What's new

Boeing Has tested Missile That destroys Electronics only leaving everything

This weapon is too dangerous. In the wrong hands it could prove to be devastating.

Are we talking about electromotive power here? It will roast all the circuits and chips in it's radius and leave nothing that would work. If it could be developed in a more sophistical manner, there would be no data or proof available that the aircraft's accident happened due to technical error or there was any foul play.

EMP in my opinion is the new WMD. Just use them over main military bases and power plants, you have 80% of the military sitting ducks and no Air Force or Air Defense units to attack your aircraft (except for AAA or Manpads).

Its electromagnetic pulse(EMP).Its is a high energy burst of electromagnetic radiation usually generated by a nuclear explosion, or from a suddenly fluctuating magnetic field.A high-altitude detonation of a nuclear electromagnetic pulse (HEMP) device can fry entire electrical grid of a country and send it back to stone age.So its a kind of WMD.

Are we talking about electromotive power here? It will roast all the circuits and chips in it's radius and leave nothing that would work. If it could be developed in a more sophistical manner, there would be no data or proof available that the aircraft's accident happened due to technical error or there was any foul play.

EMP in my opinion is the new WMD. Just use them over main military bases and power plants, you have 80% of the military sitting ducks and no Air Force or Air Defense units to attack your aircraft (except for AAA or Manpads).

Looking at the simulation shown on the video, it is a targeted weapon, but the video says this is only a similar simulation, so it could be full radius.

i want to destroy my gf's iphone.. the facebook app... i hope they sell this missile this Black Friday sale.. :confused:

^^^ you can buy one of those mobile sibnal jammers... Available on ebay.....or chinese retail websites..

On topic.... The missile looks unreal due to its size....

I know that.But,Neutron Bomb and Cobalt Bombs are two different things.

concepts are different,but ways of killing are similar..
One uses Neutron burst..Other uses cobalt Radiation for extended period of time to wipe out living things....

concepts are different,but ways of killing are similar..
One uses Neutron burst..Other uses cobalt Radiation for extended period of time to wipe out living things....

Cobalt bomb is just a "dirty bomb"? ie, more radiation then blast. Works by layering the area with radioactive fallout making it unsuitable for living, while neutron just has an explosive burst of neutrons which passes over quickly?
At least that's my understanding of it. If im wrong, anyone pls correct me.

offtopic: funny chibot in this thread with pathetic attempts to divert the spotlight onto the glorious middle kingdom. :lol:

If this weapon is used in a city, would you see everyone with pacemakers rolling over and dying? Cars crashing into each other? City emergency services shut down in the chaos?

EMP weapons are destructive in their own way.

I can see terrorists using these sort of weapons in places like hospitals.

If this weapon is used in a city, would you see everyone with peacemakers rolling over and dying? Cars crashing into each other? City emergency services shut down in the chaos?

EMP weapons are destructive in their own way.

I can see terrorists using these sort of weapons in places like hospitals.

it's war, what did you expect, flowers and champaigne?

and btw peacemaker is a US made ICBM, pacemaker is the thing you have for the heart.

it's war, what did you expect, flowers and champaigne?

and btw peacemaker is a US made ICBM, pacemaker is the thing you have for the heart.

I'm talking about non-military applications of such technologies. It doesn't even need to be a missile. An emp bomb that wipes out the stock market exchange would be devastating for the economy.

I'm talking about non-military applications of such technologies. It doesn't even need to be a missile. An emp bomb that wipes out the stock market exchange would be devastating for the economy.

well, so far, the freedom fighters of various political and religious ideologies (sarcasm yes), have failed to obtain chemical, biological and nuclear weapons. One would presume that this would be guarded under the same criteria's, because it actually is a strategic level weapon. But who knows....

the movie from Boeing website indicates that the missile can switch it on or off and target a specific building among many, so presumably the elderly gentleman in the next door building would not have his pacemaker fried. how true that is, idk....

http://www.boeing.com/Features/2012/10/bds_champ_10_22_12.html

these weapons need too much power...wonderr from where the weapon is generating the required power for such an effective EMP burst...
EMP is an altogether different technique wherein a high altitude nuclear burst is used to fry all electronic circuits on the ground within the funnel and render all electronics inoperative.

Then there are anti-radiation missiles (HARM) that home on to electronic signals from ground based radars and destroy them.

This one (CHAMP) discharges a burst of High Power Microwaves from high above to neutralize all electronics on the ground based systems without destroying anything else. It is not a missile that hits the target, but sends out microwaves instead. The CHAMP can even render passive radars on fighter aircraft useless.

Nice stuff that India needs! What it is developing instead is the anti radiation missile (HARM) which is not the same as CHAMP.

Back
Top Bottom