What's new

BNP-M to oppose census till Afghan refugees’ repatriation

Because a large percentage of Balochistans Pashtun population is afghan...

And a lot of them settled here in the 60-80s and even today.. And all have Pak CNICs..

I myself have Pashtun friends whose family settled here in the 60s.

Are you a settler ?
Quetta is a Pashtun city. Its Baloch who are "settlers" in Quetta city.....

Why make another account when your other account is working and unbanned? :p

Quetta is a Pashtun city. Its Baloch who are "settlers" in Quetta city.....

Though the majority population in quetta is pashtun, still you're required to give proof to prove baloch as settlers ?

Why make another account when your other account is working and unbanned? :p
I was signing in on this forum through facebook but my facebook ID got blocked , i was no longer able to sign in so had to create new ID (i have informed the admins about situation)

Though the majority population in quetta is pashtun, still you're required to give proof to prove baloch as settlers ?
Pashtuns are original inhabitants of the Quetta city and district, they are not settlers. Balochs claim that majority of the Pashtuns of Balochistan are not indigenous but "Afghan refugees" of 80s with illegal CNICs. This is not true.

Pashtuns are original inhabitants of the Quetta city and district, they are not settlers. Balochs claim that majority of the Pashtuns of Balochistan are not indigenous but "Afghan refugees" of 80s with illegal CNICs. This is not true.

Indeed it is true . Majority of Pashtoons here are illegal afghan refugees who got cnic.

These Afghan refugees and brauhis are the recent migrants to quetta .. otherwise it didnt belong to afghan refugees at all .

Indeed it is true . Majority of Pashtoons here are illegal afghan refugees who got cnic.

You are misinformed.......Excluding Afghan refugees of 80s (who do not have Pakistani CNICs), large number of Pashtuns (Durranis and Ghilzais) and Hazaras of Quetta city were settled in pre-1947 British times. The other portion of Pashtuns in the city are from surrounding Pashtun districts of Balochistan and another portion is from indigenous tribes like Kasi and Kakar....

Desert Fighter (a Baloch with Baloch prejudices) is claiming that majority of the Pashtuns of 13 districts of Balochistan are recent settlers from Afghanistan. Thats simply not true. Just because the province has been incorrectly named Balochistan, doesnt mean 13 districts in its north-west belong to Baloch. There are no "four million" Afghan refugees in Balochistan. There are around 3 million Afghan refugees in Pakistan , and majority of them are in KPK not Balochistan.

Last edited:
You are misinformed.......Excluding Afghan refugees of 80s (who do not have Pakistani CNICs), large number of Pashtuns (Durranis and Ghilzais) and Hazaras of Quetta city were settled in pre-1947 British times. The other portion of Pashtuns in the city are from surrounding Pashtun districts of Balochistan and another portion is from indigenous tribes like Kasi and Kakar....

Desert Fighter (a Baloch with Baloch prejudices) is claiming that majority of the Pashtuns of 13 districts of Balochistan are recent settlers from Afghanistan. Thats simply not true. Just because the province has been incorrectly named Balochistan, doesnt mean 13 districts in its north-west belong to Baloch. There are no "four million" Afghan refugees in Balochistan. There are around 3 million Afghan refugees in Pakistan , and majority of them are in KPK not Balochistan.

Well bro I'm not much informed about this all .

But living and raised in quetta , I saw more refugees than local Pashtuns .
Anyway, whatever it is . We all are living together .

You may waste your energy on arguing which land belongs to whom , I'm a firm believer that all land belongs to Allah subhanu and he can give rizq and settle anyone he likes and discussing such stupid issue is just rubbish .

I believe that all land should be belonged to law after almighty . If theres law in land , all can live peacefully and will be a good citizen be it afghan , pashtun or baloch .

Well Mr Mengal i support your words but Where are you guys when Achakzai baraks !
that taki wearing afghan traitor needs to be picked up and thrown over the border into afghanistan with his rags wrapped around the mofo

You may waste your energy on arguing which land belongs to whom , I'm a firm believer that all land belongs to Allah subhanu and he can give rizq and settle anyone he likes and discussing such stupid issue is just rubbish .

Says the one who is talking about expelling Afghan refugees from Pakistan and denying them 'rizq' from land of Allah. Dont be hypocritical brother......Just because you have spent years in Quetta , doesnt mean you can differentiate between this and that category and tribe of Pashtuns there. Locals there are indistinguishable from Pashtuns of Afghanistan in looks and accent. So dont issue rubbish statements that all of the Pashtuns there are Afghan refugees.

Dont get me wrong , i am all in support of return of Afghan refugees to their own country but dont expect me to be O.K with a stupid claim that "majority" of the Pashtuns of Balochistan are recent settlers from Afghanistan. Pashtuns are indigenous to Quetta, it is their soil, all the others including Hazaras , Balochs and Punjabis are settlers and are guests of Pashtuns.

Last edited:
Says the one who is talking about expelling Afghan refugees from Pakistan and denying them 'rizq' from land of Allah. Dont be hypocritical brother......Just because you have spent years in Quetta , doesnt mean you can differentiate between this and that category and tribe of Pashtuns there. Locals there indistinguishable from Pashtuns of Afghanistan in looks and accent. So dont issue rubbish statements that all of the Pashtuns there are Afghan refugees.

DID I say to expel them out of quetta ? Though I was having that thoughts in past about them but now I don't . Infact I said that they're pakistan loving and have been developing this city . I may have issue with them due to crimes they brought but I am not in favour of depriving them of shelter . I've been also sympathising with them due to nagative attitudes from others .
...Just because you have spent years in Quetta , doesnt mean you can differentiate between this and that category and tribe of Pashtuns there. Locals there indistinguishable from Pashtuns of Afghanistan in looks and accent. So dont issue rubbish statements that all of the Pashtuns there are Afghan refugees.
Not all Pashtuns but Indeed most of Pashtuns here are afghan refugees or off springs because quetta is the second largest refugee accepting city in pakistan and we've 20% of them living here .

Dont get me wrong , i am all in support of return of Afghan refugees to their own country but dont expect me to be O.K with a stupid claim that "majority" of the Pashtuns of Balochistan are recent settlers from Afghanistan. Pashtuns are indigenous to Quetta, it is their soil, all the others including Hazaras , Balochs and Punjabis are settlers and are guests of Pashtuns.
Sure , quetta was once part of the old Afghanistan so it's possible that Pashtuns lived here most .

Achakzai will oppose it, this is his constituency . He is the one who is cashing pashtun nationalist card to win the seat. Otherwise Achakzai has no place in Baluchistan politics.

In 1962 , Pakistan affirmed the citizenship of all the semi-indigenous Afghan(Pashtun) and Hazara tribes in Quetta from Afghanistan who were accepted as citizens of British India before 1947. They are not refugees of 80s, they are Pakistani citizens but Balochs and others want them to be expelled from Pakistan

11062697_1045987398761117_7763032157115831486_n.jpg

These Afghan refugees and brauhis are the recent migrants to quetta .. otherwise it didnt belong to afghan refugees at all .

Only census can prove it. After comparing data with old census and taking in to account overall Pakistan census it will be possible to know if increase is due to afghan refugees or internal migration with in Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom