What's new

BJP pledges to build Bamiyan Buddha replica in UP

Android

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
BJP president Rajnath Singh has pledged to build a replica of Bamiyan Buddha at Kushi Nagar in Uttar Pradesh
where Gautam Buddha attained Parinirvana after his death.

Singh, who is on a five-day visit to the United States, reiterated on Tuesday his pledge during a major Afghan-
policy speech at the Capitol Hill, jointly organised by the Foundation for India
and Indian Diaspora Studies; US India Political Action Committee and
American Foreign Policy Council.
The Bamiyan Buddhas - the two 6th century monumental statues of standing Buddha carved into the side of a
cliff in the Bamiyan valley in the Hazarajat region of central Afghanistan - were destroyed by the Taliban during
their rule.
"I would like to recall that I was the chief minister of India's most populous State, Uttar Pradesh, when one of
Afghanistan's most prestigious and adorable historic sites at Bamiyan, which was also the world's biggest statue
of Bhagwan Buddha, was vandalised by the fundamentalist regime of Taliban in 2001," Singh said in his key note

address to the Conference on Afghanistan.
"At that time, as a symbol of the common commitment of India and Afghanistan to global peace and harmony, I
pledged to build the replica of Bamiyan Buddha at Kushi Nagar in Uttar Pradesh, a town where Bhagwan Buddha
had attained heavenly abode. I am sure this Conference would be a forum to reiterate that commitment by all the
distinguished people here," the BJP chief said adding that India and Afghanistan share a millennia-old strong
civilisational bond.
"The linkages go back to the Harappan civilisation, the spread of Buddhism, followed by the spread of Islam
under the Turks and later the Moghuls. We in the BJP attach key importance to these age-old bonds as the
foundation for a lasting friendship with our north-western neighbour," he said.
"Afghanistan has passed through very difficult times in the last three decades. Conflict with the Soviet Union,
followed by the repressive Taliban regime brought innumerable sufferings to the people of Afghanistan."
People of Afghanistan now deserve peace and stability, he said.
Assuring Afghanistan of full cooperation in attaining stability, peace and establishing democracy, Rajnath Singh
said, "We applaud their determined efforts to establish a democratic and progressive Afghanistan. As the world's
largest democracy, India would always be there to help Afghan people in their endeavour to democratise,
modernise and stabilise their country."

US, the world's oldest democratic nation, will, I am sure, stand with Afghanistan in the long run in its democratic
nation-building enterprise, he said.

Motor sports | Formula 1, Moto GP, INRC | News, Schedule & Statitics on Hindustantimes.com motorsports

Earlier they pledged to build a sita temple and now this . i guess they have their priorities screwed up.

Pledge to build a better India which offers equal opportunities to all citizens then you will have my vote, bahut chutiya bana liya religion ke naam pe but NEVER AGAIN.

Will someone tell these jokers that no one is getting impressed by such silly promises - considering that there are ' temples' that are still waiting to be built.

If anything , they are making a laughing stock of themselves

This is a good thing.

But honestly, the Buddhist community will be even more happier if BJP targets infrastructure development, crime tackling and do something about the laziness of UP worker class (who get freebies by casteist politicians).

Intead build 5 replicas of IIT's in UP... that would serve the people better...

IIT with minority and caste based quotas is useless.

UP needs infrastructure and lots of it. I've been to Gorakhpur, Muradabad and Kanpur. They are still in 1750s compared to other cities in the country. :sick:

This is a good thing.

But honestly, the Buddhist community will be even more happier if BJP targets infrastructure development, crime tackling and do something about the laziness of UP worker class (who get freebies by casteist politicians).

IIT with minority and caste based quotas is useless.

UP needs infrastructure and lots of it. I've been to Gorakhpur, Muradabad and Kanpur. They are still in 1750s compared to other cities in the country. :sick:

The only state in india about which I am worried is Uttar Pradesh
Even Bihar is doing very well under Nitish Banu sad thing he left NDA

Only God can help this state
If the UP Wallas continue to choose SP & BSP

The only state in india about which I am worried is Uttar Pradesh
Even Bihar is doing very well under Nitish Banu sad thing he left NDA

Only God can help this state
If the UP Wallas continue to choose SP & BSP

The saying is "Road to Delhi is through UP".
Same is "Development of India runs through UP".
If UP dont develop India dont develop. Really annoying at the way politicians treat UP, appease minorities(but do nothing to them).

Why in UP?
What possible reason?
Why not Tamil Nadu or Gujrat?

We built the world's largest statue, in response to the destruction of the Bamiyan Buddhas. I.e. The Spring Temple Buddha in Henan province.

(That was a while ago).

---------------------

09_Buddha_big.jpg

While I like the idea...

What they should really do is make the city a Budhist pilgrimage site. Build world class infrastructure with seamless connectivity in the city.

Do that before you build the Statue, and tourists from all over the world will come and add to the city's economy.

Why in UP?
What possible reason?
Why not Tamil Nadu or Gujrat?

1. He belongs from UP.

2. It would garner more attention as a few months back a mob of Muslims defaced a Budha statue in UP(Lucknow) a public park to protest the Rohingya riots.
The Muslims defacing the Budha statue made headlines.

3. Budhism's important places are in UP and Bihar.

4. UP is India's electorally most important State. You dont get power in Delhi without support from UP.

2. It would garner more attention as a few months back a mob of Muslims defaced a Budha statue in UP(Lucknow) a public park to protest the Rohingya riots.
The Muslims defacing the Budha statue made headlines..

So basically its an Anti-Muslim move?

Back
Top Bottom