What's new

Border talks: How India plays into China's hands

Countries which should concentrate on domestic upliftment (India , China and Pakistan) instead spend billions of dollars annually to saber rattle at each other and their population feel gratified by this approach? The funny part of it all is that they usually have border disputes over useless parts of land such as glaciers which is really of no financial benefit to them. Imagine the status of South Asia if this money was used to fight poverty and malnutrition in the whole of South Asia instead of purchasing guns and fancy aeroplanes? No wonder the west gloats at our stupidity

But thats what China is doing as well which the writer feels is a trick by China
Jana -

Thats a self prepardness and anybody does it, it doesnt matter.
However if China has to take action if ever the talks fail then they have to take action in coming 4-5 years. because post 4-5 years you can see a massive military build up in India which will be even more difficlut and suicidal for China.

So the future of India and China lies in these 4-5 years, which is very uncertain.
All India can do is, keep China interested in talks and build up its nortth eastern presense.
While China lives with the feeling that its prolongating talks, this prolongation will become fatal for her.

And the military planners in both country surprisingly know about it.

We should have done the following:

1. Build Thermonuclear weapon tested and retested and known to world about it.

2. Build hundreds of nukes.

3. Build large number of ICBM that can target any part of china from anywhere in India.

4. Put these dozens of ICBMs with nukes in mountain tunnels all over the country.

5. More and more Strike corps, Mountain divisions, Artillery, Armour brigades.

6. About 500 Sukhois with 500 ground attack fighters.

7. At least half a dozen Nuke submarines with nuke tipped missiles.

8. Infrastructure for swift movement of troops and supplies.

9. Airbases and at least 100 Boeing CH-47 Chinook.

10. Enemy should know the unbearable cost of any aggression.
Haha :rofl: Dude you sound like a 14 year old kid in school *I want every damn thing.
Honestly schools kids act like this.

Countries which should concentrate on domestic upliftment (India , China and Pakistan) instead spend billions of dollars annually to saber rattle at each other and their population feel gratified by this approach? The funny part of it all is that they usually have border disputes over useless parts of land such as glaciers which is really of no financial benefit to them. Imagine the status of South Asia if this money was used to fight poverty and malnutrition in the whole of South Asia instead of purchasing guns and fancy aeroplanes? No wonder the west gloats at our stupidity

YES, you are absolutely right my dear friend. We should work towards the upliftment of poors and backwards, but how will you be able to do that if you do not have mettle to save your independence from neighbours who are always ready for misadventures.. and btw, the motherland is motherland, wether its glaciers of himalyas or deserts of kutch..and if i'll go by your opinion that we should not care abt "USELESS PARTS OF LAND", then we also give whole kutch area to Pakistan.

☪☪☪☪;970203 said:
Haha :rofl: Dude you sound like a 14 year old kid in school *I want every damn thing.

HE was just telling , the ways to keep the mouth shut of our lovely neighbours, and by god' grace...oh soorry!! by neighbours' misadventures, India is spending so much on defence.

☪☪☪☪;970203 said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kid, china got most of the items i have mentioned when millions of chinese people dieing of hunger, starvation and poverty.

When china was more poor then or less developed then India. If you don't believe me then just Google.

So how they have got all and not India because of simple reason we have neglected this and never want it like anything.

YES, you are absolutely right my dear friend. We should work towards the upliftment of poors and backwards, but how will you be able to do that if you do not have mettle to save your independence from neighbours who are always ready for misadventures.. and btw, the motherland is motherland, wether its glaciers of himalyas or deserts of kutch..and if i'll go by your opinion that we should not care abt "USELESS PARTS OF LAND", then we also give whole kutch area to Pakistan.

But isn't that what Pakistan regularly complains about? That they were awarded territory which is a large part in itself useless, by the Brits? Hence their claim to Kashmir? If redrawing the map of South Asia can be done (obviously with the intent that India does not become a "donor nation") and if this pacifies the neighboring nations to a peacetime mode, wouldn't the sacrifice by these nations be justified in the billions of dollars saved annually and the fact that domestic economic conditions can be addressed at full gear ? Sounds like Utopia but certainly not impossible

What other option according to you or the author is with India to take up??

Our options well here they are:

Political options:

1.Engage in dialogue
2.Never compromise on issues or regions of national importance

Social & economic options:

1. Build the necessary infrastructure e.g Roads, Markets e.t.c
2. Create special economic zones
3. Encourage education in NE states
4. Provide employment and increase the standard of living of the ppl

Military options:

1.Build up defenses
2.Maintain strong mountain divisions ready to be deployed
3.Deploy light Armour units and good artillery support
4.Deploy a strong fleet of Fighters and interceptors
5.Build a strike corp similar to what is deployed in the west.
6.Build an excellent network of Air defences
7. Deploy tactical missiles

Policy:

Simple believe in dialogue take time engage Beijing in dialogue and hope for the best.This time can be used in development of NE and modernize the armed forces.
flagindia.gif

But isn't that what Pakistan regularly complains about? That they were awarded territory which is a large part in itself useless, by the Brits? Hence their claim to Kashmir? If redrawing the map of South Asia can be done (obviously with the intent that India does not become a "donor nation") and if this pacifies the neighboring nations to a peacetime mode, wouldn't the sacrifice by these nations be justified in the billions of dollars saved annually and the fact that domestic economic conditions can be addressed at full gear ? Sounds like Utopia but certainly not impossible
Plant warrior -

Thats a rosy dream, however its not practical as of now. when it happens its good but before that, you know that India cant walk that path alone. That has to come with agreement with 3 nuke powred nation...

and thats a big ego factor. U know what iam saying.

I would like living in reality and face the challenge. You will have to worry about your borders. Your budget need to have substantial amt for defense.

You can only negatite in terms of power and more power. The only thing unfortunate that your resources will be diverted in many channels but thats reality of the land. So better live with it.

So , according to you we should give the land(whatever and wherever they wants) to our neighbours so that they will become peacefull, which ultimately helps building strong economies across south Asia. Its seems India is the Manufacturer of fertile Land, which is transfereeable and India will manufacture it again for itself.:cheesy::rofl:

So the author suggests that there should be no talks and force is the option

No not really that's not what the author is really suggesting and there are a lot of options but all that can be exercised only bt keeping Beijing engaged in talks.

We should have done the following:

1. Build Thermonuclear weapon tested and retested and known to world about it.

2. Build hundreds of nukes.

3. Build large number of ICBM that can target any part of china from anywhere in India.

4. Put these dozens of ICBMs with nukes in mountain tunnels all over the country.

5. More and more Strike corps, Mountain divisions, Artillery, Armour brigades.

6. About 500 Sukhois with 500 ground attack fighters.

7. At least half a dozen Nuke submarines with nuke tipped missiles.

8. Infrastructure for swift movement of troops and supplies.

9. Airbases and at least 100 Boeing CH-47 Chinook.

10. Enemy should know the unbearable cost of any aggression.

Hi can anyone let me know why build thousands of nukes ?
and if we do all of the above we will be the aggressor :what:

Hi can anyone let me know why build thousands of nukes ?
and if we do all of the above we will be the aggressor :what:

Thousand of nukes are just good for counting purpose, btw.. there should an effective detterence system.And If India will have above all, then its not an indicator dat India will be an Aggressor.It also indicates toward a stronger defence, isnt it?

But thats what China is doing as well which the writer feels is a trick by China

Ya i agree with this point of view. But there is so much of talk abt there build up of defenses because India on the other side had not built any of them :woot:

so i guess u got the point. Its only recently we woke up from our slumber again as usual and now we have deployment and build ups in full swing :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom