What's new

Blast in Lahore's Z Block area Reported

Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah said on Friday that the blast in Lahore's DHA area a day earlier was not an act of terror but an "accident", as forensic samples collected from the site had shown that the blast was a cylinder explosion.

Six samples collected from the building where the blast that killed 10 people took place did not contain traces of explosives, he told a news conference, quoting a forensics laboratory report.

"Yesterday's explosion was an accident and not a terrorist or explosives blast," he said.

He said the collected samples had hinted at a gas leakage and shown presence of cylinders in the building.

Also read: Rana Sanaullah shifts blame for Lahore blast on protesters

"We will take strict action against authorities involved in making substandard cylinders that led to this explosion," he said.
http://www.dawn.com/news/1316711/la...t-caused-by-cylinder-explosion-rana-sanaullah

What a cover up ....

upload_2017-2-24_16-4-39.png

Its a shame we keep on insisting some thing which was posted several times on facebook .I live in DHA these are pretty common site

Either way, it speaks of a society that lost control of its safety and security, with non-existent standards for gas cylinders, in this case, and a long list of such lapses extending into many areas (the PIA international flight with seven standing passengers is another case in point).

Couldn't agree more. From airbags in a car to fire exits in a building, we couldn't care much less for safety.

It was a blast. otherwise har jaga aag lag jati, and also cylinder blasts dont cause this much havoc.

It was couple of LPG cylinder not gasoline. In this age of tech, one can try and see the aftermath of gas cylinder explosions. You should try that.

Prevent kerna ISI ke zimaydari hai. But why the hell does RAW fund terror on innocent people. Jis tarah update dai rai thay ajj tum... I could tell you were happy.
No yaar I am sad innocent people killed pakistani or Indians ...but how long you will blame raw mossad cia ....apne ISI ko bhi bolo kuch kare they take huge chunk of budget ...after 9/11 or 26/11 US India mein kahi bhi major attacks nahi hue ...except URI where terrorist attacked sleeping soldiers aur mujhe dukh hua ki Fawad Khan paris orlando peshawar ko condemn kiye but URI ko condemn nahi kiya ..anyways I wish to god terrorism should get rid of both pak and Ind ..Insah allah

Not because of that but off-topic.

That's not the topic either and don't tell me about morality. We have CM not a minister and such logic need to be applied in IoK too. Yes, we will make them resign once we are done with immoral enemy.

No my piont was why you will make them resign ...they should resign of there own ...in india you check our history google it any major mishap the minister resigns however in pak no minister or powerful army or ISI senior personnels do not bother correct me If I am wrong you are a senior member

Sir,
Such contents cannot be shared or you may edit the same/cut those scenes and share the rest of. I understand, it is a disturbing video.

bhai kia itna bura lagta hun? :cray:

I usually dont go to Z market, Y mostly. but yes as per people it was an explosion.

No Janab... not at all... While read it somewhere else that you are from Lahore, hence, asked for info as well as wished you safety. :-)

The damage is done , it caused fear and panic

My own analysis of the video is that the blast came from inside the building , because the windows to the side of the building are still intact , if the blast had happened outside

a) there would a blast crater
b) all the windows in the square would have shattered

But all this matters not

In fact the most disturbing thing from this that came out was the video that was circulated in which there are dead and injured lying on the ground and people are walking about making videos and speculating how the blast happened instead of showing any urgency to help the injured.

There is just one voice that says call 1122

Just received cctv footage recorded from an adjacent office, dramatic and disturbing as it is, there's no doubt that it was a gas explosion, there was no thick black smoke usually that is seen with explosives, later footage also revealed that the floor also collapsed.( sorry can't share the video as it's classified internal recording with names being mentioned).

Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah said on Friday that the blast in Lahore's DHA area a day earlier was not an act of terror but an "accident", as forensic samples collected from the site had shown that the blast was a cylinder explosion.

Six samples collected from the building where the blast that killed 10 people took place did not contain traces of explosives, he told a news conference, quoting a forensics laboratory report.

"Yesterday's explosion was an accident and not a terrorist or explosives blast," he said.

He said the collected samples had hinted at a gas leakage and shown presence of cylinders in the building.

Also read: Rana Sanaullah shifts blame for Lahore blast on protesters

"We will take strict action against authorities involved in making substandard cylinders that led to this explosion," he said.
http://www.dawn.com/news/1316711/la...t-caused-by-cylinder-explosion-rana-sanaullah

What a cover up ....

What is this guy lying if indeed it was an explosion and confirmed by CTD. Last thing we need is government lying to the public. Such a shame. @RescueRanger

What is this guy lying if indeed it was an explosion and confirmed by CTD. Last thing we need is government lying to the public. Such a shame. @RescueRanger
Sir god knows I'm just going by what I read and have been told. This is why I don't trust these so called SMS alerts that are so popular in Pakistan these days! Half of them are scaremongering tactics.

Just be practical and enjoy life, it's going to end one day no mater why you do!

Just received cctv footage recorded from an adjacent office, dramatic and disturbing as it is, there's no doubt that it was a gas explosion, there was no thick black smoke usually that is seen with explosives, later footage also revealed that the floor also collapsed.( sorry can't share the video as it's classified internal recording with names being mentioned).

Not all explosives produce black smoke.

Black smoke is produced from mainly oil based explosives such as ANFO

White/grey smoke is produced from PETN and TATP also some civilian and military grades of composite explosives produce grey smoke with the exception of Russian and RDX which produces a dark grey smoke due to the primer used.

You mean the video from Standard Chartered bank's cctv camera? Dude it is all over the internet :P

You mean this one? I was confused because Standard Chartered is quite out of the way and could not have incurred so much damage, it also has a plaza in front of it which is not visible in the camera. This is not from Standard Chartered, it is from the UBL next door to the affected building.

Just an observation: NONE of buildings that were damaged had tempered glass.

It is a tactic by Chaudhry Nisar and Rana Sanaullah and other PMLN touts to deflect blame. They even blamed pharmacists for the first Lahore attack and sufis for the Sehwan blast. If they had shame they would resign. People resign in other countries when there are bomb attacks but our leaders are so utterly shameless it cannot be expected of them.

Cool why Americans bombing NWFP areas who is allowing them for dollars?

Back
Top Bottom