What's new

Bolstered by Indian Deals, Israeli Arms Export Up 40% in 2017

dani191

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Bolstered by Indian Deals, Israeli Arms Export Up 40% in 2017
Israel has a major advantage among global arms exporters as it can often market its arms as "battle-tested"
Omri Milman and Lilach Baumer10:3103.05.18
The export of Israeli arms reached $9.2 billion in 2017, up 41.5% from 2016, according to data released by the Israeli ministry of defense Wednesday. The dramatic increase was buttressed by $2 billion-worth of missile system deals signed between state-owned Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) and India.

For daily updates, subscribe to our newsletter by clicking here.

Israel is among the top ten countries exporting arms, with the U.S. and Russia holding first and second place, respectively. Weapon sales are on the rise globally since the early 2000, and Israel has a major advantage as it can often market its exports as "battle-tested" due to its continuing conflict with the Palestinians.

UNDSC00867_l.jpg
Autonomous Vehicle by Elbit Systems. Photo: Elbit Systems

The rise in worldwide weapon sales is reflected in Israeli export; in 2016 Israel exports netted $6.5 billion, and in 2015 $5.7 billion.

Europe accounts for 21% of Israel's export in 2017, and North America for 14%, according to ministry data, while Israel's major clients, 58%, are in Asia and the Pacific. According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute's arms transfer report for 2017, published in March, India accounted for 49% of Israel's arms export in 2013-2017, making Israel the third largest supplier to India.

In 2017 alone, India accounted for almost a third of Israel's arms export, the ministry's head of the export division Michel Ben-Baruch told reporters, adding that most professional partnerships develop over a long period of time.

In January, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made a state visit to India, reciprocating a visit Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi made to Israel in July. No Indian prime minister visited Israel since India’s independence, while Mr. Netanyahu’s visit was the first Israeli state visit to India in 15 years. Messrs. Modi and Netanyahu signed multiple collaboration pacts, including agreements regarding cybersecurity, energy, films, and air transportation, signaling the partnership between the two countries could expand beyond their major arms collaboration.

Netanyahu’s visit came shortly after the Indian Defense Ministry announced the cancellation of a $500 million deal signed in 2016 to purchase anti-tank guided missiles from Israeli state-owned defense contractor Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd. Efforts to reinstate the deal were part of January’s discussions.

More and more countries want to relocate industry, manufacturing and knowledge to their own territories, Mr. Ben-Baruch said, meaning an increase in Israeli collaboration. Furthermore, he explained, more countries nowadays want to export to countries Israel does not trade with directly, and that has advantages for Israel as long as its vetted by the ministry.
Related stories:

The deals with India are reflected in the segmentation of 2017's exports: missiles and aerial defense systems accounted for 31%. Other significant domains were radar and electronic warfare (17%), avionics (14%), communication (9%), and defense systems for land (9%).

The market share of each Israeli arms company wasn't disclosed, but the ministry disclosed most of the export is divided between the industry's four largest defenses manufacturers: IAI, Rafael, IMI Systems, and Elbit Systems Ltd.
https://www.calcalistech.com/ctech/articles/0,7340,L-3737331,00.html

I want Tavor 7& with a 18 inch barrel as Indian Future Infantry Rifle made in india with complete TOT form IWI and aquipp full indian army & BSF with it at least a Million men

I want Tavor 7& with a 18 inch barrel as Indian Future Infantry Rifle made in india with complete TOT form IWI and aquipp full indian army & BSF with it at least a Million men

Supa powa!!!!

burn baby burn ... buying technollgy is not begging from yamrica bagdurr or all weather firaands like some nation on owr west does :sarcastic:

Why would i burn lmao!!! All i said was "shupa powa" ....:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Mangoori laal k haseen sapnay...
Mungeri+Lal+Ke+Haseen+Sapne.jpg

well your coming on a thread about israeli arms to india in itself shows your Burns and Butt hurt :haha: :omghaha:

If we go by your logic your coming on a pakistani defence forum is a burns and butt hurt by default!!!

If we go by your logic your coming on a pakistani defence forum is a burns and butt hurt by default!!!
you or people like you will never be able to understand my logic to come on PDF :haha:

well your coming on a thread about israeli arms to india in itself shows your Burns and Butt hurt :haha: :omghaha:
and you coming on a Pakistan forum after being humiliated thousands of time shows that your butt has depleted due to all those burns you got here

and you coming on a Pakistan forum after being humiliated thousands of time shows that your butt has depleted due to all those burns you got here
here comes another one :haha:

i come here and you humiliate me cause you are jealous of my nations progress and are having a acute sense of inferiorty complex towards my nation and i find an extreme pleasure rubbing that sense of humiliation and frustation and helpessless in you guys :haha:

think about it which you guys call "butt hurt" or all those hindu wadi or sanghi or all that :blah blah:

People like me dont give an eff about you bharatis!!
still you keep answering me so much for logic and so called gahirat mand and zinda quamiyat :haha:

here comes another one :haha:

i come here and you humiliate me cause you are jealous of my nations progress and are having a acute sense of inferiorty complex towards my nation and i find an extreme pleasure rubbing that sense of humiliation and frustation and helpessless in you guys :haha:

think about it which you guys call "butt hurt" or all those hindu wadi or sanghi or all that :blah blah:

still you keep answering me so much for logic and so called gahirat mand and zinda quamiyat :haha:

Oh chacha!! All i said was shupa powa aur tumharay pechwaray main aag lag gaye!!! Apni aag ko thanda karo chacha..yeh tera baap ka ghar nahi hai

Oh chacha!! All i said was shupa powa aur tumharay pechwaray main aag lag gaye!!! Apni aag ko thanda karo chacha..yeh tera baap ka ghar nahi hai
burn baby burn but india will keep buying best and most leathel weapons from Israel , USA , UK, France, Russia & Japan and we are paying them all in cash we are not asking either for SOFT LOANS or asking for askaree IMdaad or Bheek from all weather firaands or yamrikaa bahadur in fancy names like

transactional relationship :omghaha:

war remmitence :haha:

or kahir janne do

sanuki.jpg

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom