What's new

‘Boycott’ campaign takes toll on Muree tourism

I personally had an experience where I found myself helpless surrounded by people after my family Shot some balloons with guns and I was asked to pay 3000 for merely a dozen of shots. Things were about to escalate when I decided to pay them.

people are really bad in muree..personal experience been there once and vowed never to go again
Me too. Last time I visited Muree in 1998 and decided not to visit again.. We were eating in a restaurant and my friend had a very expensive camera (with lens). He put that camera on the table.. We were the only ones in that restaurant at 11:00 pm.. Suddenly, someone turned off the lights and it became too dark to see.. Then someone came and pick the camera.. we couldn't see the face.. It was a quick operation.. he just came near, picked up something (we didn't realize he was stealing the camera, we thought he was a waiter who came to put a plate or something) and then in 2-3 minutes, lights turned on.. we saw, there was everything on the table except camera.. We knew that restaurant owner was involved.. but couldn't do anything..

There are three alternative locations more closer to the majority of the population that should be developed to ive the population choices of Murree acts up.

1. For Karachi, Southern Sindh, and Southern Baluchistan there is a mountain plateau on the M-7 100 km north of Karachi with favorable weather.
2. for Northern Sindh, Southern Punjab, Northern Baluchistan and Southern KPK; Fort Munro
3. For Northern Punjab and Central and North KPK, there is Sakesar (this would be the best weather wise and space wise for development; and closer to more people via the new highway network)

IF these locations are developed, Murree will be sunk, and begging people to come back.

I visited muree only few times and due to my last visit 10 years back I decided not to visit that place again, My visit was not planned but have to go there to with my friend...we went visited a cafeteria just to have one cup of tea and ordered the same but waiter came with big try full of rotten pastries, cakes...we refuse to accept this order and only take two cups of tee and when we about to pay bill we shocked to see 950 rupee bill for two cups of tee, upon inquiry they informed us that even we returned other things they still have to charge since they don't sell only tee but full package.

After 30 mins of verbal fight my friend paid the bill.

Murree used to be nice city and my family had a summer house near Cecil but the people of Murree have become too materialistic, greedy and uncourteous especially towards the tourists. Now it gets overcrowded, unclean and unwelcoming. Overall, the nations values are degrading...corruption induced poverty and lack of business and employment is turning people into insensitive and selfish zombies. It seems barakah is evaporating as more and more people are getting materialistic and resorting haram means to earn their livelihood.

I hope this boycott will teach these unruly people a lesson and they regret their behaviour and mend their ways. They should publicly say sorry, punish those goons who harass the families, throw them out of their city...otherwise tourists won't return.

I visited muree only few times and due to my last visit 10 years back I decided not to visit that place again, My visit was not planned but have to go there to with my friend...we went visited a cafeteria just to have one cup of tea and ordered the same but waiter came with big try full of rotten pastries, cakes...we refuse to accept this order and only take two cups of tee and when we about to pay bill we shocked to see 950 rupee bill for two cups of tee, upon inquiry they informed us that even we returned other things they still have to charge since they don't sell only tee but full package.

After 30 mins of verbal fight my friend paid the bill.
That's not uncommon. Me and family stopped visiting the place a long time despite we have a summer house which my father sold two years ago. It is even worse experience if you visit the place with a family.

Back
Top Bottom