What's new

Brace for two-front war, Indian Army told

exactly...its isnt easy at all...whatever you said is absouloutely correct.and this is the reason why the India is upgrading its armed forces so rapidly...so that in case a war happens we can defend ourslves affectively...this is the reason why the new orders from the Govt. of preparing ourselves for multiple front wars (by two fronts they meant two enemies)....this order does not mean we are preparing to attack any one or going into a war.

Also I cant remember the name of the area on the eastern side of Bangladesh, but the land connecting main land india to that state is very small, and I am sure that the Chinese will have that in mind. Imagine what that will do to the physique if the Chinese manage to take control of that area and split the 2 parts, by splitting I mean that to cut the supply route by land.

Fair enough Khan saab.

Now lets look at it from a realistic point of view. Can india sustain a war with 2 countries not at 2 fronts as per say but at many fronts.

china-map-location.gif

Now the indian border with China expands from Kashmir to Nepal, then between nepal and Bhutan, and then from Bhutan to Burma. Then the indian border with Pakistan is a huge one. It will be a logistical nightmare for the indian army to run across at multiple fronts with the opposition continuously bombing the supply lines.

1. First of all logistical nightmare etc. are not your problem, you are not suppose to provide it.

2. What India is doing is 100% correct and its right. We are preparing for our defense.

I will give you a example: suppose there is a big fire in your house and you are alone at that time, obviously you can't extingush fire single handidly but you will do your best to save your house.

The Indian Army is doing the same.

Also I cant remember the name of the area on the eastern side of Bangladesh, but the land connecting main land india to that state is very small, and I am sure that the Chinese will have that in mind. Imagine what that will do to the physique if the Chinese manage to take control of that area and split the 2 parts, by splitting I mean that to cut the supply route by land.

chicken neck area is geographically narrow, but most "wide" as far as indian army deployment. Chinese cannot come anywhere near it and will be obliterated within a safer periphery.

The possibility of this area being invaded by chinese is as remote as india invading Tibet first and then going into china.

Every country has such seemingly weak spots and means and mechanisms to secure them are planned beforehand.

Not quite so. All the key confrontation points are being fortified with static formations, array of radars, artilleries, missile batteries.

The problems that india might face will also be faced by our enemy as they will have to deal with the logistics on their side too.

So, the cold start doctrine adapted by india deals exclusively with this. This doctrine envisages silencing the irritant within a limited time frame and then concentrating on the real enemy.

Any doctrine on paper looks deadly and great because it is on paper, you can never guarantee the success of it till it is implemented on the real scenario. But then the success of that particular doctrine will always depend on every thing going according to plan, and you enemy making all the mistakes that you want them to make. But you can never be so sure that what your enemy will throw back at you, and a small thing might just change the whole scenario rapidly.

Now coming to the positioning of man and machine, all those will need reinforcements, and resupplied on continuous bases. You cant place all your ammo close to the border and be done with it, so that is the supply line I am talking about. The food will have to be resupplied time and again, the ammo, men will have to be moved according to the need. And when I said the problem faced by the Indian army, you cant compare it to the Chinese or the Pakistanis as they will be fighting on their respective fronts, and not all over. The Pakistani army will not have to worry about the Chinese front, at least on the logistical bases, and the same will be true for the Chinese. But on the contrary the Indians will be swimming in a completely different pond all together. not only it will be a fight against 2 enemies but a fight of shifting scenarios and a fight where any preplanned well evaluated strategy can fail just by a counter measure of other side based on the scenario on hand.
:pakistan:

1. First of all logistical nightmare etc. are not your problem, you are not suppose to provide it.

2. What India is doing is 100% correct and its right. We are preparing for our defense.

I will give you a example: suppose there is a big fire in your house and you are alone at that time, obviously you can't extingush fire single handidly but you will do your best to save your house.

The Indian Army is doing the same.

Well First of all we are discussing all the possible scenarios here, so I would rather appreciate a better tone of voice with relation to point 1.

I am sure that your country is doing that what is needed to take care of its defenses. Now if my house was on fire and I was alone at that time. I will definitely try to do what ever I can but at the same time, I will also try to alert some neighbors or some one who can render some help, as I cant go at it alone. But at the same time we try to cover all the points before hand to make sure that such a fire dont arises at the first place. So that is what we are looking at, it is india that is worried about the 2 front war scenario, so that is what we are talking about that where is the akiles heal when it comes to the indian army, and its defenses.

Fair enough Khan saab.

Now lets look at it from a realistic point of view. Can india sustain a war with 2 countries not at 2 fronts as per say but at many fronts.

Now the indian border with China expands from Kashmir to Nepal, then between nepal and Bhutan, and then from Bhutan to Burma. Then the indian border with Pakistan is a huge one. It will be a logistical nightmare for the indian army to run across at multiple fronts with the opposition continuously bombing the supply lines.

You speak as if we had a choice. In 1971 too we had to factor in a two front war- remember we waited for winters so that the chinese couldn't move in? If in the last 40 years the chinese have built those capabilities to wage all weather war- through largest more numerous airlifts/trasport planes, railway tracks, tunnels etc. then the snow/ winter will not be a detterent anymore and we will have to necessarily factor in going to war with china if we went to war with Pak. It's as simple as that.

the land lies in Siliguri in west bengal...its a narrow strip connecting the eastern India with rest of India..and its not in the East of Bangladesh but actually in the North West of bangladesh..in the East of bangladesh lies Assam..

to the main topic...

no its not possible for any external force including PLA to take this area...its one of the most heavily and advanced troop deployment there all round the year...its place lies very near to the head quarter of Eastern command of Indian army in kolkata..making it one of the strongest areas in India...the area is called chicken neck for its shape..

You speak as if we had a choice. In 1971 too we had to factor in a two front war- remember we waited for winters so that the chinese couldn't move in? If in the last 40 years the chinese have built those capabilities to wage all weather war- through largest more numerous airlifts/trasport planes, railway tracks, tunnels etc. then the snow/ winter will not be a detterent anymore and we will have to necessarily factor in going to war with china if we went to war with Pak. It's as simple as that.

In 71 many other things happened so that is neither the point of discussion nor the topics, and that will start a whole variety of another debates so lets stick to today shall we.

Any doctrine on paper looks deadly and great because it is on paper, you can never guarantee the success of it till it is implemented on the real scenario. But then the success of that particular doctrine will always depend on every thing going according to plan, and you enemy making all the mistakes that you want them to make. But you can never be so sure that what your enemy will throw back at you, and a small thing might just change the whole scenario rapidly.

Now coming to the positioning of man and machine, all those will need reinforcements, and resupplied on continuous bases. You cant place all your ammo close to the border and be done with it, so that is the supply line I am talking about. The food will have to be resupplied time and again, the ammo, men will have to be moved according to the need. And when I said the problem faced by the Indian army, you cant compare it to the Chinese or the Pakistanis as they will be fighting on their respective fronts, and not all over. The Pakistani army will not have to worry about the Chinese front, at least on the logistical bases, and the same will be true for the Chinese. But on the contrary the Indians will be swimming in a completely different pond all together. not only it will be a fight against 2 enemies but a fight of shifting scenarios and a fight where any preplanned well evaluated strategy can fail just by a counter measure of other side based on the scenario on hand.
:pakistan:

If indian supply line can be threatened, then chinese supply line could also be threatened by india. India will be as well entrenched within their positions as the china.

Do not imaging india moving forces from one front to another. If you think that, you are wrong. Two fronts will have separate well thoughtout mechanisms in place under two separate command structures and back ups. Indians will be so well entrenched in the mountains that chinese will find it difficult to come any closer.

Remember, to destroy indian supply routes, chinese forces or planes will have to come dangerously close to our border and if they do you can imaging the result.

Cold start doctrine is not based on enemy making mistakes, but rather on what best enemy has or is likely to have with multiple redundancies.

You are missing the biggest point here.

China will not go for full fledged war against India, even small war will be their last resort.

Because in war with Pakistan we are capable for taking care of + we have friends like Russia, Israel.

But in case of war with China:

a. USA will also intervene.
b. China is not foolish that it will fight with us and allow US to interfere.
c. China can't take a risk of its growing image as military power what a image blunder it will be if china get defeated or can't defeat India? Because of xyz factor.

India is not bullying anyone or claiming that we will run over china. But fan boy of china should also remember china has a very vast territory to defend.

Not only against India but from South Korea, Taiwan, Japan and USA.

It is correct to say that India's resources will be divided in two front war but fan boy of china are forgetting that its same for the China also, their resources will also divided to guard against India from one side, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, USA from another and Mongolia/Russia from other side.

Well this over reaction in this forum by Pakistani members is nothing new.
when this two front war doctrine was first unveiled last year there was a huge reaction in pakistan with ministers, bureaucrats TV anchors and journalists all joined in.

We know that china wants an opportunity to attack India. So we are preparing for it.We do have substantial capability against China .Only thing is
there are "gaps" in our prepared ness which we have to fill.

When we become stronger then China will STAY AWAY from a future India Pakistan conflict . This is bothering pakistan

Dude what had bothered us about this statement is that when the GOP continuously push for the talks and stabilizing relations with India then why these statements keep coming out. I remember that right when the PA moved some battalion from the border with India to Afghanistan, there came a study report from the IA or some institute in India that was talking about that how this will help the IA. Now what that does is that it in returns put more pressure on the PA to be more vigilant on the border with India and to devote its resources away from the WOT to counter any adventures from the other side. I hope you get the scenario.

In 71 many other things happened so that is neither the point of discussion nor the topics, and that will start a whole variety of another debates so lets stick to today shall we.
Point is simple-

a) Two front was is not a new thing
b) We had to factor it even in 1971
c) We have to factor it even today

Well there is no point in talking scenarios with some of you, now I am Chinese fan boy. Well my POV stands as it will be a logistical suicide to go to war with enemies who can stand up to you and fight on 2 fronts. Which ever army had tried it in the past had end up losing. Looking at it from todays prospective, Why do you think that the Germans lost in WW1, the Turks lost in WW1, Hitler lost in WW2, the Japanese WW2, The Americans Vietnam as they opened many fronts, the Americans in Iraq, in Afghanistan, the Russians in Afghanistan. The last 3 wars that I have mentioned are not 2 front wars, but still wars which are hard to fight because their supplies are stretched to the limit.

End of the discussion from my side.

It is correct to say that India's resources will be divided in two front war but fan boy of china are forgetting that its same for the China also, their resources will also divided to guard against India from one side, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, USA from another and Mongolia/Russia from other side.

And you think that all these countries will come to your aid for what! They would love to see the Chines the Indians and the Pakistanis to fight to the end so that they can have their way with us again.
:wave:

indian army must be under a lot of pressure to prepare a two front war every two month.......

Secondly,send the tibetians specially who are working in our forces for covert operations behind enemy lines in the Tibetian sector.

Thirdly ask Dalai lama to tell people of Tibet to start protesting againgst the chinese and stop co-operating with the Chinese govt.
what if the 15th dalai or Panchen ask tibetians to fight india govt... actully ,PLA got great supports from tibetians in 1962,it's probably because no one wants to go back to feudal society and being the slave .....

India can actually win this two front war,

1) Tell chinese it would be all out nuke war if you dared to move even a inch into india's territory (China is more worried about its economy and cities than its all weather ally pakistan) so chinese would definetely wont poke their nose.

2) keep the offensive front with pakistan.

3) Tell chinese if pakistan uses nukes then again there would be all out nuke war with nukes falling from bejining to karachi.

great......now indian is thinking about nuking Beijing while india just got this ability......china should've tried to use our counters 20 years ago

China will commit suicide if it rages war against India,half of the Chinese goods are sold in India.And if a War strikes, do you think Indian govt.will allow the Chinese goods to flow in?

that would be 700B$ goods.....just wonder,how many indian think so.........

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom