What's new

Blacks Climing Indus Valley Civilization

Status
Not open for further replies.
If one Accepts that human life started in Africa then really we are all African.

Not sure about the claims, I am not an anthropologist but South Indian and Australian aboriginals are the same.... Both can be classified as black..... India is a bit of Australia that broke off and hit Asia...

This is only an issue if you consider melanin to some kind of important factor. Human civilisation is human civilisation what skin colour got anything to do with it

Not sure about the claims, I am not an anthropologist but South Indian and Australian aboriginals are the same.... Both can be classified as black..... India is a bit of Australia that broke off and hit Asia...

This is only an issue if you consider melanin to some kind of important factor. Human civilisation is human civilisation what skin colour got anything to do with it

IVC people were not Dravidians and had nothing to do with South Indians.

I do not know what IVC is. however genetic evidence suggests aborigines and south indians have common ancestry which is further backed up by linguistic characteristics

Aboriginal genetic study suggests Indian migration - Australian Geographic

Genomes link aboriginal Australians to Indians : Nature News & Comment

Dravidian Tamils: Tamil in Australian Aboriginal Languages

Well they are indeed connected. Look up "Great Coastal Migration" - it's the first of the two early human exodus out of Africa.

Well they are indeed connected. Look up "Great Coastal Migration" - it's the first of the two early human exodus out of Africa.

i dont think its that clear cut.. dravidian are the original people of india and there is plenty of evidence to suggest they settled in indus valley prior to being driven south... google it

however thats neither here or there.... the topic is can this early civilisation be termed black..... personally it does not matter to me much... as i said human civilisation is human civilisation.... what shade ones skin is somewhat irrelevant

i dont think its that clear cut.. dravidian are the original people of india and there is plenty of evidence to suggest they settled in indus valley prior to being driven south... google it

Every blogger pretty much cooks up their own "truth".. the wonders of internet!

Artefacts recovered from IVC sites point to a phenotype similar to West Asians/Baloch/Pashtuns:

dish_priestking.jpeg

well the indus valley script is yet to be deciphered.... but this guys argument seems convincing.

‘Indus script early form of Dravidian’ - The Hindu

but coming back to topic..... the statue above can easily be said to be that of a black dude with corn rows.... maybe the OP has something

well the indus valley script is yet to be deciphered.... but this guys argument seems convincing.

but coming back to topic..... the statue above can easily be said to be that of a black dude with corn rows.... maybe the OP has something

Indus Valley civilization is Dravidian or not is still controversial. But I would go by the religion. Hinduism as a religion grew out of Indus Valley Civilization. Hence all Hindus and Muslims who have converted from Hinduism are rightful claimants of Indus Valley Civilization.

Every blogger pretty much cooks up their own "truth".. the wonders of internet!

Artefacts recovered from IVC sites point to a phenotype similar to West Asians/Baloch/Pashtuns:

dish_priestking.jpeg
IVC covers entire Pak ...

The pic you posted is the statue of the "Priest King" -- found in Mohenjodaro,Sindh.

Indus Valley civilization is Dravidian or not is still controversial. But I would go by the religion. Hinduism as a religion grew out of Indus Valley Civilization. Hence all Hindus and Muslims who have converted from Hinduism are rightful claimants of Indus Valley Civilization.

IVCs religions has still not been discovered !

And you can't claim it as your own --- even if we "supposedly" believe that it was Hindu ! The claimants are yhe people whose ancestors created the civilisation ... Not some dudes living a thousand mile away from it!

IT would be like me claiming Arab heritage coz I'm Muslim ... Hence utterly retarded!

IVC covers entire Pak ...

The pic you posted is the statue of the "Priest King" -- found in Mohenjodaro,Sindh.

IVCs religions has still not been discovered !

And you can't claim it as your own --- even if we "supposedly" believe that it was Hindu ! The claimants are yhe people whose ancestors created the civilisation ... Not some dudes living a thousand mile away from it!

IT would be like me claiming Arab heritage coz I'm Muslim ... Hence utterly retarded!

Then you should read about IVC.

BBC - Religions - Hinduism: History of Hinduism

Picture of Shiva found from IVC sites
800px-Shiva_Pashupati.jpg

800px-Yogi._Mold_of_Seal%2C_Indus_valley_civilization.jpg

Pashupati seal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@DESERT FIGHTER I am not being religious here. The above god is Pashupati or Shiva...one of the main gods in Hinduism. The seals are from Mohenjo-daro.

Prove those gods are the gods you worship. A couple of pictures prove nothing.

Scripts or language families in general don't mean much in terms of genes etc. (well most of the time at least).
If I (Pakistani) keep speaking English and my great-great grandkid speaks English (and completely forgets his native language), would the great-great-grandkind suddenly be considered an English person.
That's what precisely happened in Pakistan and North India where people started speaking Indo-European languages AFTER the Indus valley era ended (most likely).
Language shift doesn't imply that those 'original' people suddenly all left for South India crossing Indo-european speaking Maharashtra and those 4 communites in South India are the only inheritors of IVC. That's absurd and faulty logic but this simple thing is not clear precisely because there's political propaganda around it.

Last edited:
Then you should read about IVC.

BBC - Religions - Hinduism: History of Hinduism
Religion in the Indus Valley

Maybe you should read what you post ? In this case a hypothesis...

"

We know little of the religion, social structure or politics of this early civilisation and we do not know the language, but seals have been found with what looks like a script inscribed on them. This has not been deciphered successfully and some scholars now question whether it is in fact a script, although this is contentious.

"

Picture of Shiva found from IVC sites
800px-Shiva_Pashupati.jpg

800px-Yogi._Mold_of_Seal%2C_Indus_valley_civilization.jpg

Pashupati seal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@DESERT FIGHTER I am not being religious here. The above god is Pashupati or Shiva...one of the main gods in Hinduism. The seals are from Mohenjo-daro.
Maybe you should read what you post

So every seal or drawing in the world somehow means it's Shiva etc?

As I said before .. Let's (for the sake I the argument) believe that Hinduism was born out of IVCs continuation .. How does that make you claimants or inheritors of IVC ?

The only people who inherit it are the ones from the land ...

As I said ... Just coz i follow Islam doesn't mean my ancestors were Arab or I'm Arab!

So stop being stupid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom