What's new

Both Hal rudra and light combat helicopters are toothless says Indian Army chief Rawat

You are like a bad smell that hangs around.
Dumbest Indian on the net are you not quoting me? Besides I am abusing you
And still you are smelling me around!You are contradictory to yourself.
Have a self respect..
A Pakistani trying to earn two penny of amour propre doesn't count as a abuse to me..
Ciao you are worthless.
:rofl:

Land version of NAG has already been tested successfully last year December during final development trial & entered mass production..

Really? So why do I not see it anywhere? Any clues?

It is, again, a sorry case of too little too late in the day. Like Arjun, it is going to come late. When the missile was needed, it was nowhere (It still has not got the MMW guidance after almost three decades of research)

While user trial of Nag has not even been completed you expect NAMICA and HELINA in?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-DRDO-left-red-faced/articleshow/52861117.cms

Helina will be tested sooner or later..
What did he mean by toothless?

The missile has been under development since 1990 (Nag). You think they would have been able to get the missile done by now .. at least for user trials. That is why army is purchasing Konkurs and Invars?

Toothless means exactly that ..... the LCH and ALH WSI is useless without ATGM.

Weapon integration is already going on.
MoD has already done a 3 Billion emergency procurement deal for ammunition which includes ATGMs..

And it is NOT for NAG/HELINA/NAMICA.

“LCH is ready, we are integrating its weapons, we tried rockets and it was good, we need to try missiles ATGM — anti-tank guided missile, (these) are the ones which we are integrating and we just have to demonstrate that,” the chairman of HAL, Suvarnu Raja told The Times of India.

You answered your question above. It has not been done. Period.

Yo, you are back.
What are Indian plans related to Nag & Namica?
And to what extent these plans are likely to full fill ?

They will go the TD way. Air Launched and ICV versions should be in - with FICV program, which is being sourced to private players. Over longer time frame, Nag will come in, provided it is sourced out to private players for further development under JV which is in offing.

I hover and move, forum had been too toxic over the past few months.

Really? So why do I not see it anywhere? Any clues?

It is, again, a sorry case of too little too late in the day. Like Arjun, it is going to come late. When the missile was needed, it was nowhere (It still has not got the MMW guidance after almost three decades of research)

While user trial of Nag has not even been completed you expect NAMICA and HELINA in?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-DRDO-left-red-faced/articleshow/52861117.cms
Sir I was talking in context of this report that came out last year December..

http://idrw.org/indigenous-nag-atgm-clears-final-developmental-trials/

DRDO developed 3rd Generation fire and forget Nag Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) scored Bull’s eye after it took down a target at 4 km in final developmental trials held by Indian Army in the month of September , making way for the indigenous Anti-tank weapon system to enter mass production . Nag ATGM trials conducted at 28-30 September earlier this year saw NAG using Indigenously developed Thermal Target System (TTS) to identify the Thermal signature of the target located at 3.2km which mimicked an operational T-72 tank . Radio controlled Target was again positioned at 4 km in second trials which followed in the subsequent day and NAG’s TTS was able to mark its target again and attacked mock Tank successfully. The main objective of recent NAG trials was to test missile at its maximum range in adverse conditions . NAG ATGM has a Top attack and Front attack capabilities against static and fast moving Battle tanks and has capabilities to defect heaviest type of armour including reactive and composite armour currently used in current and future generation main battle tanks . DRDO also had developed HeliNa (Helicopter Nag) which is helicopter launch variant of Nag is currently been adapted for HAL Rudra and has a range of 7km.
Although nothing about NAMICA or Helina.. I put my assumption in Helina..

Although nothing about NAMICA or Helina.. I put my assumption in Helina..

And I maintained that what the Chief has said, is accurate. Unfortunately, it is a habit of muzzling the armed forces. The nexus of Bureaucrats and Politicians, again at work.

How is it possible that DRDO makes everything from Cochlear Implants to MREs (and gives licence to Civil Agencies to produce them and sell them in market) yet not one weapon system fructified in time?

Akash did well, got inducted. Limited by time to set up, but a great system for static defence. It is not bad for point defence for large formations either, however, falls a bit short for rapidly moving formations. But then, that can be negated by going in for other systems to augment the layered AAD set up.

The rifles - the retooling of OFB to make INSAS ended up being so costly that had India purchased AKs from Russia instead of Bulgaria, it could have purchased for 100% of Indian Army and saved money on it too. The cost per weapon was roughly 2.3 times the cost of purchase from outside.

Why, and I again reiterate it, is it so difficult to understand that today the world is more integrated than ever and what technology you need, you can buy instead of spending billions developing?

US uses Rhinemetall gun for its tanks. You think it can not develop it's own?

That is just an example.

Similarly, in Indian case, why not pay for the licence to produce the equipment here itself? The problem is, the nexus. The need to perpetuate a program in order to ensure their own employment. DRDO has become a place where top brains are recruited and made useless by the sheer apathy.

With Modi's MII, the stress is NOT on developing tech alone, but to make it in India, the equipment, whatever it may be, with whosoever's technology. The aim is to allow people in India to work here, in India, to make the same things that we need, instead of providing jobs outside the nation. That an ecosystem will come into place to use this opportunity for in-house innovation and development of tech is an ancillary advantage of significant importance and hence is what is being highlighted.

The first and foremost aim behind MII is to get jobs in India by spending the same money that we do now, but only outside!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom