What's new

Bollywood, give us something new!

Two readers take on this..

No one is forcing you to watch those movies.
They are commercial movies, not art movies. They want to make money and hell yeah they are bloody good at it. Hence such movies keep coming again n again. Bollywood is basically a dream merchant. There is a certain segment who would want to forget all the worries in their lives and just be enchanted by a dream story – no matter how illogical it seem.
How about you pondering more about revival of the almost non-existent Pakistan film industry rather than looking beyond your border and cribbing about what they do.
BY Ali

I am sorry who are you and from what authority do you ask bollywood to give you something. Bollywood will give what the Indian audience demands not what some random pakistani girl
wants and her lollywood is incapable of giving. stop this obsession with us. you guys are amazing you separated because of 2 nation theory. where does that theory or Quaid dream go
when you watch Bollywood.
Sorry for being blunt. Instead of being interested in India start taking interest in your own country. By not doing that you are doing injustice to it.once again sorry if i offended you.
By Rohab

Positive Criticism is always welcome but this piece stink.

"See how she says Indian media does not teach anything to OUR society and OUR youth.
Time to wake up dear, you are a Pakistani , we are Indian. There is no so called OUR. The
OUR died in 1947. If you dont like Bollywood then simple dont watch it. I am sure you will be
happy with what your own country gives you. And if you are not then i feel sorry for you and its
a reality you have to live with. The best option even then i would suggest is stop watching Bollywood
"

By Ram Kapoor.

This comment was also excellent by this reader. I also like the one by Rohab. Inko zaraa sa haath kya do , tog jaageer samajhne lagte hain

We should seriously the opinions of Pakistani layman which is only second to India in bollywood movie watching .

I mean seriously this is the limit. Have you ever seen Indians lecturing Americans what kind of movie they make or North korean to South korean as a matter of fact any where else in the world. She is taking Indian movies for granted. :lol:

The problem with Bollywood is at one end we have crass commercial movies and other end pure art.This was the definition of the 1980s,we have a come a logn way since then.

There are so many awesome enjoyable but sensible movies releasing.Their percentage is significantly higher now than 10 years ago.

and secondly,i feel there are many Tamil movies where they balance comemrcial cinema with sensible,witty entertaining stuff very well.There are so many awesome enjoyable movies which not stupid/cliched.

Well constructive criticism is always welcome but coming from a Pakistani it gets very confusing. This article published in their main stream media can only suggest the obsession with Indian Movies among Pakistanis(vehemently denied by some embarrassed members here). I would love to read an article with the same title but bolywood replaced with their lollywood. About time they thought about something they can improve in PAK too.

Arre Nahin.. The author may not have been able to get a good pirated print of the bollywood movie she wanted to watch and vomited out her frustration like this.. :lol:

bollywood has now become a purely money making industry. nowadays only rule is to make money. if a cheap story can insure money then let it be, only rule is serve what audience like. i don't know abt others but 80% of bollywood movies is like trash for me.

Some members above are mixing art with politics. I feel sorry for those who cannot take criticism and advise others to not watch it simply because of their criticism. Example of Ra.one is there. Many Indians on this forum criticised the Ra.one( latest movie of Sharukh khan) so that mean they should not watch it at first place if they criticise it ? Ra.one was hit. Most indians watch any bollywood movie once it become hit and if they watch it twice then it become super hit.

How simple is to judge the progress of an entire movie industry simply by the volume of its audience or its predilection for dance routines. Bollywood has produced some good films over the years. Mother India(1957), Salam bombay(1998), lagaan(2001), water(2006) were nominated for Oscar but How many bollywood movies won the oscar award after considering their volumes :)

There are plenty of Indian films (both Bollywood and non-Bollywood), that are original and high quality. The problem is that few people watch those films, so they don't get much publicity.

Oh and E.T. was stolen from The Alien long before Bollywood started copying Hollywood movies.

If our movies is so bad for you.than why watch it.stop watching.bollywood movie is made for us indians and nri people.
Or build your own strong film industry in pakistan for learning.why you depend on our film industry.

Some members above are mixing art with politics. I feel sorry for those who cannot take criticism and advise others to not watch it simply because of their criticism. Example of Ra.one is there. Many Indians on this forum criticised the Ra.one( latest movie of Sharukh khan) so that mean they should not watch it at first place if they criticise it ? Ra.one was hit. Most indians watch any bollywood movie once it become hit and if they watch it twice then it become super hit.

How simple is to judge the progress of an entire movie industry simply by the volume of its audience or its predilection for dance routines. Bollywood has produced some good films over the years. Mother India(1957), Salam bombay(1998), lagaan(2001), water(2006) were nominated for Oscar but How many bollywood movies won the oscar award after considering their volumes :)

Nobody is mixing art and politics. pakistanis are not the stakeholder in case of Indian movies. We must have done something right because of that we have such a fan following. Indian movies are totally different from the Hollywood movies because we emphasize on relationship. So if they didn't win any Oscar is not a big deal.

Nobody is mixing art and politics. pakistanis are not the stakeholder in case of Indian movies. We must have done something right because of that we have such a fan following. Indian movies are totally different from the Hollywood movies because we emphasize on relationship. So if they didn't win any Oscar is not a big deal.
totally agree with you.our indian movie has different charm and we don't need any oscar.

What is really insulting is that none of these actually won any Oscars or Academy Awards. Then that racist piece of crap Slumdog Millionaire came along and won 8 Academy Awards.

the surprising thing here is that a Pakistani lady is complaining that bollywood is not making movies she can watch . thought from all the comments on this forum that Pakistanis hated bollywood and thought it stupid.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom