Bomb defused in Rawalpindi

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

July 11, 2013 Israr Ahmad

RAWALPINDI - The bomb disposal squad defused a bomb planted by unknown miscreants here at Naya Mohala area on Wednesday.

Police informed media that the bomb was planted in sewage line. Police said that local residents informed them that some suspected material was lying in the sewage line at Naya Mohalla. Taking action, police rushed to the scene, cordoned off the whole area and called BDS personnel who defused the bomb. A BDS official told this scribe a total of 500 grams of explosive material was used in the bomb. Rescue 1122 was also called to meet any emergency.

An eyewitness told The Nation that he was passing near the sewage line when he saw the wires and a bundle of wooden sticks tied together with electric wires. "I have never ever witnessed this kind of thing in my life that is why I got alarmed and immediately informed the police," he added. When contacted, SHO Basharat Abbasi confirmed the incident, saying some unknown miscreants planted the bomb. He said that a private school was located nearby the place where bomb was planted. However, this school was closed owing to summer vacations, he said.

well atleast ISI and GHQ are informed about the security of their own place if not entire pakistan

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom