What's new

Boycott of Chinese goods fails in festive season, sale hits record high...

The problem is that basically every manufactured product in the world has something to do with the Chinese supply chain, even if it does not say Made in China. The components inside will almost certainly have come from China or passed through some part of our global supply chain.

Which means the only real way to boycott China would be to boycott all manufactured products completely, including the computer and smartphone you are using. :P

100% true mate. Even the so called western equipments that we get to buy has something or the other made in China. Its really difficult to boycott you guys these days:P

Boycott has hit at local level. Also watch ndtvindia report today, boycott hs hit atleast 30%.

Its not that easy mate to boycott Chinese goods. Even if the general public finds success in boycotting a 100% made in China product, there would always be an indirect Chinese connection to the everyday products we used.

No refurbished iPhone is allowed to sell in India ,it's a policy decision. india is not China

You are right, otherwise lot of more Indians would get to use iPhones. Thanks for the decision of Indian Gov, it is a good news for Chinese phone makers. Come to think about it, they are all Made in China anyway.

100% true mate. Even the so called western equipments that we get to buy has something or the other made in China. Its really difficult to boycott you guys these days:P

Its not that easy mate to boycott Chinese goods. Even if the general public finds success in boycotting a 100% made in China product, there would always be an indirect Chinese connection to the everyday products we used.
And when one boycotts made-in-China, they are actually boycotting made-in-China/Japan/SK.
When they buy made-in-india, they are actually buying made-in-China/Japan/SK.
The supply chain is always unmoved, though the assembling line could be in any country.

You are right, otherwise lot of more Indians would get to use iPhones. Thanks for the decision of Indian Gov, it is a good news for Chinese phone makers. Come to think about it, they are all Made in China anyway.

Hope they can buy more brand new iPhone when their middle class is so splendid.

Revenue of Apple by country:region to the q3 of 2016 (in billion U.S. dollars).jpg

And when one boycotts made-in-China, they are actually boycotting made-in-China/Japan/SK.
When they buy made-in-india, they are actually buying made-in-China/Japan/SK.
The supply chain is always unmoved, though the assembling line could be in any country.

Hope they can buy more brand new iPhone when their middle class is so splendid.

View attachment 344649

I disagree.. You cannot state the same for all the products. The supply chain does move and has moved quite a bit with the Indian industry picking up pace. Our SME's have got quite a boost and they have been remarkable in bringing down the scale of imports from a foreign country. Present govt. is very aggressive on SME's and hopefully this would change the entire supply chain structure of the country and probably even the world. We look upto china for its manufacturing power house.

I disagree.. You cannot state the same for all the products. The supply chain does move and has moved quite a bit with the Indian industry picking up pace. Our SME's have got quite a boost and they have been remarkable in bringing down the scale of imports from a foreign country. Present govt. is very aggressive on SME's and hopefully this would change the entire supply chain structure of the country and probably even the world. We look upto china for its manufacturing power house.
You are not competing with China, but the entire supply chain in East Asia-ASEAN.
This supply chain is for export to the whole world, for its innovation, efficiency and productivity.
Any country can have some smart phone industry, China has set up factories in Brazil.
But it does not mean the supply chain has moved.
Actually, if you study the number, the supply chain has just been strengthened year by year.
The electronics export from this region is bigger than any year.

Apple supply chain in Asia
apple supply chain in asia.jpg

So this factory is an existing facility, not a greenfield project. That means Huawei is only outsourcing assembly to India. This is not manufacturing, because China is merely shipping half-assembled phones to India to be snapped together and put in boxes. India should aspire to Make in India, not Assembled in India.
They cannot.... They have to make in india to run from heavy anti-dumping duty. Hence, even apple cannot sell refurbished phones in india.

24 million? That's it? Are you sure? I ask because Indians love to talk endlessly about their 400 or 600 million middle class consumers. If India only has 24 million people in the middle class, then why should anyone care about India's consumer market?
Here you go..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_of_living_in_India

You are not competing with China, but the entire supply chain in East Asia-ASEAN.
This supply chain is for export to the whole world, for its innovation, efficiency and productivity.
Any country can have some smart phone industry, China has set up factories in Brazil.
But it does not mean the supply chain has moved.
Actually, if you study the number, the supply chain has just been strengthened year by year.
The electronics export from this region is bigger than any year.

Apple supply chain in Asia
View attachment 344665

Don't bother, most Indians don't actually understand what a "supply chain" is. There is no point in explaining anything to them because they don't have the time to listen. All they want to do is talk, talk, and talk.

Don't bother, most Indians don't actually understand what a "supply chain" is. There is no point in explaining anything to them because they don't have the time to listen. All they want to do is talk, talk, and talk.
I find it weird too.
I assume indians here at least have access to electricity and smart phone, supposed to be better informed and less ignorant.
I was shocked to read a comment yesterday, that infrastructure was not important in E-commerce.

I find it weird too.
I assume indians here at least have access to electricity and smart phone, supposed to be better informed and less ignorant.
I was shocked to read a comment yesterday, that infrastructure was not important in E-commerce.

Nothing surprise. If their top scientists can believe that Indians did space flights thousands of years ago, of course those "better informed" Indian keyboard warriors can believe that goods and services can be delivered wirelessly with their 2g network.

Nothing surprise. If their top scientists can believe that Indians did space flights thousands of years ago, of course those "better informed" Indian keyboard warriors can believe that goods and services can be delivered wirelessly with their 2g network.

2g network? I see what you did there. :-)

2G network? :o:

Back
Top Bottom