What's new

Blast in a Mosque in Peshawar: 50 people injured

1- TTP has DENIED responsibility for this.

2- CCPO Peshawar told a news conference that the terrorist was using a 'Government Vehicle'. So how come a terrorist has access to a government vehicle UNLESS SOME Government Organisation provided the vehicle to the terrorist?

3- This is the same old playbook of Afghan war which the Army Generals used during the 1980's and 1990's and 2000's.

4- Destabilization of PTI in KPK is also HIGH ON THE AGENDA.

So everyone can reach their own conclusion as to who was responsible for this. But I KNOW 100% WHO THE REAL CULPRITS ARE BEHIND THIS.

Yeah, afghans

Demonstrations in Peshawar with faimilar slogans that were raised by PTM 2 years ago. But this time the slogans are amplified by young people belonging to PTI.

Couple this with other news like this

These jawans belonging to elite force are basically accusing none other than the ISI of carrying out the attack.

You see where the trend is and what is the future of the federation looking like in 5-10 years?

This fire will eventually reach other institutions as they are part of the same society. It happened in 1971 and can happen again.

There is a complete breakdown in trust between the state and the subjects.

Last edited:
I think the high casualty is not from the blast itself, but from the roof collapsing on the namazees.
The roof collapsing could have lead to additional casualties but a suicide bomber could have around 10 kg LE (even if it’s a modest vest) strapped to him, along with stuff like nails, ball bearings packed around the explosives which will act like projectiles shooting in all directions. The killer in a LE blast is the shock wave more than anything else which echoes when it is in a confined place like a building. That coupled with the shrapnel, the roof falling down in what probably lead to the unfortunately staggering number of casualties.

Demonstrations in Peshawar with faimilar slogans that were raised by PTM 2 years ago. But this time the slogans are amplified by young people belonging to PTI.

These jawans belonging to elite force are basically accusing none other than the ISI of carrying out the attack.

You see where the trend is and what is the future of the federation looking like in 5-10 years?

This fire will eventually reach other institutions as they are part of the same society. It happened in 1971 and can happen again.

I do agree with the sentiments of these young lads and what happened is truly unfortunate and an extremely barbaric act but one has to wonder wasn’t it the Police’s job to at atleast post a sentry on the gate to frisk anyone coming to the mosque and install a wall through gate or something to act as a deterrent against such incidents. Also, the mosque is inside a complex controlled by the Police, how did he get in from the perimeter gate.
Sensational slogans are not the way to go if we are not willing to accept collective responsibility.

Last edited:

This is expected considering how widely the army is hated, so it's easy for certain groups to leverage this and essentially pin the blame of everything and anything on the army.

People with no brains like youthiyas will go along with it, or people who have ulterior motives.

The possibility of it belonging to the state is very low in reality, but this sentiment is going to be very high given the policitcal instability and hate against the army.

But I find this ironic considering the amount of support for TTP in Pashtun nationalist circles, Afghans including their refugees, and some religious extremist folk. Are we going to deny there is no natural support for the TTP which is unusually high in areas of KP?

Especially Pashtuns who are blaming this on the army and claiming the TTP is a proxy, there must be some cognitive dissonance, there is no way they don't see the support for TTP around them in the above mentioned groups.

to some:

'nothing will happen', 'this awakening is nothing new', 'people will comply'

One thing I’ll say is TTP popping up in Swat, is certainly a result of help from some big wigs. From Afghan border for a group to travel this deep into Swat, sounds fishy.

Exactly, and add to it the propaganda against KP govt / PTI that it led these groups to settle in Swat. Connect the dots.

Bro just a few hours ago you were telling me not to say this and it's wrong

Now you want to napalm Afghanistan, what gave you the change of heart?

Bro I never said that we shouldn't take appropriate action, I was opposed to using nukes.. you asked for a nuclear response, I said that would be detrimental to our resources and bad for innocent civilians.

We all are equally responsible for this we never take things seriously and correct them for once it all pak has cancer of terrorism corruption but our leaders give it a silent medicine but not curing it once it for all
There were thousands of people in Pakistan protesting the recent clash in Palestine, Wonder how many Palestinians are protesting the bombing in Pakistan?

There were thousands of people in Pakistan protesting the recent clash in Palestine, Wonder how many Palestinians are protesting the bombing in Pakistan?
1lahhf.jpg

Totally agree. Barring catastrophic reasons, West (or the rest) has absolutely no desire to tangle with Afghanistan and/or Pakistan militarily. The Golden Age for Pakistan to cure its errors of supporting Taliban in 1990s was to be with the Nato wholeheartedly in 2002-2021. The logic of 'split the difference' between Taliban and the West did not work well. The Great Pakistani Strategist Hamid Gul presciently predicted that 'Pakistan will defeat America (in Afghanistan) with America's help'. His prediction came spectacularly true. Unfortunately, that success comes with a confident and energetic Afghan Taliban and a disillusioned West.
Yeah agree. However, I think I can also try a different be understanding towards why Pakistans establishment was playing such a double game with the U.S/NATO forces in Afghanistan towards those radical militants groups fighting NATO. I believe Pakistan was also worried that the popular support radical islamists militant groups and the Taliban have in Pakistan itself was significant enough to have them worried about whole heartedly supporting western forces in crushing these groups from both sides (Afghanistan and Pakistan). I guess Pakistanis politicians had to consider this politically as well. Plus the military also had their worries that getting rid entirely of these groups might also means the military will find it hard to justify their massive presence/usefulness in Pakistan and the advantages that comes with it. Since its groups and militants like this that also justifies the massive military machine that Pakistans military enjoys in the country. Eliminate such groups and the need for such a looming military decrease. So I guess there's also that and other things in play.
So I think the first step will be to first try and reduce the radical elements within pakistans society first and foremost. Else there's no point in even trying any other thing. Since these radical groups also enjoy strong support among the people in Pakistan.. just look at U.S forces killed Osama in Pakistan. Many Pakistanis protested not just that but also mourned his killing/passing, praising him as a hero/martyr, and this is just the tip of the iceberg. So there's a significant segment of the society itself in Pakistan that's the problem. So an urgent need is needed to first purge the country and steer the general populace towards a more moderate and development focused path. That will require alot of time, proper planning , foresight, willingness and execution on consistent basis by the state and religious machinery . Things I don't think Pakistanis establishment is capable of at the moment for several reasons.

According to reports more than two thousand blood bags were donated at Lady Reading Hospital, Peshawar in two hours after suicide blast in Peshawar. Donors kept coming until the hospital staff had to announce that no more blood donations were required.

Don't know about military, but incompetence among civilian administration is breathtaking (and dumbfounding). The Finance minister Dar would not be hired as a manager of a McDonald's restaurant here. Neither would the PMs Sharif or IK.
That is understood, and common knowledge.

But we Love our Military so much and expect too much. we are just feeling disappointed, heart broken, its all frustration, not hate.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom