. Brahmos M is planned around 1.5t each and the MKI has 3 stations that can carry such heavy loads.

But not each hardpoint can carry the same weight! The first Brahmos will have a weight of 2.5t and only after dedicated modifications, the centerlinestation of the MKI will be able to carry it. Brahmos M is planned around 1.5t each and the MKI has 3 stations that can carry such heavy loads.

If I was HAL, I would be very curious as to how the Brahmos design could be used for a further development of the Astra. The Brahmos-M for e.g. has excellent potential to be a competitor to the Novator 100. A smaller missile, but designed around the same ramjet principle would make for a fairly long ranged AAM.

Yes!
They draw the line on center of gravity.
You can have 3 (one belly and two in the wings) or 2 on wing....But you cant have one in the center belly and the 2nd on other wing...
Also the take off weight/load sustenance is considered before any fixed configuration assigned to any fighter on this issue..

In the military, a station can also be called weapons station. Unlike civilian aircraft NATO aircraft frame strength is required to remain without detrimental deformations at 115 percent of the limit or specified loads, and without structural failure at ultimate loads. Most stations of on a military aircraft serve to carry pods or weapons. A minor number of stations can also serve to carry external fuel tanks. These stations are called wet, a general aeronautic term referring to usage of fuel like wet thrust. The term wet is also carried over to the adapters, such as a pylon.

If I was HAL, I would be very curious as to how the Brahmos design could be used for a further development of the Astra. The Brahmos-M for e.g. has excellent potential to be a competitor to the Novator 100. A smaller missile, but designed around the same ramjet principle would make for a fairly long ranged AAM.

Double the weight between the two. Novator-100 = AWAC killer is half the weight of BrahMos-M

what is it ? 1500 km .. For this Active radar should be much bigger than ac nose ..
LRTR is being used by Indian defense forces for long range missile tracking and acting as a antimissile radar. It can also track many arial targets with fairly quite long range. It will acts as a radar multiplier for our arial fleet.

Back
Top Bottom