What's new

Blast in Model Town, Lahore

Oh God. I can imagine the intensity of the blast by the shock waves reached my house. I first thought it just happened around the corner. K block is a little far from my house.

DAWN NEWS -

LAHORE: A car bomb explosion rocked Lahore near two security agency buildings and a mosque in Model Town, where smoke was rising into the sky, sources said.

“It was a car bomb,” the DCO Lahore confirmed.

Many people are feared dead and trapped under debris, DawnNews reported.

DAWN.COM | Metropolitan | Blast in Model Town area of Lahore

Sad news. :(
Hope the casualties aren't high.

I could hear it as if it was right infront of my house, and i live extremely far away. I guess its just retaliation by terrorists because one of their takfeeri leader got arrested. Or maybe some indian spy was under interrogation in the FIA's office (which got blasted)

LAHORE, Pakistan, March 8 (Xinhua) -- Several people were injured in a bomb attack on the office of Pakistan's central investigation agency on the eastern city of Lahore on Monday, police and witnesses said.

The bomb exploded near the office of the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) at the Model Town locality.

Officials said that suspected militants were being interrogated in the FIA building.

No group claimed responsibility for the attack. But suspected Taliban militants attacked the FIA building in Lahore in the past.

The FIA building was destroyed, witnesses said. The blast heard in few kilometers in Lahore, the capital of Punjab province, residents said.

Officials said that dozens of people were inside the FIA building when the bomb struck the office.

Ambulances rushed to the site and shifted the injured to several nearby hospitals.

Residents said that windows of several buildings were smashed.

Blast targets security office in Pakistan's Lahore

5 people including 2 women and 3 men have died.
Inalilahe wa inaalihey rajeoonj.
Please pray for he injured and martyrs.

Five dead in Lahore blast

Updated at: 0910 PST, Monday, March 08, 2010

LAHORE: At least four people were killed and 22 injured in a powerful blast in Lahore area of Model Town, which seemed to have targeted a government office, Geo News reported Monday.

The deceased include two men and three women.

According to police sources, the security guard intercepted a man entering the building of a secret agency, who blew him up destroying the entire building.

The blast sound was heard far and wide. The blast was so powerful that it created a huge 20 to 30-foot crater on the blast site and the nearby buildings were harmed.

A secret agency office was targeted at 815am near the seminary of Dr Israr Ahmed in K Block of Model town.

The blast razed the building to ground. The injured are being taken out from under the rubble. Of the 22 injured, four are in critical state.

There are 13 women among the injured.

Ambulances, police and other rescue teams are busy with rescue work.

An eyewitness, standing on his rooftop near the blast area, said he could watch the smokes billowing from the blast site.

d232fc77c354651ab16067b3803cc6bd.jpg

I could hear it as if it was right infront of my house, and i live extremely far away. I guess its just retaliation by terrorists because one of their takfeeri leader got arrested. Or maybe some indian spy was under interrogation in the FIA's office (which got blasted)

or maybe RAW wanted to take revenge for the kabul attacks that killed indians.

this all fitna makes me so angry. it boils my blood to the hieght of madness every time the enemies of Islam and Pakistan strike us with their cowardly acts.. give me the explosives, i'll blow myself up in the core of their leadership..give me thousand lives and i'll do it a thousand time

Back
Top Bottom