What's new

Block 2 JF-17 makes first flight ahead of Block 3 improvements

Hi,

Due to its size, it will never carry "enough" payload. It is a small aircraft and it has sufficient payload for its size.
But its almost the same size as an f-16, it should be able to carry at aleast 90 percent of the f-16 payload with the right engines and modified airframe(like the gripen ng).

Does any one know that if there would be any change in the airframe of JFT blck 3 ?? and will it be made with the same motto cheap and reliable ? or PAF would go for advanced and lethal ??

Does any one know that if there would be any change in the airframe of JFT blck 3 ?? and will it be made with the same motto cheap and reliable ? or PAF would go for advanced and lethal ??
what makes you think blk 1 & blk2 are not advanced and not lethal?

what makes you think blk 1 & blk2 are not advanced and not lethal?

hmmm let me guess "world and my analysis" i m not saying its not a good aircraft its good no doubt about it but its good in its own way you can't compare it with the 4.5 gen jets of todays world

as i said it is reliable and cheap but not as Advanced and lethal as a 4.5 gen jet ....... e.g (gripen, mirage 2K, May be Mig 29 upgraded versions) and i m asking because JFT is our front line fighter means it has to face MKI's, Mirage, Migs, Jaguars ......

you can't compare it with the 4.5 gen jets of todays world

as i said it is reliable and cheap but not as Advanced and lethal as a 4.5 gen jet

JFT was never conceived to be a 4.5 or 4.5+ generation fighter, it is exactly what it was supposed to be i.e. an affordable 4th generation multi role fighter

JFT was never conceived to be a 4.5 or 4.5+ generation fighter, it is exactly what it was supposed to be i.e. an affordable 4th generation multi role fighter

so you mean we are going to put JFT against Mirage 2K Mig 29 jaguars mki's like this o_O only because we are happy with it :/

i mean no matter what you say we have to make it a fighter which can compete against the fighters of today and tommorow ...

hmmm let me guess "world and my analysis" i m not saying its not a good aircraft its good no doubt about it but its good in its own way you can't compare it with the 4.5 gen jets of todays world

as i said it is reliable and cheap but not as Advanced and lethal as a 4.5 gen jet ....... e.g (gripen, mirage 2K, May be Mig 29 upgraded versions) and i m asking because JFT is our front line fighter means it has to face MKI's, Mirage, Migs, Jaguars ......

You have lots of presumptions. Browse through JF17 specific section and you will learn more than you asked.

As a short answer to your question; JF-17 is meeting its quality benchmarks. Is not meant to be our front line fighter. Block-III specifications are not known to public but it is expected to be better and more expensive than block-II.

so you mean we are going to put JFT against Mirage 2K Mig 29 jaguars mki's like this o_O only because we are happy with it :/

i mean no matter what you say we have to make it a fighter which can compete against the fighters of today and tommorow ....

read before to hit reply button .....

Hi,

The world of smart BVR's and aesa radar is a totally different world. If you load up a B 52 bomber with BVR missiles with a good radar---it will wreak havoc on the enemy 4 and 4.5 gen aircraft----.

Now---to top it off---you add aesa to the JF 17----you equip it with a BVR 100 KM range---you also have off bore sight missile---you have an aircraft that can compete with anything in the 4 and 4.5 gen range of regardless of what it is.

The total package of current JF 17 is superior to the Grippen.

Last edited:
Hi,

The world of smart BVR's and aesa radar is a totally different world. If you load up a B 52 bomber with BVR missiles with a good radar---it will wreak havoc on the enemy 4 and 4.5 gen aircraft----.

Now---to top it off---you add aesa to the JF 17----you equip it with a BVR 100 KM range---you also have off bore sight missile---you have an aircraft that can compete with anything in the 4 and 4.5 gen range of regardless of what it is.

The total package of current JF 17 is superior to the Grippen
How so? Same upgrades can be applied to Grippen as well BVR missile , good radar.. etc etc .. no? Also when JF-17 missing one more hard point!

How so? Same upgrades can be applied to Grippen as well BVR missile , good radar.. etc etc .. no? Also when JF-17 missing one more hard point!

the difference of cost between gripen and jf-17 is almost twice. Regarding 7 hardpoints, f-16 had 7 till the block 10, so did gripen till C and D versions. There is no harm i havign less hardpoints as long as your plane can suffice it with dual launch racks, something jf-17 is destined to have adn already does.

You have got the idea of JF-17 whole wrong. JF-17 was not developed to match each and every fighter in the world it was built as per the requirements of PAF.
First goal was to get something of our own that is sanction free and very much affordable. (Achieved)
Second was to improve it. (Achieved with block 2)
JFT is meeting its goals, though a bit late but that is mostly because our economy is not that strong. Once the economy is stable, Block 3 would be something that would be able to take on any 4 or 4+ generation fighter.

actually you guys took my questions the wrong way i asked whether it would have a diff airframe and better radar in blck 3 and use of composites and etc but than was thrown into this type of VS situation my simple concern is JFT 17 (light and small fighter single engine) cannot match the big bad MKI's reason's are obvious and 1 must understand that if something goes wrong f 16 won't be enough to face the MKI's Mirage 2K's and mig 29's all at ones...... so either way they have to face them so is PAF thinking of improving it to the extend to face such stressed situation or are they happy with it because if having BVR on board was the simplest case than why spent millions on a new platforms instead let the F-7PG handle (upgrade them) those BVR's and take TOT i mean we could have saved alot of money for 5th right @MastanKhan ????

Sir,

Can be and is---are two different things---. Manoj---by the way what grade are in school!

Sir,

It is inexpensive, cost effective and reliable.

Back
Top Bottom