What's new

Bollywood movie recommendation?

I would recommend you this.. one of my favorite movies..

Last edited by a moderator:
Dulhan hum le jaayenge.
how about another movie i don't know the name

Its about a girl and a guy (cant remember names), but this girl have 3 big brothers or 3 uncles.

To marry the girl he most past those 3 persons. One of them are wrestler, the other one is dancer, and the third is a religious person.

There are all great. But my favourites are Lata ji and Asha Bhonsle. Also Manna Dey
I also like Adnan Sami.
pakistani singers are better i think indian member agree with me
noor jahan
nusrat fath ali khan
medhi hasan
junoon band
amnant ali etc

Selam everybody

I'm a huge bollywood fan and would like to exchange opinions.

I'm new here but i can already see that there is lot of members from India.

Anyways here some movies i have seen an made deep impression on me:

Anwar (Really formidable movie btw)
3 Idiors
Fanaa
Guzarish
Bodyguard
Guru
Rockstar
Rab ne banadi Jodi

I had a movie in mind too with Shakur Khan as a injured former football player but forgot the name.

I hope people can give some movie advises. :D And if its possible not too mainstream garbage. (No prejudice)

If you don't want mainstream,
1) Shor in the city(Thriller)
2) Aamir(Emotional thriller)
3) Ek Chalis ki last local(Dark comedy)
4) Shanghai(Political Thriller)

If you don't want mainstream,
1) Shor in the city(Thriller)
2) Aamir(Emotional thriller)
3) Ek Chalis ki last local(Dark comedy)
4) Shanghai(Political Thriller)

You like thriller i guess. I have seen Aamir really good movie indeed.
By mainstream i mean low coast budget films, or films with no message in it.

For example the lates movie i heard about "Ra One"

Its just as saying that Hollywood movies is all about gun fights, car chases & explosions and Hong Kong movies is all about Kung Fu.
yes thats true but all Im saying is that there was a time u could watch bollywood movies with your kids or family but now almost every movies has vulgar language and sexual acts..

yes thats true but all Im saying is that there was a time u could watch bollywood movies with your kids or family but now almost every movies has vulgar language and sexual acts..
true story...that's why guys can take their gf without being stopped by theirb parents to watch it with them....and guy n gal went to movie never watch it....:kiss3:

Well there is always Karan Johar type films but for me I like the new age films which are more down to earth , where heroes and heroines don't live in palatial houses and drink tea on the slopes of Alps.

how about romantic comedies people? i Know your all very political etc.

But you never watch romantic comedy in bollywood? :D

You like thriller i guess. I have seen Aamir really good movie indeed.
By mainstream i mean low coast budget films, or films with no message in it.

For example the lates movie i heard about "Ra One"

how about romantic comedies people? i Know your all very political etc.

But you never watch romantic comedy in bollywood? :D

Actually most of the good movies in bollywood these days are only thrillers.
Vicky Donor is the only romantic comedy I liked in a very long time. Band Baaja Baaraat is another.

Swades is old but has very good romantic scenes. Although it is not a comedy, I think you will like it.

Mr.India,great movie.I was a kid then when i first watched it.Even bought a red sun glass hoping to see mr.India through the glass.lol
Bugambo kushi hoya:D

You should come here and see me how I enjoy the songs to the movie "Rockstar" :)

Actually there is many words in your language that have the same pronouncement and meaning.

Heaven, God, etc. i hope to learn urdu someday, i know hindi and urdu is not the same. :)

Anybody knows it?

I dont think urdu will be difficult for you. 'Urdu' itself is a Turkish word (Ordu). The language is mainly inspired by Persian, Arabic and Turkish with a local mix of Hindi. I have heard, and I cant confirm it, that the grammar of Turkish and urdu are very similar. Thats why its easy people who speak urdu to learn Turkish quickly :)

Mr.India,great movie.I was a kid then when i first watched it.Even bought a red sun glass hoping to see mr.India through the glass.lol
Bugambo kushi hoya:D

mogambo-khush-hua-heavyweight-men-s-tee_design.png

I dont think urdu will be difficult for you. 'Urdu' itself is a Turkish word (Ordu). The language is mainly inspired by Persian, Arabic and Turkish with a local mix of Hindi. I have heard, and I cant confirm it, that the grammar of Turkish and urdu are very similar. Thats why its easy people who speak urdu to learn Turkish quickly :)

Yes, some songs i listen to in bollywood movies have same words like in turkish. and those words mainly have roots in the Arabic Islamic language. Therefor I truly agree with you. In past five years i have tried hard to understand my own language. Not only modern Turkish but also old Turkish. I'm planing to use it in my wish to learn Arabic. Once i have learned these two, I'm sure i could have it easy on understanding Urdu. But as a Muslim i must learn Arabic first :)

Back
Top Bottom