What's new

BMC delayed delivery of Kirpi MRAP due tofinancial problems.

madmusti

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
The Turkish Defense Industry Undersecretariat has given BMC, the maker of Turkey’s Kirpi brand armored carriers, a one-month deadline to deliver 175 Kirpis and 105 trucks that the company has failed to deliver thus far due to its financial problems, a high official at the undersecretariat has said.

JFa9t.jpg

“It should solve this problem within a month, but if they cannot we need to procure this [order] for the Turkish Armed Forces from somewhere else,” said Levent Senel, the head of the Defense Industry Undersecretariat’s land vehicles department.

The National Defense Ministry had signed a deal in 2009 with BMC to produce 468 Kirpis and trucks in a range of sizes, to be delivered by the end of 2012. BMC has agreed to sell 468 Kirpis, armored vehicles, to Turkish defense ministry, but due to its financial problems the production is still175 Kirpis behind.

BMC is currently 175 armored carriers and 105 2.5-ton-capacity trucks behind the agreed schedule. Along with the military, police forces are also waiting for 468 Kirpi with past-due delivery dates.

The company has been in a tight squeeze since last May, when the company first failed to pay salaries on time, and production at BMC factories have halted several times in the intervening period. As a last resort, unpaid workers have protested against the company by marching to Ankara and Istanbul from Izmir, where BMC production is located.

“We have been following this issue, though the public may not always be aware of it, and we have been warning the company regularly,” Senel said.

“This is the first time we have encountered something like this,” he said. “There is a satisfactory vehicle that has passed all the tests and a buyer ready to pay, but the producer cannot deliver the order.”
Senel, who still praises the quality of BMC’s products, said the problem underlying the delay must be the poor financial management of the company.

The official said Turkey had been patient for a year and a half, the total amount of time spent waiting for the delivery, but that the delay had costs for the state due to losses incurred as time passed. In addition to the financial burden, BMC would also be held responsible if any soldier were to be killed in a mine attack in the meantime, he said, adding that these factors were causing the state to run out of patience.

SOURCE :

Army Reco

Excuses, Nothing more. They sold shares to Arabs, Received 200 Million USD loan and still they have financial problem. Let the goverments buy the damn firm already, Its becoming more of a failure then MKEK.

Excuses, Nothing more. They sold shares to Arabs, Received 200 Million USD loan and still they have financial problem. Let the goverments buy the damn firm already, Its becoming more of a failure then MKEK.

This is the way ,but they dont do it.

Maybe they buy this :

kaya_2.png

But Turkish Army need´s to Trucks ,the best Choice is the Buy Anything from the Company.

@BordoEnes MKEK has not make failure ,if you mean the MPT-1 Project.

We dont see an Offical Statement from MKEK ,it was only from politicians. This show us the Proof that MKEK has not make a failure.

We must only Wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
@madmusti Its not just the MPT, MKEK has been disappointing for years now, Take the T-155 Panther Project for example.

Nontheless, Turkey has more alternatives then BMC, We arent obligated to take this sh!t.

For Utility Vehicles we have Pi Makina and for MRAPs we have Otokar.

Pi Makina
pi-makina-yerli-kamyon.jpg

Otokar Kale (Kaya II is made for UAE requirments)
DSC01213.jpg

You cannot give anything to Otokar-Koç.

Maybe Kaya-1.

Pi Makina ? Seriously ? Show me something that has Pi Makina made for Military requirements. (Not the Humvee Clon Pls).

euro-3114.jpg

You see this "Combat Proven" ? BMC Kirpi is not bad ,i dont think that SSM make just4fun choices between Otokar & BMC Products.

I don't understand. How can a company that belongs to KOÇ group can have financial problems?

MKEK has not make failure ,if you mean the MPT-1 Project.
We dont see an Offical Statement from MKEK ,it was only from politicians. This show us the Proof that MKEK has not make a failure.
We must only Wait.
OMFG.. MKEK is a fvcking joke, so-called mehmetçik-1 never existed and so far the official statements on MPT's technical stats were awful. 10.000 barrel life? I'd fire all those lazy government worker SOBs in a heartbeat. They made a 7.62x51 bolt action rifle and compared it with Accuracy International's .338. fvckin jokers.

MKEK is the biggest embarrassment of Turkish defence industry, no company can fail as hard as them. BMC didn't screw up, Çukurova Holding did. Big difference.

Otokar is good, but BMC is irreplacable. SSM should've kept a closer eye on them.

OMFG.. MKEK is a fvcking joke, so-called mehmetçik-1 never existed and so far the official statements on MPT's technical stats were awful. 10.000 barrel life? I'd fire all those lazy government worker SOBs in a heartbeat. They made a 7.62x51 bolt action rifle and compared it with Accuracy International's .338. fvckin jokers.

MKEK is the biggest embarrassment of Turkish defence industry, no company can fail as hard as them. BMC didn't screw up, Çukurova Holding did. Big difference.

Otokar is good, but BMC is irreplacable. SSM should've kept a closer eye on them.

So what is your best choice to Replace the MKEK ?

They made a 7.62x51mm Bolt Action Sniper Rifle and called JMK-12 and win Competitions against Accuracy International's.

I dont see any Statement from MKEK about the new Assault Rifle for the Turkish Army.

Have seen something like that ?

About Kirpi :

''TÜRKİYE'NİN ALTERNATİFİ VAR''
Türkiye'nin mayına dayanıklı araç üretiminde BMC dışındaki alternatiflerinin olduğuna dikkati çeken Şenel, tank yapma aşamasına gelmiş bir ülkenin, Kirpi gibi aracı yapamamasının söz konusu olmadığını vurguladı.

Şenel ''Halihazırda şu anda Kirpi'nin yaptığının aynısını yapan araç, örneğin Otokar'da var. Biz ihale kapsamında devlet menfaatine daha uygun olduğu değerlendirmesiyle Kirpi araçlarını tercih ettik. Otokar durmadı, kendi prototipini yaptı, testlere tabi tuttu, daha farklı büyüklükte ikincisini de yaptı. Hazır almak istersek öyle bir araç var ya da yapabileceğini değerlendirdiğimiz FNSS gibi başka firmalar da var. Bize yazı gönderip 'Ben buna hazırım' diyen firmalar da var. Durum böyle olunca isteklisi çok olmaya başlıyor, herkes bir pay almaya çalışıyor'' diye konuştu.

SOURCE

Kirpi is good ,but if they can´t solve the Problems in One Month they will go to Otokar or FNSS.

Which accuracy international rifle did MKEK compare the BORA-12 with? Maybe it was referring to the Pakistani tender?

Eventhough BORA-12 is 308, I heard the Turkish military is happy with the rifle. MKEK got the experience from the BORA-12 project now, so I'm confident that MKEK can produce new rifles with higher caliber's.

The Turkish Assault rifle, I'll just wait for IDEF 2013. 10.000 barrel life, is not ideal maybe, but it's a good start. As long as they can make their own rifles, they can find a way to improve the barrel life of the rifle in due time. I'm just glad Turkey would be able to make and use their own rifles, so they don't have to import and create foreign fire-arms under license.

I don't know much else about MKEK and it's past, but I just wanted to touch bases that I don't consider the BORA-12 as a failure.

Is Cukurova holding in financial trouble or something? That BMC is having troubles because of it?
It's fine if Turkish army cancel's the rest of their Kirpi orders and go with Otokar or FNSS MRAP's. I just hope BMC won't go bankrupt. It's not good obviously if Turkish Army cancels the Kirpi orders and BMC goes bankrupt because of it.

So what is your best choice to Replace the MKEK ?
We have Kalekalıp and Sarsılmaz.
The Turkish Assault rifle, I'll just wait for IDEF 2013. 10.000 barrel life, is not ideal maybe, but it's a good start.
Good start? GOOD START? These SOBs are producing 7.62 chambered G3s for last 40 years. Get a fvcking room.

As long as they can make their own rifles, they can find a way to improve the barrel life of the rifle in due time. I'm just glad Turkey would be able to make and use their own rifles, so they don't have to import and create foreign fire-arms under license.
Fvck our own rifles, if they are jamming and getting our troops killed. I'd prefer buying directly from global arms producers like FN and H&K. Note that MKEK has the same budget with those two but look at the production quality.

Is Cukurova holding in financial trouble or something? That BMC is having troubles because of it?
Exactly, coz BMC is owned by Çukurova Holding. We have Otokar's MRAPs too but BMC is really irreplaceable. It's the biggest Truck manufacturer of Turkey we're talking about.

@LegionnairE both are them working together with MKEK ,Kalekalıp is MKEK und Sarsılmaz is not better then MKEK.

About BMC.

No one here wants to replace BMC ,BMC is good and the Trucks they make are very good.

The Problem is Çukurova Holding.

An army without replenishment is not long courageous.

Good start? GOOD START? These SOBs are producing 7.62 chambered G3s for last 40 years. Get a fvcking room.

Fvck our own rifles, if they are jamming and getting our troops killed. I'd prefer buying directly from global arms producers like FN and H&K. Note that MKEK has the same budget with those two but look at the production quality.

Exactly, coz BMC is owned by Çukurova Holding. We have Otokar's MRAPs too but BMC is really irreplaceable. It's the biggest Truck manufacturer of Turkey we're talking about.
The G3's were license produced. The barrel life problem I think has more to do with the type of metal's being used then anything else. They could use existing methods to forge metal I guess, but then they would have to pay licensing to H&K or FN or whatever. MKEK is trying to avoid this I think, which means they need to invest in R&D.

And how do you know they are gonna jam? We barely know anything about it yet. They have a good product out in the way of BORA-12, so that's a factor that boosts confidence for me. And from what I have learned, the Turkish army is a tough client with lots of demands. They wouldn't except the Assault rifle if MKEK don't do a good job on it.

@LegionnairE both are them working together with MKEK ,Kalekalıp is MKEK und Sarsılmaz is not better then MKEK.
Phuck MKEK
The G3's were license produced. The barrel life problem I think has more to do with the type of metal's being used then anything else. They could use existing methods to forge metal I guess, but then they would have to pay licensing to H&K or FN or whatever. MKEK is trying to avoid this I think, which means they need to invest in R&D.
Hellooooo
G3's design was licensed, not the production techniques. That's why G3s produced by MKEK are no match for those produced by H&K. Still the best G3s in the Turkish army are the ones directly procured from Germany in early 1970s. MKE sucks because they didn't improve anything. They just worked from 9 to 18 like any lazy azz government worker SOB.

All those mofos should be fired.
And how do you know they are gonna jam?
I know for a fact that it won't jam because it'll be produced with a gas piston system that is licensed by H&K ;)

BMC is a strategic asset for Turkey and No other institute have neither technology, nor great variety of designs to replace What BMC is manufacturing at present. I am not talking about heavy armoured MRAP's. BMC is manufacturing not only military trucks, but also own chassis and engines (under licence).

Their designs are great and by technological performances, All variants can compete with European rivals at international tenders. No other institutes working in similar lines with BMC can't compete with them so Karamehmet should be kicked out of BMC immediately...

2.5 tonnes EFE

2.5_ton.jpg

5 tonnes truck

5_ton_2.jpg

10 tonnes truck

10_ton_2.jpg

Genel_grup.jpg

No need to mention 20/25 tonnes 8x8, Kirpi MRAP and Vuran...

Kirpi
euro-3128.jpg

W7H2R.jpg

new 8x8

BMC.jpg

Back
Top Bottom