BIMARU Corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@scorpionx buddy!

where have you been.

Missed our discussion :-)

Fine.

I always love conversing with you.

Was wondering where my Bengali Bro went :-)

I was missing the converse too my friend. last few days was little hectic.So couldn't join you guys. So, how is life? Reading something special? :-)

I was missing the converse too my friend. last few days was little hectic.So couldn't join you guys. So, how is life? Reading something special? :-)

Yes. M.T. Vasudevan Nair's take on Mahabharatha as Bhima as the Anti-Hero.

He is probably the most famous Malayalam author whose numerous books have been turned into screenplays.

@scorpionx I cannot believe i have ignored kerala's rich world of literature for this long :(

Last edited:
Yes. M.T. Vasudevan Nair's take on Mahabharatha as Bhima as the Anti-Hero.

He is probably the most famous Malayalam author whose numerous books have been turned into screenplays.

Yes, I read about it too. Bhima and Karna are the two tragic characters in Mahabharata whom I like very much. This kind of reverse analysis has always been interesting to me, since I first read Michael Madhusudan Dutta's Meghnadh Badh Kavya where he portrayed Meghnadha and Lakshmana in a much more glorified manner than usual.

@scorpionx I cannot believe i have ignored kerala's rich world of literature for this long :(
I honestly have started believing that literature worlds of Kerala and Bengal must meet at one point, start translating famous professional works into respective languages. It will open a map of treasure Island to all of us.

I pretty much like Karna in Mahabharata... :)

What do you think about Ravan - I admire him as well. Though I know he is from Ramayan.

Yes, I read about it too. Bhima and Karna are the two tragic characters in Mahabharata whom I like very much. This kind of reverse analysis has always been interesting to me, since I first read Michael Madhusudan Dutta's Meghnadh Badh Kavya where he portrayed Meghnadha and Lakshmana in a much more glorified manner than usual.

I honestly have started believing that literature worlds of Kerala and Bengal must meet at one point, start translating famous professional works into respective languages. It will open a map of treasure Island to all of us.

Bhima was a tragic character?:unsure: Were you intending to refer to Bhishma by any chance?

I hate Ramayana.

It made South Indian uncles look like Kumbakarna and other Asuras.

And Vanaras in South India,

yeah they better have a badass like Bali in our neck of the woods o_Oo_Oo_O

:D
Oh don't be so harsh :D Even Ram was pretty much an asshole when he 'preferred Rajdharma over Patidharma'. No offence to Ram. But then Karma intervened and made sure he lives without his own children, besides losing his beloved wife.

The Glorious fighting qualities of the Kubhakarnas and the rich city of Lanka is also highlighted.

Oh how I miss Lord Manvan to bash me over the Ram comment above. In the shakhas there is considerable debate that revolves around this episode. :whistle:

I hate Ramayana.

I loved it from another perspective.Ramayana was the time when North and South was first meeting each other in political arena. New strategic partnerships were on the making for the first time. Treachery, sabotage and fragile relation between royal blood lines could not been hidden under the sanctimonious identity of an epic which was meant to be an essential religious book.

Bhima was a tragic character?:unsure: Were you intending to refer to Bhishma by any chance?

It's Bhima. Ravi mentioned about an excellent book by M T Vasudevan Nair :-)

The Mahabharata's tragic hero | Business Standard

I hate Ramayana.

Don't fear, your Bali is here.:enjoy: How is my Jambavanta doing?

Oh don't be so harsh :D Even Ram was pretty much an asshole when he 'preferred Rajdharma over Patidharma'. No offence to Ram. But then Karma intervened and made sure he lives without his own children, besides losing his beloved wife.

The Glorious fighting qualities of the Kubhakarnas and the rich city of Lanka is also highlighted.

Oh how I miss Lord Manvan to bash me over the Ram comment above. In the shakhas there is considerable debate that revolves around this episode. :whistle:

@GlowingRedStar All rise for the High Lord.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom