What's new

Blast kills 6 at Pakistan bus station

Chow chow

BANNED
Reaction score
Six people have been killed and 11 wounded after a bomb ripped through a passenger vehicle at a bus terminal near the north-western Pakistani city of Peshawar, police said.

The bomb was planted at the terminal near a market in Matani, about 20 kilometres south of Peshawar, which lies near Pakistan's lawless tribal region on the Afghan border, according to senior police officer Kalam Khan.

Mr Khan says the injured have been rushed to the hospital in Peshawar where the condition of one woman is critical.

"It appears to be a remote controlled bomb placed in a passenger vehicle waiting to leave for a rural area," Peshawar police chief Mohammad Ijaz said, adding that three other vehicles were also damaged.

He quoted witnesses as saying a man boarded the vehicle and left after leaving a package inside, telling people that he would be back soon.

Shortly afterwards a huge blast ripped through the vehicle.

The casualties were mostly among the passengers, the police chief added.

The dead included three women and one child, Kalam Khan said, adding that the wounded also included two women.

There has been no immediate claim of responsibility, but Pakistan's Taliban have carried out several attacks to avenge Osama bin Laden's death at the hands of US commandos on May 2.

The blast came after local officials had claimed a US drone strike killed Pakistan's Al Qaeda commander Ilyas Kashmiri on Friday.

The 47-year-old is one of the most feared operational commanders of the network that bin Laden founded and has been blamed for a string of high-profile attacks on Western targets, as well as in India and Pakistan.

He has a maximum US bounty of $US5 million on his head and Pakistani officials said he was the target of a US drone strike in South Waziristan on the Afghan border on Friday, in which nine members of his banned group died.

Blast kills 6 at Pakistan bus station - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Is there any record what number of blast is this in this calender year?

No disrespect towards thecdeceased. but this has become boring. Any reporting of bomb blasts should be banned.
i always wondered where the accuracy.planning and money comes for these terrorist attacks. Now that i have seen those weird looking american dudes with diplomatic passports roaming the country and behaving odd. i now know where the terrorists get thejuice from.

There is one major sticky thread "Insurgencies in India", that deals with all major terrorist & violent incidents in India. No one keeps repeating it, posting separate threads for it. I suggest we make a similar sticky thread for "The latest events in the WOT in Pakistan", instead of people spamming over events, which is happening here on the PDF all the time.

There is one major sticky thread "Insurgencies in India", that deals with all major terrorist & violent incidents in India. No one keeps repeating it, posting separate threads for it. I suggest we make a similar sticky thread for "The latest events in the WOT in Pakistan", instead of people spamming over events, which is happening here on the PDF all the time.

agree with that. post thoscsuggstion invhe appropriate sction and lets see what the powers up above say.

Back
Top Bottom